Chairman’s statement

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Relegation meaning current situation, which is what I’ve gathered. He didn’t buy the club with the remit of keeping us up did he, that’s just been the last 12 months 

If I told you 18 months ago.

That in January 2019 the Chairmans aim was to stay in the Chsmpionship.

Its just about inevitable the club will go into a second embargo.

Ill advised membership scheme will be put forward to plug a hole in the finances.

Multi year season tickets already sold to plug the hole.

You would have said Chansiri would never let that happen.

It’s bloody annoying how DC said if he charges high prices for tickets etc that would allow us to bring quality players in. We now find ourselves in a position where the fans are still being charged ridiculously high tickets prices but we are going to have to sell our best players and replace with much cheaper probably lesser quality players and on top of that he wants us to help him out and buy in to the 1867 thing. His heart may be in the right place but he comes across as a terrible business man. 

So just when he starts to make some good decisions (sacking Jos and bringing in exactly the type of manager most of us have been screaming for) he comes out with this utter nonsense statement. 

Ffs

Edited by poite

There's some right nanas on here ...tho I'd definitely stop short of topp calling everyone hysterical idiots.

But then again..he does condone a modified 1867 plan.... FFS.

Anybody who's lived a bit and followed the Wednesday for a bit will appreciate that the owner is well intentioned..but utterly clueless when it comes to running a football club....if he's so bone headed and stubborn to not hear a consensus ( including Owlstalk) that he needs advice from the RIGHT people...then he will fail and the devil must take the hindmost.

The club will go on .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Much the same as we have had for nigh on 2 decades fresh mate...We simply pay more for it now...

I don't want him to pack in, I simply wish he would tell it like it is and surely wise up a bit...

Who actually doubts his intentions?...Not many....but don't p*ss down me back and tell me its raining...Ive seen it all before..

If Chansiri told it like it was and asked the fans to back it...They would, but its been smoke and mirrors, its been the questionnaire, its been the statements that "Matchday revenue adds little"...All total rubbish.

I don't think he is deliberately lying, I think he's trying to find an excuse for every situation...He doesn't need one...We all went for it, it went T8ts..His fault..our fault..whoevers...?

But he was "Initially trying to avoid relegation"..While "Trying to get us in the Prem for the 150th anniversary"???????....Its patently nonsensical..and it simply cannot be truthful can it?

he could get more people on side with  a proper statement edited for coherence and accuracy 

stating he's aware he made serious errors of judgement with

A) Not researching the locale and its economy

B) employing advisers ( still not learnt that one)

C) Pricing of everything

D) admit he went all in (and damn the consequences )  we just failed twice and now admit we all have to take the medicine for a few years 

but not ramble on contradicting almost everything he's said before in a woe is me pour us another one sort of way

At this point I thought we had to sell several players to avoid P&S penalty which could be points  but instead we've taken on an good but absent manager on allegedly 40k a week who will no doubt want to improve the squad.  

The only thing that squares this circle is that he's gambling yet again with our league position and  hoping we are sufficiently clear of relegation when we submit accounts and the sh*t hits the fan 

11 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

There's some right nanas on here ...tho I'd definitely stop short of topp calling everyone hysterical idiots.

But then again..he does condone a modified 1867 plan.... FFS.

Anybody who's lived a bit and followed the Wednesday for a bit will appreciate that the owner is well intentioned..but utterly clueless when it comes to running a football club....if he's so bone headed and stubborn to not hear a consensus ( including Owlstalk) that he needs advice from the RIGHT people...then he will fail and the devil must take the hindmost.

The club will go on .

So much truth in this. 

6 hours ago, toppOwl said:

£500,000 so the club doesn't have to pay any staff, all the food and beer they get is free etc etc. Mandaric was selling these boxes at £25k and was making a loss. I hope you never attempt to run the local business you work for.

You’ve seen the figures for this and have concrete proof for this bullsh1t you’re spouting right?  

Guest Bulgaria

By saying he spent all that Dosh just to keep us in the championship loses any credibility he had 

Pure nonsense.

I have absolutely no doubt he is a sound bloke who has tried his best, but come on....he has made a complete hash of it.

I think when DC talks of avoiding relegation, he doesn't mean that promotion wasn't a goal, but simply that avoiding relegation was the first priority and that investing in the team wasn't a luxury with the aim of going up, but a necessity with the aim of avoiding relegation.

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

By saying he spent all that Dosh just to keep us in the championship loses any credibility he had 

Pure nonsense.

I have absolutely no doubt he is a sound bloke who has tried his best, but come on....he has made a complete hash of it.

Its desperately looking for an "Acheivement" no other way around it...

It started out as an aim for Prem football in 2 years....nearly,............. hard lines DC , ..........we appreciate it...but sadly DC thinks thats somehow not a featherr in his cap, but a piece of crap on his shoes...So he says...

"Actually I kept us up despite all ..."

Absolute flummery...and if he thinks fans swallow that, he is honestly deluded

4 hours ago, toppOwl said:

It won't make £300k, what about running costs, staff etc etc. The club will have looked into this and the profit is probably not worth the hassle. Selling corporate boxes won't solve our problems, end of.

But having them empty will be much better. 

Ffs.   

:duntmatter:

28 minutes ago, poite said:

So just when he starts to make some good decisions (sacking Jos and bringing in exactly the type of manager most of us have been screaming for) he comes out with this utter nonsense statement. 

Ffs

Yep just bizarre.

He seemed to have rescued the desperate situation after the fans forum and got most of us back on side then comes out with a totally unnecessary Chairman’s Statement that reverses the feel good factor that, bar Hull, had crept back in 

I've been accused of being a clapper a million times on here for backing the Chairman on various things in the past.  But this statement is just nuts.  

"I've spent all the family savings so now you need to go out and earn some more" is what I take from that.  Yes most of the family savings was his, but ultimately he was the one spending it, not us.  I've coughed up for 2 three year season tickets, merchandise, cup tickets, as much as I could.  I'd have loved to have done the club 1867 thing but it just wasn't an option.  At no point have I signed a player, or extended a contract, or agreed a wage package.  No I've turned up, cheered the team and mostly kept shtum.  

To then read a lengthy diatribe like that, which is clearly putting the fiscal responsibility of the club squarely back at the door of the fanbase is frankly a kick in the balls!

He has no plan, no idea and worst of all no inclination to seek help.  It appears to me that Katrien Meir has the knowledge and wherewithal to be able to steady the ship, but is currently being locked below decks in the mess!

Why can he not see that the only way to plug the assumed £15m hole we supposedly have is to sell players and cut the wage budget?  He can't rely on 15000 fans to each stump up £1000, it's just never going to happen.  He'll do amazingly well to get that many season tickets sold for next season if the prices I'm assuming will soon be announced are as mad and inflated as everything else around the club seems to be going.

You Mr Chairman, and only you have the key to the success of this club in your hands.  We as fans are merely the most loyal customers you could possibly ask for.  You have to invest your and our money correctly to make the club work, we can't do it for you!

• Thanks 1

Just not bothered...

As the guy on Wednesday week said, this is why dictatorships don’t work. Fundamentally you are relying on one person to act rationally and to make good decisions and when that stops it all goes boobies up. 

DC needs to show some humility, step away from the club like Vincent Tan did and allow dynamic management team to take over the day to day running. 

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Its desperately looking for an "Acheivement" no other way around it...

It started out as an aim for Prem football in 2 years....nearly,............. hard lines DC , ..........we appreciate it...but sadly DC thinks thats somehow not a featherr in his cap, but a piece of crap on his shoes...So he says...

"Actually I kept us up despite all ..."

Absolute flummery...and if he thinks fans swallow that, he is honestly deluded

Indeed.

He had a go, we all rode the wave, we missed out. 

After the suprise of getting to the playoff final, D.C obviously thought getting promotion the following year would be a piece of cake, so he chucked his money around on players we didn't require ( he was ill advised) as he thought we would walk it.

It didn't happen.

Unfortunately, as the gaffer he has to suck it up. 

As fans , we are rather forgiving, we get that he tried, we appreciate it, we really do, BUT as fans we have done our part, bought season tickets, paid POTG at absurd prices and supported the team. We have done our bit.

To try and squeeze more out of us and to try and absolve yourself from this mess is only going to create more angst.

If he came out and said

,"Boys and girls, I've tried me best, but I fuuucked up... Give me some time to try and sort it out, be paitent with me"

Most if not all would be ok with that.

5 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

You have to admit DC just doesn't get the fans at all. He also throws more curved balls than anybody Iv'e ever known, talk about changing the goal posts at the drop of a hat.

Its a pity somebody didn't give him some advice before issuing this silly statement.

HE WON’T TAKE ADVICE!