Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That would be a shame. Really good player, provide the height and presence we lack in the middle at times.

Huddersfield have the cash to buy. The lad I would really like on loan is Bielik at Arsenal. Did well at Charlton, but he's been linked with AC Milan this summer so possibly beyond us. If we're forced to go cheap, I'd consider Tom Adeyemi who's just left Ipswich. Had a tough couple of years with injury, but the type of mid we need. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Huddersfield have the cash to buy. The lad I would really like on loan is Bielik at Arsenal. Did well at Charlton, but he's been linked with AC Milan this summer so possibly beyond us. If we're forced to go cheap, I'd consider Tom Adeyemi who's just left Ipswich. Had a tough couple of years with injury, but the type of mid we need. 

Couple of good suggestions them. Forgot about Adeyemi, I always liked to look of him but seems had a bad time with injuries.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Bieliks been told hes got no future at Arsenal either.

Guest wilyfox
18 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Bieliks been told hes got no future at Arsenal either.

Would be awesome here. 

If we don't get sensible offers for those the club deem surplus.. then they should stay and buckle down.

People go on and on about football being a business...well bloody run it like one!

Chansiri is absolutely right to value his assets at the market rate.

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He was good onloan last season with Charlton in league one, but poor when he played in the championship

Was only 19 then, and played CB. Looks a different animal now in midfield. 

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He was good onloan last season with Charlton in league one, but poor when he played in the championship

Arsenal must rate him because just read that they want to keep him. Placed a 10m price tag on him. Derby and Boro amongst clubs interested. That rules us out. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Arsenal must rate him because just read that they want to keep him. Placed a 10m price tag on him. Derby and Boro amongst clubs interested. That rules us out. 

Ouch. Although they did pay around 2.5 to sign him in the first place, so I knew he wouldn't be cheap. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Ouch. Although they did pay around 2.5 to sign him in the first place, so I knew he wouldn't be cheap. 

We could get Hector for a fraction of the price, and we could even play him in midfield if we wanted to. A similar style to Bielik, in that he’s comfortable in both roles, and we know he can do it at this level

Just now, gurujuan said:

We could get Hector for a fraction of the price, and we could even play him in midfield if we wanted to. A similar style to Bielik, in that he’s comfortable in both roles, and we know he can do it at this level

I think if we could have signed Hector for anything like 2.5m we would be trying to or already done it.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

I think if we could have signed Hector for anything like 2.5m we would be trying to or already done it.

I reckon Chelsea would take £3m for Hector, which would be an absolute steal, especially as we were prepared to pay that for Morrison and Hanley

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Bielik better driving forward than Hector, in my opinion. Personally, don't think Hector has the agility for midfield. Would love Hector back if we could do it - but as a centre-half. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, marcx666 said:

Marvelous Nakamba is having a medical at Villa. No interest to us at all but what a f*cking name, is only he and Isaac Success got married we could have a Marvelous Success lol

Surely with a name like that he should be joining Watford to play with 

Isaac Success. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I reckon Chelsea would take £3m for Hector, which would be an absolute steal, especially as we were prepared to pay that for Morrison and Hanley

Chelsea will know his worth after getting player of the year for a championship team last season.  I honestly believe it would have been done now if it was that cheap.

37 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Bielik better driving forward than Hector, in my opinion. Personally, don't think Hector has the agility for midfield. Would love Hector back if we could do it - but as a centre-half. 

Maybe, but I suppose it would depend on how we set up. If it were a central two, perhaps Bielik is better suited to role, I don’t know. Yes, you couldn’t put Hector in a two man midfield, but occupying Hutchinson’s role in a three, he’d be awesome. He’d block off everything, in the air, or on the ground, and he can also set attacks off with his range of passing. I’d say he has the edge on Hutch as a defensive midfielder, and we’d still get his dominance at set plays. Of course though, I’d be happy to have him back as a centre back. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, but I suppose it would depend on how we set up. If it were a central two, perhaps Bielik is better suited to role, I don’t know. Yes, you couldn’t put Hector in a two man midfield, but occupying Hutchinson’s role in a three, he’d be awesome. He’d block off everything, in the air, or on the ground, and he can also set attacks off with his range of passing. I’d say he has the edge on Hutch as a defensive midfielder, and we’d still get his dominance at set plays. Of course though, I’d be happy to have him back as a centre back. 

We have two sitting midfielders in Hutch and Pelupessy, and two technical mids in Lee and Bannan. What we don't have is athletic box-to-box. Hector wouldn't be that. Bielik could be, but at 10mil it's all pie in the sky. We do need someone to give our central midfield some umpf. 

Edited by wilyfox