Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Last 2 seasons suggest we'll start playing in March, when contracts want renewing and 80% of Championship teams have given up. 

The Championship is usually structured such that more than 80% still have something to play for well into April. Last season, every club down to about twelfth were still in with a shout of the play-offs until the last few games. 

Although I’m relatively happy with most of the players we’ve been strongly linked with, Borner, Odubajo and Harris, I’m a bit concerned as to how we are going to improve our goal returns. Both Odubajo and Harris, who could both be operating in a wide role, hardly ever score. Harris has a career average of a goal every 19 games, and Odubajo’s is even worse. If we operate a 4-3-3, or some variation of that, one of them will probably be in the front three. With a non prolific centre forward, we could be seriously short of goals next season. Compare our likely front three,  to the one he had at Villa, Abraham, Kodija and Snodgrass, and the difference is about 30 goals.

Edited by gurujuan

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Although I’m relatively happy with most of the players we’ve been strongly linked with, Borner, Odubajo and Harris, I’m a bit concerned as to how we are going to improve our goal returns. Both Odubajo and Harris, who could both be operating in a wide role, hardly ever score. Harris has a career average of a goal every 19 games, and Odubajo’s is even worse. If we operate a 4-3-3, or some variation of that, one of them will probably be in the front three. With a non prolific centre forward, we could be seriously short of goals next season. Compare our likely front three,  to the one he had at Villa, Abraham, Kodija and Snodgrass, and the difference is about 30 goals.

Yr a glass half empty man aren't you guru :biggrin:

Maybe will sign a midfielder who can score goals.

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yr a glass half empty man aren't you guru :biggrin:

Maybe will sign a midfielder who can score goals.

Villa had that in Hourihane, we still have to find a lot more goals from all areas. My point is, if your lone striker is not a regular scorer, and your wide players don’t contribute, lack of goals will be an issue

Edited by gurujuan

29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It's not just about being an able/good goal scorer. 

It's about the chances created.

I know people don't like this, but look at united, their strikeforce have never done it in that league before but they scored loads because they created chance after chance after chance, because they went for it, most of their goals were just normal run of the mill goals. 

On the other side we just played it across the back.

We must have had the best record in any division last season for "Worldies", if we hadn't we would have had a very serious chance of going down. 

That is why we didn't have anybody scoring loads, it's mostly down to the system/tactics. 

6 hours ago, jomaco said:

wonder which club has the most massive transfer rumours thread?

Probably one of the elite mega rich top Premier League clubs or elite European clubs? Ours generally tends to be about other clubs transfers or descends into debates about FFP/P&S, tactics or more importantly favourite sauces and other equally significant things :ph34r:

Guest wilyfox
49 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Villa had that in Hourihane, we still have to find a lot more goals from all areas. My point is, if your lone striker is not a regular scorer, and your wide players don’t contribute, lack of goals will be an issue

Exactly the type of mid I feel we need, that's why I got excited by links with Vaulks and Turnbull. Sounds like we've missed out on both, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

This is Rhodes' year. 30+ goals

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

3-5-1 I think

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

Probably one of the elite mega rich top Premier League clubs or elite European clubs? Ours generally tends to be about other clubs transfers or descends into debates about FFP/P&S, tactics or more importantly favourite sauces and other equally significant things :ph34r:

I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the way Owlstalk threads go off topic into the weird areas. You never know what is coming next.

I doubt any other group of people could come up with such interestingly irreverent, strangely insane discussions as happen on here.

Long may it continue.

42 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Can I have some of whatever you are on please

Fresh air and council pop will do it for you .

One you pay water rates for the other you can get at the top of Kinder if its windy.:cool:

FFS