Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

9 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

One rumour I was told last week is that the reason we haven’t announced Borner and Ojubado , although both have signed, is that we are under a soft embargo until the end of June.

Why things will change at the end of June I have no idea and whether it is any better than any other rumour who knows......

Wonder if that’s something to do with contracts expiring? Jones and Abdicate should save 40 million a week. Or maybe we are in the umbongo until the ground sale money is actually transferred. EFL playing slight hard ball until the deals are actually done?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

One rumour I was told last week is that the reason we haven’t announced Borner and Ojubado , although both have signed, is that we are under a soft embargo until the end of June.

Why things will change at the end of June I have no idea and whether it is any better than any other rumour who knows......

Only thing I can think of is the released players contracts officially end.

It's been said many times in this thread already, but once again;

Their contracts don't end with their current clubs until June 30th, so won't be announced until their contracts officially start with us, more than likely July 1st. 

25 minutes ago, Minton said:

Their contracts don't end with their current clubs until June 30th, so won't be announced until their contracts officially start with us, more than likely July 1st. 

Plus as others have said we're still paying Abdi, Jones, Hooper, Matias etc until the end of June.

Edited by mogbad

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Soft embargo doesn’t mean one in and one out. It’s quite fluid and different for different clubs depending on what their accounts say. Ours seems more of a holding position as we haven’t shown our hand financially and as long as the EFL are ok with what our plan is then we will not be embargoed. It would only be one in and one out if they were still unhappy and needed a constant review which is more akin to a full embargo to be fair which sets a wage restriction and requires outgoings too.

well said and the clearest explanation of it I've seen, it also goes along with what the Star are now saying about simply waiting for the accounts to be ok'd and the ground sale being in the accounts

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-in-discussions-with-the-english-football-league-over-lifting-soft-transfer-embargo-176124

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Reports suggest we are only under a soft embargo as accounts have not been submitted yet. Didn't we change our accounting period date to July?

With the players were being linked with, clearly money to spend and sure DC has some accounting wizardry up his sleeve to get the ball rolling in time for pre season.

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

well said and the clearest explanation of it I've seen, it also goes along with what the Star are now saying about simply waiting for the accounts to be ok'd and the ground sale being in the accounts

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-in-discussions-with-the-english-football-league-over-lifting-soft-transfer-embargo-176124

Gas mark 4, bottom shelf. Should be ready by 30th June.

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Minton said:

As have been said in reply many times.

We can announce them now, their contract doesn't start until July 1st whether we announce they're ours today or on that day itself.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

Jake Bidwell is the next signing for us, not sure how it works with the embargo like but I've been told he's signing.

We're putting together an unregistered XI. Gonna be the best team in the land that won't be able to play. 

47 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

As have been said in reply many times.

We can announce them now, their contract doesn't start until July 1st whether we announce they're ours today or on that day itself.

That's what other clubs do and have done already this summer 

Guest wilyfox

I'm sure any done deals will be confirmed before the start of pre-season, which begins next week does it? 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Begins after Owls in the Park I think?

Does it? I wasn't sure. Used to be start of July, but with start of season creeping forward many teams have been in last week of June recent years. 

Sheffield Wednesday boss Steve Bruce is keen on a move for Wigan Athletic centre-back Chey Dunkley, a source close to the player has exclusively confirmed to Football League World.

The 27-year-old centre-back has emerged as one of the Latics’ most prized assets, after an impressive few years at the DW Stadium since joining from Oxford United on a free in 2017.