So then....Bruce is coming in this week but....

With Feb 1st being his official start date, is he just going to turn up Friday and pick the team for Saturday? I know he'll have spoke to S.A & S.C and seen some of the games.

Or does anyone think he'll be on the training ground with the players this week? 

1 minute ago, LiamAP22D said:

With Feb 1st being his official start date, is he just going to turn up Friday and pick the team for Saturday? I know he'll have spoke to S.A & S.C and seen some of the games.

Or does anyone think he'll be on the training ground with the players this week? 

I heard somewhere (can’t remember where) that he was in Sheffield today although if that were the case I’m sure we’d have heard something about it by now.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Would imagine he would be in and around the club this week if he is back. 

1st Feb start date just easier then saying he is starting on the 30th January for example.

This is how I see it too, Bruce said he is flying back to UK today. So maybe start at the club on Wednesday. 

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Would imagine he would be in and around the club this week if he is back. 

1st Feb start date just easier then saying he is starting on the 30th January for example.

Why? I know i wouldn't turn up to a job before my start date.. before they were paying my wages.

Agnew might have asked Bruce a few things on the phone, but I don't imagine Bruce has done a minutes actual work yet and wont till Friday.

I'm expecting him to let Agnew continue against Ipswich and Reading will be his first game.

25 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

This is how I see it too, Bruce said he is flying back to UK today. So maybe start at the club on Wednesday. 

Agree, holidays finished, so can't see him sat at home with a game to prepare for and the last few days of the transfer window open. 

58 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

Apparently he has arranged two batting practice sessions for Friday morning before they head off to Ipswich.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Why? I know i wouldn't turn up to a job before my start date.. before they were paying my wages.

Agnew might have asked Bruce a few things on the phone, but I don't imagine Bruce has done a minutes actual work yet and wont till Friday.

I'm expecting him to let Agnew continue against Ipswich and Reading will be his first game.

Bit different being a football manger though isn't it. It's 24/7. I would imagine he would want to get started as soon as he can.

Edited by pazowl55

2 hours ago, LiamAP22D said:

He's there today involved all week

20 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He's got to fill in all the starting forms first, so will start properly Monday.

Probably got to sit through the new starter induction videos. Then his standard medical and drug test, before discussing and selecting his pension contributions and Union application. 

• Haha 1