Chairman’s statement

4 hours ago, toppOwl said:

It won't make £300k, what about running costs, staff etc etc. The club will have looked into this and the profit is probably not worth the hassle. Selling corporate boxes won't solve our problems, end of.

The box's are already set up with table and chairs. They just need plates, cutlery and the lights switching. Each box has a very young waiter/waitress to serve them who is on the minimum wage. The food is bought wholesale and mass produced. There are no more overheads, its a very simple thing to set up. The club also make a heavy mark up on drinks prices which are additional to the cost of the box. The point is if you sell the 30 box's at lets say 25k (thats about 60% less than what DC wants for them) thats an income of 750k with further spin offs from good business people.

3 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

The box's are already set up with table and chairs. They just need plates, cutlery and the lights switching. Each box has a very young waiter/waitress to serve them who is on the minimum wage. The food is bought wholesale and mass produced. There are no more overheads, its a very simple thing to set up. The club also make a heavy mark up on drinks prices which are additional to the cost of the box. The point is if you sell the 30 box's at lets say 25k (thats about 60% less than what DC wants for them) thats an income of 750k with further spin offs from good business people.

There's a specific thread about this.. but I'm useless at finding them.

My small part was pointing out exactly how you can make a profit in this kind of setup.

21 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

A reported 2 million a year for Bruce’s wages yet we haven’t got a pot to pi$$ in. It just doesn’t make sense. 

Certainly an enormous gamble on an ageing manager on £2M pa,  and his two backroom boys,  being brought in ( we already have a departed manager to pay off and have recruited a CEO as well)  when when get a statement of poverty and implied selling of players.

Also takes us back in our minds to the squandering of money on over the hill recruits on big wages and our ignorance about who was responsible. Not healthy to have an organisation where nobody is taking responsibility for identifying the so called talent and deciding on their wages. 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

There's a specific thread about this.. but I'm useless at finding them.

My small part was pointing out exactly how you can make a profit in this kind of setup.

Yes I know but some fans still don't get the fact that DC is pulling the wool over their eyes by saying the box's were making a loss before he came in.

2 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

If we had won the play off final all would have been rosy.

Agree. But it was after that that the club started spending money on ageing or partly crocked players on bigger wages, ruining the team spirit, and it did not finish with Rhodes, who incidentally had hardly scored double figure goals in two previous years, but went on to Jones and then Boyd. The club has needed management, badly, and now it's pretty well ruined for the next few years.

2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Thats my point. I think its called arrogance and look where its got us.

The only advice he does seem to listen to comes from the con men at Doyen.

How can you call them "con men"? If we got promoted in the first season, you would be calling them heroes! Carlos the clown, would be "Carlos the Great", and Cake Ball would have been demanded at every child's party from Killamarsh to Hoyland!

Oh, what could have been!

:Chansiri:

7 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

There's more people that's looked at this thread that could get into Hillsborough for a game.

lol

Not so loud mate! If SYP get wind they'll be shutting this down. Might be a good thing for my productivity, mind.

lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

How can you call them "con men"? If we got promoted in the first season, you would be calling them heroes! Carlos the clown, would be "Carlos the Great", and Cake Ball would have been demanded at every child's party from Killamarsh to Hoyland!

Oh, what could have been!

:Chansiri:

Give over. The only thing theyv'e been concerned about is lining their own pockets. 

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Well done for putting it out there Mr C.

ps - I have no idea what points he is trying to make. Effective communications are short, unambiguous, and address clear objectives. This is just a rambling monologue.

Think it was done in retaliation to Beilsa's rambling press conference. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

When's early bird for new ST's start? Just carry on regardless. We really have no influence on what happens. I don't understand the statement. I can't even be bothered to try.

Your dream punter Mr C. :biggrin:

UTO FTB.

I’ve no idea what he’s rambling on about either. Think he’s had a few shandies.

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Think it was done in retaliation to Beilsa's rambling press conference. :ph34r:

I haven’t seen Bielsa’s press conference but gave you a LOL anyway Hooky. lol

Been busy these last few evenings reading about Disclosure, our need to fight aliens in outer space with advanced technology that can traverse galaxies, and that we’ve had for years, and Trump’s pending indictment of 60,000 Shadow Government operatives who are in bed with the lizard aliens including the Clintons

All fascinating stuff.

I think Neil needs to up his game with this site to compete.

garymegson

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Give over. The only thing theyv'e been concerned about is lining their own pockets. 

They're not con men.... they're (largely) millionaires that want to play games and rub shoulders with their like.

That's why the interface with the supporters is usually horrendous.

I think the owner has done his best to keep communication lines open... but he's bellowing across the vacuum of space.

The international language of money breaks down when you're scraping for a season ticket... there's a massive disconnect.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Without going to find the thread, unless your a moron, there is a decent profit on any box being sold at £20/25k per season. 

You won't get your point over by calling fellow fans morons.

Edited by Costello 77
Brainfart
  • Haha 1