Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, j17tjp said:

I remember many yrs ago when Torres went to Chelsea, someone who worked there told me they’d made close to his fee through shirt sales. 

Theres big money in big players. 

Derby could take it in & not register with FFP if he’s classed as a coach

Arsenal did the same with Bergkamp, plus sold thousands of extra season tickets when it was announced.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You will when casbah gets hold of yer ..

lol

He's too busy typing up the minutes from DC's london meet. 

4 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

think about it. your Börner you've gone through all pre season training with the team, played in all the games and not put a foot wrong and played well. Then all of a sudden a player comes in and instantly replaces you in the team (and you know he will).

But as a fan i want to see him back.

Does that make more sense or do I need to run it through google translator in your chosen language?

Think you're looking for an issue where there is no issue. Hector was our player of the season and our best defender last season, plus he was clearly our top target. The current squad and potential signings would know that or should know that. Competition for places and cover is a good thing. Having both will strengthen us and our chances to do well.

20 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

think about it. your Börner you've gone through all pre season training with the team, played in all the games and not put a foot wrong and played well. Then all of a sudden a player comes in and instantly replaces you in the team (and you know he will).

Does that make more sense or do I need to run it through google translator in your chosen language?

I agree with the point you're making, but currently, after Lees and Borner, we only have Thorniley and the much maligned Van Aken plus some stop-gaps. Hector challenges the first two (not just Borner) for a starting place. Anyone we sign must be a potential starter, not a squad filler. That said, I'm not convinced he'll drop immediately into a starting place. How much of a pre-season has he had after coming back from the internationals? I think he'll be sub to start with. Maybe start vs Bury though and get 45-60 minutes. I also think he might be used as an alternative to Hutchinson. So Borner should be too despondent that Hector is arriving.

33 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

But if we want to improve, then presumably those we want to bring in, should be better than those holding the shirts Understand what you are saying about those who’ve been doing well pre season, and have started the season so well, and maybe any newcomers should wait for their opportunity It’s the same with the managerial situation, Bullen has done a good job in a similar situation, but if we can appoint somebody who might give us more chance of promotion, then surely we do it

27 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Think you're looking for an issue where there is no issue. Hector was our player of the season and our best defender last season, plus he was clearly our top target. The current squad and potential signings would know that or should know that. Competition for places and cover is a good thing. Having both will strengthen us and our chances to do well.

With MH only signing tomorrow, he could be on bench on Saturday as training may not have been as intensive as was required. This would avoid dropping a player who did nothing wrong and hector stries me as reasonable chap who would understand situation and realises needs to familiarise himself with Odubajo, Lee and Harris who he will not have had much game time with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

With MH only signing tomorrow, he could be on bench on Saturday as training may not have been as intensive as was required. This would avoid dropping a player who did nothing wrong and hector stries me as reasonable chap who would understand situation and realises needs to familiarise himself with Odubajo, Lee and Harris who he will not have had much game time with.

Yeah, unsure how fit he'd be after the Gold Cup? Competition for places will be healthy and once they're all fully fit and available, we'll have strong defensive options for this level. We'd arguably just need to strengthen midfield, get a couple more out and bring in another attacking option with some pace and we'd have a decent shot at top 6.

15 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I agree with the point you're making, but currently, after Lees and Borner, we only have Thorniley and the much maligned Van Aken plus some stop-gaps. Hector challenges the first two (not just Borner) for a starting place. Anyone we sign must be a potential starter, not a squad filler. That said, I'm not convinced he'll drop immediately into a starting place. How much of a pre-season has he had after coming back from the internationals? I think he'll be sub to start with. Maybe start vs Bury though and get 45-60 minutes. I also think he might be used as an alternative to Hutchinson. So Borner should be too despondent that Hector is arriving.

Good point. When Chelsea signed Hector from Reading initially, he had been playing defensive midfielder, and was much praised in that role.....would be a better replacement for Hutch than Pessy, although most people would love to see him back alongside Lees. Doesn't matter if Borners feelings are hurt..... he'll just have to f*cking get on with it....

55 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Borner will still be getting paid and he will be used to the challenge of others wanting to replace him. If he's a pro he will work harder to improve and show he has more to offer. That's what having a squad is all about. Competing players push each other to improve.

It’s great competition make no mistake, If Borner is good enough he’ll get games it’s probably that simple 

Injuries/suspensions always give people chances 

22 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

It potentially gives us options of a back 3 of lees, borner and hector...or.....hector could step into the deep midfield position...or borner could go to left back...

Or we drop Lees, as he was poor for a lot of last season.

To date, we haven't added any loan players to the squad. It's going to be an interesting couple of days.

I also hope we can find clubs for some of our younger players to develop. It's certainly an area in which the Blades have done better than us and have reaped the rewards accordingly.