Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Why won't Hughton just state hes officially not interested in the fecking job. Why does he have to answer with things like "im willing to wait..."

Is that just a response like the one you give to someone selling a car?

"Not parting with 9k for this mate. I'm willing to wait for another one of these to come up. 7k though and we're in business..."

Is it something like that?

Tend to agree.

Why keep stalling.

As much as I'd like him to come, if it's not going to be, move on............

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Tend to agree.

Why keep stalling.

As much as I'd like him to come, if it's not going to be, move on............

Driving me mad. 

Feels to me that he is interested but there's certain things that are preventing a deal between him and Chansiri. And he's waiting for them to be rectified. I don't know...

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wigan splashing a bit of cash in this window. Not really a club i expect to do that. 

Yeah they've spent about £8.5M so far. However last season they did sell about £6M worth of players and made a small profit so it shows you have to sell players to buy better ones. Not that our fans don't know that its DC that doesn't understand it. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wigan splashing a bit of cash in this window. Not really a club i expect to do that. 

Another club, who last season, used the loan system brilliantly When you think their two best players last season, were the full backs they borrowed from Chelsea and Everton, and ours here, was Hector, then you can make a real difference with shrewd use of the loan system

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, poite said:

Why won't Hughton just state hes officially not interested in the fecking job. Why does he have to answer with things like "im willing to wait..."

Is that just a response like the one you give to someone selling a car?

"Not parting with 9k for this mate. I'm willing to wait for another one of these to come up. 7k though and we're in business..."

Is it something like that?

My feeling is he doesn’t want to be disrespectful by naming us directly as a club who have expressed an interest in hiring him. Which, in my opinion, is commendable.

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Another club, who last season, used the loan system brilliantly When you think their two best players last season, were the full backs they borrowed from Chelsea and Everton, and ours here, was Hector, then you can make a real difference with shrewd use of the loan system

Fingers crossed we'll pull some magic off by Thursday. When we got the likes of Iorfa, Lazaar and Aarons they all came out of the blue and there were little to no leaks they were signing until they practically signed. So hoping that will be the case again. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Fingers crossed we'll pull some magic off by Thursday. When we got the likes of Iorfa, Lazaar and Aarons they all came out of the blue and there were little to no leaks they were signing until they practically signed. So hoping that will be the case again. 

Although, let’s hope they’re a little more ambitious than those three

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Could us not having a permanent manager effect potential deals? 

5 minutes ago, edited said:

3 players from Premier League teams who if fit would start every week for us? 

Realistically how are we going to get better than that

Nah not for me, useful squad players, but not starters. I’m hoping they’ll be players who will make a big difference to the starting eleven, like Hector, and the two Wigan lads