Chairman’s statement

Just now, steelowl said:

aren't you slightly interested in ?

A) the weird timing 

B) the fact that is so contradictory to  other 'statements'

C) it sounds like some drunk talking to a barmaid 

D)  the reason for it  because there's appears no decision unveiled

Most of the stuff in last nights statement was in an article for 442 magazine, I think a lot of what is said is for the powers that be, re spending to avoid relegation etc...

I'm really surprised that statement has got such a generally positive reaction. It's rambling and incoherent, and some of it is shall we say factually dubious (we spent all that money we couldn't afford on Jordan Rhodes in Jan to stave off relegation did we??)

I respect his emotional attachment and financial commitment but he has been incredibly naive and was massively irresponsible in overspending so badly. The club is in a mess as a direct result of his decisions, no one else. Carlos wanted Rhodes? Tell him no. The fans wanted Rhodes? Just tell us that buying him guarantees a transfer embargo if we don't go up. 

As for Club 1867 we'll have to see what this revamp actually entails, but how much can he possibly hope to raise? I don't know many fans who can afford (or want to) to shell out chunky money for essentially... nothing. It's not the fans job to bail the club out of financial mismanagement.

All DC had to do when he pitched up was:

1. Do some basic maths based on say 25k average attendance

2. Assume 7th place finish at best

3. Set a budget ensuring we don't wee wee tail up P&S rules (i.e. max average loss of £13M/year)

4. Get a good manager with contacts who can spot a player (by far the hardest bit but actually, Bruce fits the bill here!)

5. Be prepared to sell a player or two where we can make a huge profit

Am I missing something? 

The only viable solution to the problem DC created is basically to sell Adam Reach for £10m+ by the end of this month...

It was just all very avoidable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shtommer said:

I'm really surprised that statement has got such a generally positive reaction. It's rambling and incoherent, and some of it is shall we say factually dubious (we spent all that money we couldn't afford on Jordan Rhodes in Jan to stave off relegation did we??)

I respect his emotional attachment and financial commitment but he has been incredibly naive and was massively irresponsible in overspending so badly. The club is in a mess as a direct result of his decisions, no one else. Carlos wanted Rhodes? Tell him no. The fans wanted Rhodes? Just tell us that buying him guarantees a transfer embargo if we don't go up. 

As for Club 1867 we'll have to see what this revamp actually entails, but how much can he possibly hope to raise? I don't know many fans who can afford (or want to) to shell out chunky money for essentially... nothing. It's not the fans job to bail the club out of financial mismanagement.

All DC had to do when he pitched up was:

1. Do some basic maths based on say 25k average attendance

2. Assume 7th place finish at best

3. Set a budget ensuring we don't wee wee tail up P&S rules (i.e. max average loss of £13M/year)

4. Get a good manager with contacts who can spot a player (by far the hardest bit but actually, Bruce fits the bill here!)

5. Be prepared to sell a player or two where we can make a huge profit

Am I missing something? 

The only viable solution to the problem DC created is basically to sell Adam Reach for £10m+ by the end of this month...

It was just all very avoidable. 

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

If we had won the play off final all would have been rosy.

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If it was something you were really interested in then I am surprised you weren't aware that the prices have been reduced since that debacle. I am in no position to buy a box for a season but knew that the prices had been reduced. 

We got details before the start of the season the price quoted were too expensive so we went elsewhere, not a fan thing a business thing. RUFC was better located near to the M1 for visiting customer/suppliers and what was on offer for the price was better.

Had my business been quoted £27,500 instead of £48,000 maybe the outcome would have been different.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We got details before the start of the season the price quoted were too expensive so we went elsewhere, not a fan thing a business thing. RUFC was better located near to the M1 for visiting customer/suppliers and what was on offer for the price was better.

Had my business been quoted £27,500 instead of £48,000 maybe the outcome would have been different.

The climb down has come too late for many who prob wont  invest any money into the club whilst the regime that tore up contracts and insulted corporate sponsors is still here 

12 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

Just for balance and not sure if mentioned already but a fair amount of our overpriced boxes are "sold out" each home game. If you catch my drift. 

:Chansiri:

Not as daft as he seems. Still waiting for my D-Taxi home from new years eve tho. 

Like I said.....

If our chairman is doing his best to be a bit tricky in a tricky system for the club's ultimate benefit then folk pointing out the trickiness just to have a pop perhaps need to take a breath, have a little think and wind their fuckingnecks in.

We've won nowt, done nowt but we weren't far off at all to say he knew fuckall and there are others who got nowhere near in bigger trouble than us.

All relative.

30 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Indeed, he has made plenty of mistakes but I think the majority have been made with the best intentions and there have been and are far worse Chairmen in the football league, some need to be careful what they wish for in that respect.

Totally agree and owe you an apology re. Lampard.

You single?

It’s a ridiculous statement if you ask me.

For one minute I don’t question that he cares deeply about the club and he has worked tirelessly to try and sort out P and S. But he still fails to acknowledge his mistakes.

He didn’t buy the club to get promoted? Yeah right. When he came in he said Premier League in 2 years was the aim. In 2016 he spent millions on players with good experience and proven ability. 

Leeds are getting a lot of stick for cheating. To me it seems our chairman just sits in his office trying to work out how to get around the rules too. We are in the poo Mr Chansiri, lets start again and do it right, we will be all behind you.

10 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

If we had won the play off final all would have been rosy.

Why would all have been rosy?

Yes would have been at the time but what makes you think with what we have seen in the last 2.1/2 years things would have been rosy now in Jan 2019?

3 hours ago, striker said:

Agree, the Kebano link has Bruce's fingerprints all over it. Not taken them long to work out we need some pace.

I have just seen that Nixon knows nothing about this and said not looking for anybody in this position. When told local journalist had exclusive sounded mardy. Nixon gets his info from agents and in particular has someone connected to Doyen group. With him not knowing suggests gone a different route. He normally indicates when Bruce is using own sources but with him being away probably unable to check. I am delighted this proves we are moving away and you were correct when making statement about fingerprints all over it.

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Nobody in their right mind invests multiple millions without having a long look at the bottom line.

Although that might have been what just happened. 

I suggested back in the summer that we needed a long term strategy,  investing in infrastructure,  do SWOT analysis etc.  I was told that of course they would have done all that and I was naive. 

Nothing that has happened since has convinced me that anyone has or is doing those things.  It feels like we are freewheeling and DC etc are making it up as they go along. 

Edited by Rev Owl

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Totally agree and owe you an apology re. Lampard.

You single?

In what respect? I've slept since then!

Sadly.............I mean happily not - marital bliss!