Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'd put my house on that we bring at least one player in, probably be 2, defender and a midfielder. 

If Rhodes leaves we'll probably bring 3 in.

We've already got Hooper, Jones, Abdi, Pudil and Matias off books who were all big earners

Plus Boyd and Onomahs wages

If we bank £15m for Bruce, Rhodes and Joao (lets say for the sake of argument) we’ll be able to buy and still be significantly better off on P&S. if we earmarked just £3m for transfer spending this season that could equate to £12m of players on 4 year contracts. 

Edited by WC1Owl

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I just don’t know if Hector should be a priority. Think other areas need strengthening first. Hope whoever is signing players stays well clear of Onomah. 

If we sign Hector, we should be looking to move Van Aken on. I think the Dutch window is still open until the end of the month so still a possibility he could leave even if he doesn't before our window shuts?

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

If we sign Hector, we should be looking to move Van Aken on. I think the Dutch window is still open until the end of the month so still a possibility he could leave even if he doesn't before our window shuts?

I would imagine that would be the case, he isn’t really getting a look in

8 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Was highly rated in Holland wasn't he? 

i'm 50/50 on the whole Hector thing.
Personally I think that boat has sailed. We've got the German guy who looks solid, no frills just does his job efficiently. you then bring in hector who will probably push him straight out of the team, is that going to sit well with the players and  Börner? I know if that happened to me i'd be pissed off.

Unless we can get him at a very very knocked down price then I say keep what we have in defence. sort out another fast winger, CM and fast striker instead.

3 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

i'm 50/50 on the whole Hector thing.
Personally I think that boat has sailed. We've got the German guy who looks solid, no frills just does his job efficiently. you then bring in hector who will probably push him straight out of the team, is that going to sit well with the players and  Börner? I know if that happened to me i'd be pissed off.

Unless we can get him at a very very knocked down price then I say keep what we have in defence. sort out another fast winger, CM and fast striker instead.

Know what you mean, but to improve, some players will be pushed out of the side The starting line up is good, but will need to be better, if we want promotion

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Know what you mean, but to improve, some players will be pushed out of the side The starting line up is good, but will need to be better, if we want promotion

Yep, there is absolutely no competition for the two central defensive spots as we currently stand. There's a bit of cover that's all. Plenty of room for Hector which will allow some rotation when required and hopefully reduce injury risk as well.

Edited by Morepork

16 minutes ago, modboy said:

Frightening. Not sure how they can afford Cocu and Rooney etc

Apparently Rooney is to be the academy coach aswell on 80k a week. And that doesn't count towards FFP.

Edited by pazowl55

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

While I agree, going into the season with no manager doesnt smack of a club expecting to be challenging for promotion (unfortunately)

Just now, striker said:

While I agree, going into the season with no manager doesnt smack of a club expecting to be challenging for promotion (unfortunately)

I suppose we will be able to gauge our ambitions post Thurs, and when we’ve appointed a manager

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Apparently Rooney is to be the academy coach aswell on 80k a week. And that doesn't count towards FFP.

Maybe we could register Westwood as academy goalkeeper coach, Tom Lees as academy defensive coach, Hutchinson as academy midfield coach and Fletcher as academy strikers coach. :Chansiri:

• Haha 2