Great debuts

37 minutes ago, 60yearsanowl said:

Chris Bart Williams or Tommy Craig

Tommy Craig was last game of season v Spurs I think in 1969. What a player he was.

great player tommo but all I can remember of his debut is eric taylor saying " tonights team is tommy craig and 10 others " …..and other 10 not being too enamoured with eric  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

great player tommo but all I can remember of his debut is eric taylor saying " tonights team is tommy craig and 10 others " …..and other 10 not being too enamoured with eric  

I remember he hit an absolute scorcher from around 30 yards,he was very central so it was straight at Jennings,who patted it down and got it at the second attempt,I was in the NW corner upper section and there were a few gasps and it brought a loud round of applause

14 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Didn’t Giles Coke score 3 or 4 in the first five games of his first season. First was at home to Dagenham & Redbridge....

i try to block memories of that season out though.

3 in 5. Didn't score on his debut, although I think it may have been his shot that was deflected for an own goal. 

That was actually Clinton Morrison's debut as well and he did score, we thought he'd boss that league but....he didn't. 

I was at that game despite having shingles - truefan tm 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Yes I'll never forget that late sub appearance followed by an anonymous full debut at Forest on Boxing Day. 

His third game wasn't bad though! 

It was his full home debut & the first time I'd seen him... good enough? :laugh: