Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seems really quiet on players being linked with us. Thought we might have heard a few names mentioned. Obviously Hector but that’s been the case all summer. 

Seems quiet on the manager front too, although it increasingly looks like being Bullen or at least temporarily. Still expecting some loanees at the least, it will probably go to the wire. Appears we got competition for Hector but it still seems like he's holding out for us because if he were going somewhere else, I think he would have by now?

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Seems quiet on the manager front too, although it increasingly looks like being Bullen or at least temporarily. Still expecting some loanees at the least, it will probably go to the wire. Appears we got competition for Hector but it still seems like he's holding out for us because if he were going somewhere else, I think he would have by now?

Not happy that the deadline is 5pm on Thursday. Use to love getting home from work, putting the kids to bed and then watching the rest of deadline day until 11pm. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not happy that the deadline is 5pm on Thursday. Use to love getting home from work, putting the kids to bed and then watching the rest of deadline day until 11pm. 

Yeah, usually check on here and BBC and Sky Sports websites for news during the day to see if we do anything. Not a fan of how much a big deal they make of it all, especially when they go on about how much the Premier League clubs have spent. 

Last night Bristol City were being credited with an interest in Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes.

Pete O’Rourke - who has a great record on breaking Bristol City transfer news - reported that the Robins are one of the teams in for Rhodes.

However, Premier League Norwich City look to be in the driving seat there.

7 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Just mentioned in another thread but the total cost of little old huddersfields starting line up tonights was about

£56M! 

Thats not even including the £11M Mbenza they brought on  that looked poo   

Huddersfield totally messed up their recruitment in the Prem. I do think The Blades have gone about this the right way. Sure they may come down but they've bought largely domestic top quality Championship players. Huddersfield was scattergun as was Fulham last season. 

34 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Last night Bristol City were being credited with an interest in Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes.

Pete O’Rourke - who has a great record on breaking Bristol City transfer news - reported that the Robins are one of the teams in for Rhodes.

However, Premier League Norwich City look to be in the driving seat there.

Bidding war please price only goes one way 

28 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Bidding war please price only goes one way 

Aye, do you think we could somehow shoehorn Fox in to the deal? Like a buy one for nowt and get another absolutely free kind of thing?

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Aye, do you think we could somehow shoehorn Fox in to the deal? Like a buy one for nowt and get another absolutely free kind of thing?

You mean get two for free?

Cant see that being a good deal for us.

Unless you're referring to Fox and Van Aken.

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Finish work at dinner time, get home and send the kids to bed at 2pm, open a few beers and the jobs a good un'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Thinking that anyone expecting any incoming players is going to be disappointed.

For me it's going to be 2 or 3 out and none in.

We have to balance the books

If we brought nobody in I would be surprised.

Joao, Rhodes and Bruce going will bring us around £13-15 million in fees. I would hope we will be smart and bring in Hector if the fee is reasonable, and some talented youngsters on loan, that will still leave us in a healthier position.

9 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Thinking that anyone expecting any incoming players is going to be disappointed.

For me it's going to be 2 or 3 out and none in.

We have to balance the books

I'd put my house on that we bring at least one player in, probably be 2, defender and a midfielder. 

If Rhodes leaves we'll probably bring 3 in.

We've already got Hooper, Jones, Abdi, Pudil and Matias off books who were all big earners

Edited by bradowl