Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We want wages to be paid in full I’ve heard. A lot of lower league sides just can’t afford it. Likes of Preston, Kirby, Hunt, Borokov etc need to be out playing games even if that is National League Level. 

Heard from who?

Chelsea are prepared to accept Swansea’s £3m bid for Kasey Palmer. It seems that they are prepared to let go, all those who are unlikely to be involved, for what I would suggest, are reasonable fees. DaSilva £2m, Palmer £3m, so I don’t think we’d have to pay to much for Hector. Still think a loan deal would be not in Chelsea’s interest though

1 hour ago, Left-footed Filth said:

I think hector will be with us by Friday 

Gut feeling or ITK.

He did send birthday greetings to Moses Odubajo this morning but I think they played together at Hull.

#swfc LB on the potential for outgoings: “Ultimately, you need offers for players. That’ll be dealt with by the chairman and the recruitment dept. You can only sell who you get offers for and we’ll deal with that when it comes.”

So we do have a recruitment department. It would be interesting to know if they search for players or just do the contract negotiation.

5 minutes ago, prowl said:
#swfc LB on the potential for outgoings: “Ultimately, you need offers for players. That’ll be dealt with by the chairman and the recruitment dept. You can only sell who you get offers for and we’ll deal with that when it comes.”

So we do have a recruitment department. It would be interesting to know if they search for players or just do the contract negotiation.

Didnt Bruce bring in a "scout", a recruitment expert with data bases and what have you. I haven't read that he's left.

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

Be interesting to know what they do between August & January! 

Have any of them ever worked in sales before?

:laugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

Didnt Bruce bring in a "scout", a recruitment expert with data bases and what have you. I haven't read that he's left.

He brought a copy of Football Manager with him and left it in his desk when he left.....maybe.

I must have missed the recruitment expert press release. I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at Newcastle.

28 minutes ago, prowl said:

I read that as we havnt had any offers for players .

9 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Personally think hectors gone now. We've three left sided center Half's fit so don't really need him or it'll wee wee people off I'd like think.

Im not one for Instagram and Twitter, but it seems there's too much "liking" going on to dismiss the possible arrival of Hector. I reckon he's coming, unless the new manager vetoes it.

I agree with the overload of left sided centre backs, but I'm hopeful that Borner makes the position his. Hector will then be free to sit in front and be the midfield beast we've lacked for so long.

Just now, Tamworthowl said:

Im not one for Instagram and Twitter, but it seems there's too much "liking" going on to dismiss the possible arrival of Hector. I reckon he's coming, unless the new manager vetoes it.

I agree with the overload of left sided centre backs, but I'm hopeful that Borner makes the position his. Hector will then be free to sit in front and be the midfield beast we've lacked for so long.

Now wouldn’t that be something

45 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I read that as we havnt had any offers for players .

Agreed. It's ok saying we should off load, but in order for that to happen, you need someone to offload to. It's simple supply and demand. If the interest isn't there, then it somehow has to be created, by either a knock down price or the players creating interest via performances. It isn't rocket science, yet it's infuriating when folk just say oh get rid. It's not that easy.

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

I know Hector played on the left alongside Lees however I'm sure he's right footed, does this not make him right sided? Was he not just playing Left CB as he was the better option? Just wondering? Either way adding Hector to our squad would be brilliant wherever he played.

Edited by Maltby owl83

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hector 

Chalobah

Marshall

Go bring all three in as soon as possible. Waiting for a manager might just delay things. 

If you're referring to Trevoh, think he's lined up as Billing's replacement at Huddersfield when he moves to Bournemouth.