Pelupessy and Fox must start tomorrow

35 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

What Lge cup clash v Hartlepool.?  They aren't a league club any more, so don't qualify to play.

I must've been reading the tea leaves in my cup wrong then, it was probably FA Cup.

:tango:

52 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I hope by next season they have both been moved on. 

Fox has improved but his limitations are clear. Hopefully we can start the season with a left back of a better standard and Penney can step up his game again to provide back up.

I've made my feelings on Pulupessey clear on several occasions. Hopefully someone can step up from the U23s or U18s and provide cover in midfield. 

Why should we field a weaker side today, just so they can play against the Blunts. The only difference in the two games is BRAGGING RIGHTS. Against Brentford its

W- 3 pts, Draw 1 Pt lose 0pts. Is it any different against the Blunts?

I would argue that it would be better for us if we are going to either draw or lose one of the games, that one should be the Blunts.

To beat Brentford is in effect a 'six-pointer' given our relative league positions.

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Why should we field a weaker side today, just so they can play against the Blunts. The only difference in the two games is BRAGGING RIGHTS. Against Brentford its

W- 3 pts, Draw 1 Pt lose 0pts. Is it any different against the Blunts?

I would argue that it would be better for us if we are going to either draw or lose one of the games, that one should be the Blunts.

To beat Brentford is in effect a 'six-pointer' given our relative league positions.

I would argue that it would be better to beat them both but then I'm an argumentative git.  Someone says black, I say orange. 

1 hour ago, LoadABallacks said:

Play the same side that started Saturday. It's all about winning the next game. 6 days rest, so fatigue shouldn't be an issue for next week.  

It might be an issue for tonight though, both Newcastle lads haven't had much football and may not have recovered sufficiently for Bruce to play them again so soon.

18 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

May be some merit in Hutchinson sitting one out but not Lazaar, he needs games not rest.    Plus I am really hoping he is on the radar for a full transfer end of season.

Not sure Pelupessy is a Bruce type player though, not imposing enough.

Westwood, lazzar, Aaron's, Iorfa, hutch have had half a seasons worth of rest up to Christmas, so do they really need some??. 

I'm in the mind of they need game time to get fitter and sharper, so I'd keep them in. For me the only ones in need of a rest are maybe those like fletcher and reach who've hardly missed a game all season, would love to see a Reach worldie in the 90th minute to beat the pigs, it would nearly be as funny as the old one with fatty Evans against Rotherham lol

6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Westwood, lazzar, Aaron's, Iorfa, hutch have had half a seasons worth of rest up to Christmas, so do they really need some??. 

I'm in the mind of they need game time to get fitter and sharper, so I'd keep them in. For me the only ones in need of a rest are maybe those like fletcher and reach who've hardly missed a game all season, would love to see a Reach worldie in the 90th minute to beat the pigs, it would nearly be as funny as the old one with fatty Evans against Rotherham lol

Still doesn't look happy about it.

article-2629733-1DE1B6CF00000578-707_634x444.jpg

21 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Only change for me is FF for Joao

How often do we read this....

Day of the match “ FF up front”

Day after “ Fletcher was totally isollated”

Hes a brilliant forward, but a lousy striker.