Willian

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Some Chelsea fans really don't rate him...which I find absolutely mental, but then I suppose everything is relative. 

Needless to say, he's far too good to be facing a side of our quality. 

It's always an absolute with those sorts of clubs though isn't it. My mate is a season ticket holder at Old Trafford and frequently tells me that many of their internationals are "f***ing s**t".

And to think some of our fans have unrealistic expectations. I wish our players were as f***ing s**t as theirs. 

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

It's always an absolute with those sorts of clubs though isn't it. My mate is a season ticket holder at Old Trafford and frequently tells me that many of their internationals are "f***ing s**t".

And to think some of our fans have unrealistic expectations. I wish our players were as f***ing s**t as theirs. 

TBF. Smalling and Jones are

I understand what you're saying.

Sometimes when I'm watching football at all professional levels, I remind myself how far I got in the game despite being qute good, and how far away I was.

Every fan and pundit (journo) should think about this

1 hour ago, edmontonowl said:

I understand what you're saying.

Sometimes when I'm watching football at all professional levels, I remind myself how far I got in the game despite being qute good, and how far away I was.

Every fan and pundit (journo) should think about this

Yeah, to be fair, we're probably guilty about saying it about out own players on occasions whilst clubs a couple of divisions below us wish they had them there. All relative as SiJ said really. 

5 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Some Wednesday fans actually saying we got the tactics wrong...then you look at players such as Willian and realise we got nothing wrong!!! We just came up against some very good players. 

I agree, but when you are playing a team who you know are better than you and you know have better individual players isn't it normally the idea to outwork em, give a kick here and there, make them rush and hope for mistakes?

Apart from very early in the game there wasn't much of this, the second half we just let them play it across the back with very little if any pressing the ball until they decided to speed it up and attack us. 

I know they're a class above us and doing this might have played into their hands and ended in a heavier defeat but (long shot i know) it was also the only way we were going to get any kind of result, especially once they were in front sitting back and letting them have space and time just made the game much easier for them they didn't even have to get out of 1st gear, just coasted through the game and basically when they decided to up the tempo scored more or less at will.

There's obviously a massive difference in class between the sides but I still think we made it easier for them than we could have done. Willian did look fantastic though.

Anyway WTID.

Edited by OWL1969

13 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Some Wednesday fans actually saying we got the tactics wrong...then you look at players such as Willian and realise we got nothing wrong!!! We just came up against some very good players. 

Willian is class. Imagine him 1:1 every time with Fox and Palmer if we’d have ‘gone for it’ and played Forestieri and Joao

When the team sheets came out you knew he’d cause us the most damage. 

He’s worth about £70m+ in today’s market (even at about 30 years old) and a BRAZIL international. 

I remember that he almost went to Spurs before deciding on Chelsea. 

Top notch player. 

£30m worth of top class International quality attacker. Taking on a born and bred Wednesday fan come through our academy. 

I thought Palmer did exceptionally well all things considered. There are more expensive full backs than he who will get torn apart by the Brazilian. 

56 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

Willian is class. Imagine him 1:1 every time with Fox and Palmer if we’d have ‘gone for it’ and played Forestieri and Joao

Exactly...it could have been much worse.

Every team outside the PL would have set up very similar to us yesterday. I don’t agree with 1 up top but you’ve also got to keep in your mind, the fact we needed to stay in the game as long as possible.