Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

40 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Not a rumour but more of a left field/budget suggestion.

There was a player doing well at Oldham called Ousmane Fané who was a lanky box to box player who looked really promising before he broke his leg. He had a year out the game and left Oldham as he fell out with them. Last I saw he was up training with Motherwell but not sure if he signed.

French player but did the rounds in non league here for Kidderminster and Birmingham were keen for a while.

Well let me be the first to tell you...

I love Fané :rolleyes:

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Not left field at all ! Players returning from lay off know if they have anything to give/prove. The cost of a trial is a few weeks accommodation and a £1k expenses. What is to lose ?  

Think his agent must be trying to find him somewhere with these videos 

23 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Think his agent must be trying to find him somewhere with these videos 

A little bit one footed and seems to go down under challenge too easily but I thought we were looking at a young Carlton Palmer, he can certainly turn under pressure, with the right team around him he has the makings of a 7 figure player.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

A little bit one footed and seems to go down under challenge too easily but I thought we were looking at a young Carlton Palmer, he can certainly turn under pressure, with the right team around him he has the makings of a 7 figure player.

Yep, certainly raw but I thought he looked promising pre injury.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Yep, certainly raw but I thought he looked promising pre injury.

He reminds me of Carlton Palmer with the way his long legs snake out and either collect the ball or shield it. He's still got his best years ahead of him and Def Mid is a position we need competition for places with Hutch being a crock.

Worth a trial.

• Like 1

We still have an unbalanced squad, and if we can’t get players out, for whatever reason, might we have to look at different roles for certain players? The main area where we are short, is central midfield, where we basically have 4 players. There are 8 days left for us to wheel and deal, but if we don’t get any more movement, that is it until January, unless we can find anyone who is out of contract. We won’t get by with 4 central midfielders, especially as two of them have dubious fitness records.

I suppose the obvious one who could do a job centrally, although with limited success, is Reach. Could anyone step forward from the back? Palmer, he’s played there before, as has Baker I believe. 

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We still have an unbalanced squad, and if we can’t get players out, for whatever reason, might we have to look at different roles for certain players? The main area where we are short, is central midfield, where we basically have 4 players. There are 8 days left for us to wheel and deal, but if we don’t get any more movement, that is it until January, unless we can find anyone who is out of contract. We won’t get by with 4 central midfielders, especially as two of them have dubious fitness records.

I suppose the obvious one who could do a job centrally, although with limited success, is Reach. Could anyone step forward from the back? Palmer, he’s played there before, as has Baker I believe. 

Iorfa maybe?

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Personally dont think Baker is Championship standard , Palmer, van Aken and Iorfa could all POSSIBLY play there, but the biggest disappointment for me on Sunday was seeing Sam Winnal forced into playing midfield.

It was only a friendly so i think we would have been much better served giving one of our young uns (Hunt,Kirby,Grant etc) half a game to see how they fared.

3 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Personally dont think Baker is Championship standard , Palmer, van Aken and Iorfa could all POSSIBLY play there, but the biggest disappointment for me on Sunday was seeing Sam Winnal forced into playing midfield.

It was only a friendly so i think we would have been much better served giving one of our young uns (Hunt,Kirby,Grant etc) half a game to see how they fared.

Yes agreed, and there is nothing in Winnall’s “skill” set, to suggest he would ever be comfortable in midfield

7 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

My biggest disappointment was seeing Winnall at all, if we are gonna sell anyone, it should be him.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

My biggest disappointment was seeing Winnall at all, if we are gonna sell anyone, it should be him.

I agree. He's 6th choice out of 6. Dudes gotta go - and he should be busting a gut to leave. Lost a year through injury. 28, in his prime. Should be playing somewhere. Not gonna happen here. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I agree. He's 6th choice out of 6. Dudes gotta go - and he should be busting a gut to leave. Lost a year through injury. 28, in his prime. Should be playing somewhere. Not gonna happen here. 

Honestly, even in my most manic, positive moods I still can't find anything Winnall brings to the team. Everyone says sell Joao but at least he 3 out of 10 times can win us a game, Winnall, well, sometimes I forget he's a footballer

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Honestly, even in my most manic, positive moods I still can't find anything Winnall brings to the team. Everyone says sell Joao but at least he 3 out of 10 times can win us a game, Winnall, well, sometimes I forget he's a footballer

He lacks in every department. Winnall grafts, but he's no Fletcher. He's mobile, but no athlete like Joao. He's not creative like Forestieri. Can finish, but not as clinical as Rhodes or Hooper was. He doesn't really offer something out of the ordinary like Nuhiu either.