Willian

10 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Exactly...it could have been much worse.

Every team outside the PL would have set up very similar to us yesterday. I don’t agree with 1 up top but you’ve also got to keep in your mind, the fact we needed to stay in the game as long as possible. 

As would half the teams in it.

I've just looked at the stats for some of their recent home league games and the likes of Southampton and Leicester had similarly low possession and lack of attacking intent as we did yesterday - although they actually came away with points.

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

He could do a job for any team in the world. How good are top international footballers if he can't get in the Brazil side? A pleasure to watch. Fast as f.ook with total ball control & skill. 

Very true was a pleasure to see a player who surely is destined to become a top-class player.  

Wednesday stuck to it but the difference in class was cruelly exposed and that's not knocking Wednesday.  Looking forward to two or three seasons time when we have such players. :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

As would half the teams in it.

I've just looked at the stats for some of their recent home league games and the likes of Southampton and Leicester had similarly low possession and lack of attacking intent as we did yesterday - although they actually came away with points.

Exactly...PL teams just have that but if extra quality to nick a goal. 

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Exactly...PL teams just have that but if extra quality to nick a goal. 

Yep, plus having millions of quid worth of defenders helps their gameplan as well (Leicester have 2 England defenders in their back 4). I think only 3 of our XI yesterday even cost a fee, Reach Pelupessy and Fox (and maybe Lees was a small nominal fee as well but he was practically free).

1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

He is some player.

But the thing I noticed most from watching all their players in the flesh is the quality of first touch.  Any player, even the centre halves, can kill any ball knocked towards them stone dead and start moving forward with it in a mili-second. 

This is so true. 

Half of our lot couldn't trap a bag of cement last night. 

It's a speed of thought too. These top Prem players are 2, 3 steps ahead.