Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, striker said:

While I agree, going into the season with no manager doesnt smack of a club expecting to be challenging for promotion (unfortunately)

Why not? Weren't the likes of Derby still challenging when appointing an inexperienced coach last season. No one expected the likes of Norwich and the Pigs to go up. Bullen's held the fort quite well a couple of times now, I don't see nothing wrong with waiting and seeing what he can do, if it doesn't work out or we can attract someone proven, on the rise or high profile, then fair enough but it would be unwise to not give Bullen a chance and just settling for some average manager or has been to appoint for the sake of it.

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Why not? Weren't the likes of Derby still challenging when appointing an inexperienced coach last season. No one expected the likes of Norwich and the Pigs to go up. Bullen's held the fort quite well a couple of times now, I don't see nothing wrong with waiting and seeing what he can do, if it doesn't work out or we can attract someone proven, on the rise or high profile, then fair enough but it would be unwise to not give Bullen a chance and just settling for some average manager or has been to appoint for the sake of it.

Has Bullen got the nasty streak in him that is needed to kick players up the bum

I'm not sure.......

12 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

Has Bullen got the nasty streak in him that is needed to kick players up the bum

I'm not sure.......

Good point and no idea. I think he deserves a chance but if he's not up to it or we can attract a suitable proven, high profile or on the rise replacement for Bruce, then I've no fears about allowing him to hold the fort for a while. I would much rather that instead of settling for bringing in someone past it or bang average, when we've seemingly got a decent reliable coach already here.

Guest domSWFC

Borner has looked good from what I've seen so far, so if we went and got Hector who would we play at the back? Or would we play with 5/3?  Or would he be dropped? 

Defensive Line up vs Offensive Line Up

LINEUP111565088325450.png

LINEUP111565088476201.png

Edited by domSWFC

Market is bonkers, 7m for Joao who is shizzle 90% of the time. No wonder Maupay went for 20m which is also crazy money. Well done Chansiri on this, selling at the right time. 

12 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I read 5 rising to 7 with add ons earlier, I'd take that, even though I have a feeling he will do brilliantly once he moves.:ph34r:

Hopefully it's true. I did feel disappointed that we're letting him go instead of others but wheeling and dealing, selling and recruiting are areas we fell way behind other clubs at this level at doing to our detriment. If it helps towards FFP/P&S and/or with strengthening the team, then so be it.

Although I do rate him, he is frustratingly inconsistent. I felt if he joined someone like Bristol City or Brentford, that his valuation would soon rise but not sure that Reading is the right move for him? It might work out better for us, which along with selling someone for a profit and a decent fee is rare and hopefully a sign that we're learning to compete at this level you have to wheel and deal. Not only to stay within the rules but to improve the team.

Edited by The Night-Owl

19 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Market is bonkers, 7m for Joao who is shizzle 90% of the time. No wonder Maupay went for 20m which is also crazy money. Well done Chansiri on this, selling at the right time. 

Keiffer Moore £4M

Gary Madine £6M

29 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Borner has looked good from what I've seen so far, so if we went and got Hector who would we play at the back? Or would we play with 5/3?  Or would he be dropped? 

Defensive Line up vs Offensive Line Up

LINEUP111565088325450.png

LINEUP111565088476201.png

I believe Borner has also played left back & defensive midfield.

Just now, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Is it Joao who wants to leave,or us moving him on??..5-6m,take that all day long..Rhodes same too,but we will need a forward to come in..Gayle or Wickham or another prem forward...Shame to see them two go tho..Big Dave will be sad..UTO...

Upto 7 million for Joao, reports were saying he handed in a transfer request a couple weeks back so I'm guessing he wants to leave, But to reading?? Lol unlucky be smashing the goals in league 1 next season for them.