Hugely Disappointed

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He couldn't resist throwing Madine in over McGoldrick could he?

Too busy thinking about how best to get one over on Wednesday fans  than his own teams style or chances of a result.

Hoist by his own petard 

Nailed it. McGoldrick has been a sensation for them but Ol' Piggy Wilder was to busy being caught up in his obsessed ways. 

Madine was as bad as ever.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

This is their big chance, much like our second season under Carlos

They’ve not thrown around the £s like we did under Carlos. And there’s a good chance they’ll get a big sell on fee when Brooks goes this year to keep FFP at bay and go again.

I don’t like giving them any credit but I thought they looked decent tonight. We’re unbeaten in 9 at home so was always going to be tough game for them. They will go close this year 

They work hard in the middle and get men forward quickly. We contained them and pretty much stopped their usual threat of defenders overloading. Hutch could have won it. They did plenty of hoofing. They're 17 points ahead of us and by rights should have swept us aside. They didn't though because they weren't good enough. I'll give them some credit for how hard they work but that's 3 games in a row where they've failed to score against a Wednesday side that is pretty poor all things considered. 

All I’ve heard for the last few weeks is how they’ll rip us apart this time because we won’t park the bus like Jos.

Quotes such as “Home or away we go for straight it from kick off”.

They looked a million miles away from that. Wilder definitely thought Madine would grab the glory but Hector bossed him superbly.

Bruce has done a fantastic job of getting the basics right with the defence and team shape in a short space of time - just need a bit more work in attack now. It’s definitely chalk and cheese though compared to the last 18 months.

Pigs are decent and I think they will go up second place. I thought on the night we held them well and it shows we have turned a corner as it was a competitive game unlike the 2 previous games at Bramall Lane.

They were at full strength and yet again we have to deal with yet another blow with Forestieri going off at half time and having to put up with Boyd for the second half.