Great debuts

Paul Bradshaw......at Wrexham in 1976,scored the first in a 2-2 draw down at the racecourse,had a stormer,funny enough Id seen him play in a league cup tie for Burnley v Man U the season before and he certainly caught the eye that night as well,commentator mentioned he was a sheffield lad,couldnt believe it when we signed him.

Shame about his injury woes,he was a very good player

5 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Was it Hirsty's debut when he scored against Everton in the 1st match with a roof on the kop? 

Certain it was but could be my memory playing tricks.

Home debut but not actual debut. Came on as sub and scored with his second touch - I know that because I remember asking him the next day if it was his first touch and he said "no, second actually" 

8 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

John Sheridan looked class right from the off....in a different way so did Carlton Palmer for that matter.

not on carlton's debut he didn't I thought what we signed this gangly git for …..he did prove me wrong though 

Antonio against United in Megsons last game in charge. Wondered how much losing Marshall would effect us and Antonio stepped in and looked very impressive.

Provided the assist to the COG header (I think). Was on the north perfectly in line with the far post. As soon as it left his head I knew it was in! Luckily for United they could afford to lose that one.

4 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Antonio against United in Megsons last game in charge. Wondered how much losing Marshall would effect us and Antonio stepped in and looked very impressive.

Provided the assist to the COG header (I think). Was on the north perfectly in line with the far post. As soon as it left his head I knew it was in! Luckily for United they could afford to lose that one.

Played a part in it pal, he laid it off to Buxton who crossed it in for COG's header. What a day that was.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eastern said:

Lloyd Owusu. I remember his first apperance.

Cant believe it took so long in this thread to mention Lloyd Owusu. Scored with his first touch v Sheffield U at the Kop End.

Overall though he was a big flop after we beat about 5 or 6 other Championship Clubs (including United) to sign him.

post-4683-0-61859100-1403433053_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Cant believe it took so long in this thread to mention Lloyd Owusu. Scored with his first touch v Sheffield U at the Kop End.

Overall though he was a big flop after we beat about 5 or 6 other Championship Clubs (including United) to sign him.

post-4683-0-61859100-1403433053_thumb.jpg

I think he threw up more often than he scored whilst playing for us. What a 1st impression though.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Page 1, about 36 hours earlier :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

On 23/02/2019 at 22:20, Rogers said:

Blinker had a good debut! Villa away

But let’s not get too excited; we’ve had plenty of players who’ve had great one off games and the rest rubbish 

^This^ is what came to mind when I saw this thread

Guest addedtime
On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:12, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Could be one of those mind tricks but I’m sure Burton and Tudgay had their debut in same match. New Years Day? 

Hit it off as a partnership instantly.

Correct 2006. I was in the maternity ward at Jessops that day as my daughter was born. New Years Day. First baby in South Yorkshire in 2006 she was!