Chairman’s statement

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

You're very right and very wrong here.

Where you're very wrong imo..is that the world loves a trier.

If he could be seen to be trying very hard to maximize income... we'd be on board.

But he's doing the opposite. If ... for instance he was selling players to balance the books..we'd say..reyt..we can see where you're coming from.

But he hasn't..has he?

If he was selling corporate and getting little feedback or profit .. we'd understand..... but he's doing neither.

He's a decent person with lots of money.. but he's wasted on something he simply doesn't understand.

TBF he's not the first and he won't be the last... I'm sure.

Fair response that.

I do think he is beginning to make positive changes and yes should have happened 18 months ago, but we either back or what exactly? I for one am fed up with the season up until Jos went and all the negativity. Just want to get back to a fresh start with Bruce and see where we get to.

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

So paxo is a lone wolf totally divorced from doyen?

No wonder you sat there telling the owner that 1867 just needed tweaks.

Don't know anything about him other than that he's employed by SWFC as an advisor, thats it.

For the record I said 1867 needed tweaks on its initial inception (a lower entry price) I didn't request its resurrection but until we see what form it takes we can't comment fully, the problem is its now being sold in choppier waters.

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

Fair response that.

I do think he is beginning to make positive changes and yes should have happened 18 months ago, but we either back or what exactly? I for one am fed up with the season up until Jos went and all the negativity. Just want to get back to a fresh start with Bruce and see where we get to.

The negativity from the fans is justified.

He's lucky to have the support he's had.

Yes....UTO.

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Don't know anything about him other than that he's employed by SWFC as an advisor, thats it.

For the record I said 1867 needed tweaks on its initial inception (a lower entry price) I didn't request its resurrection but until we see what form it takes we can't comment fully, the problem is its now being sold in choppier waters.

That's fair enough. Completely.

I'll be honest with you..apart from anything else... I've got a complete downer on you for rubbishing fellow supporters/fans.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

That's fair enough. Completely.

I'll be honest with you..apart from anything else... I've got a complete downer on you for rubbishing fellow supporters/fans.

I rubbish fans that quote newspaper reports and speculation as fact and base their whole argument on it, do a bit of research and the truth is out there, no one really knows for a fact what any player earns yet figures are regularly bandied about, DC has said publicly that KW is on £25k and Nuhiu before he signed a new contact was on £11k.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

I rubbish fans that quote newspaper reports and speculation as fact and base their whole argument on it, do a bit of research and the truth is out there, no one really knows for a fact what any player earns yet figures are regularly bandied about, DC has said publicly that KW is on £25k and Nuhiu before he signed a new contact was on £11k.

You had your chance....hoisted by your own petard.

Guest Willow Owl
8 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

He's just understandbly a bit paranoid I think after being taken in bigtime before by a previous poster.

Don't take it personally.

Can't leave me hanging like this sonofbert2.:rolleyes:

Who was the poster 

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Ok you really want to make yourself look silly again???

ok let’s talk figures and not made up ones, apparently the boxes are now £27,500 again not £48k

we havent had more than 25 games per season but let’s top end it with a cup run  and home ties so 27 games 

that’s £1018per game the maximum usage for each box is 10 not 12 but I see why your trying to manipulate to suit your figures , never in the history of football at our club will a box be full every game for 10 people but let’s do it for arguments sake that’s £101.85 per head per game. 

Now what tney get for that 

programe and team sheet £4 per head???

half time tea/coffee  £2 per head max

a tv in the room  ( now let’s be generous and say tv needs replacing every 2 years at a cost of £700 to buy £1.29 per person per game 

electric per game for lights and tv £50 pence per head per game if it’s the highest tariffs the world has ever seen

4 parking spaces £3 per space 12 per game so £1.20 per head per game

now let’s say they have one staff member waiting on each box, £10 per hour let’s be generous for 8 hours again let’s be generous £80 per game divide by 30 heads = £2.66 per head 

totals up to £11.65 per head in costs making £90.20 per head profit x 10 heDs = £902 profit per box per game x 27 = £24354

Now food and drink are all additional packages or adhoc and will make additional revenue if and when we sell these boxes and the cheapest 5 course meal 8 can see in dooleys is £125. So let’s take £35 off for ticket. = £95 for the meal 

the bar bar staff are already working but let’s factor it in as one staff again for 8 hrs per 3 boxes again very generous £2.66 per head

now let’s say 2 x chef, £20 per hour again let’s be generous at 8 hrs = £320 divided by 30 boxes =£10.66 per head 

meal 5 course = £50 

one waitress per 3 boxes as meals are served in box again another £2.66 per head based on £10 per hour over 8 hours 

costings = £65.98 per head profit per head = £ 29.02 per head per game x 10 = £290.20 per game per box x 27 games = £7835 per box per season if sold max every game 

that’s £32,189.40 profit per box if sold with meals every game for 27 games. I haven’t imcluded any drinks in that which will obv be marked up heavily too. 

Now tell me again if we we are doing things right that we are not making a profit...............

If you can get two cooks doing about 270 three course meals in a short time span I suggest you open a restaurant quickly. Your figures are ridiculous. What about security, cleaners, pot washers etc. 

Edited by toppOwl
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

He's not working for the subsidiary of Doyen that he was working for, it was wound up in 2016, he's directly employed by DC.

Do a little research on Nelio Lucas ( Doyens big chief ) ,and Paxo and their  connections . Paxo is Doyen through and through , always has been and Lucas is the co director of Paxo`s sports management company. 

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Do a little research on Nelio Lucas ( Doyens big chief ) ,and Paxo and their  connections . Paxo is Doyen through and through , always has been and Lucas is the co director of Paxo`s sports management company. 

I said above I've no idea what his connections are nor what his role is (an adviser is the party line) I just no he's employed by the club.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Are you still trying to argue this honestly??? You do understand this is my background? We had 2 chefs comfortably cater for 200 on a five course meal at my last event I organised , you want to add pot washers and security in that are already being payed regardless ????? They are at the bar and matches??? Ok then use my 25% I gave you. No Infact use my 50% margin of diffference I gave you.......

your just looking silly now 

Ok I give up, someone who doesn't even attend matches is correct, the chairman of the club and a renowned football financial adviser who says only 7% of an average clubs income comes from operating activities are wrong. I'll leave it there.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Ok I give up, someone who doesn't even attend matches is correct, the chairman of the club and a renowned football financial adviser who says only 7% of an average clubs income comes from operating activities are wrong. I'll leave it there.

I don't think he is arguing over the fact that it's 7%. 7% is a significant amount of money when you consider the income a football club generates. 

14 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Can't leave me hanging like this sonofbert2.:rolleyes:

Who was the poster 

Young Willow I am currently going through a difficult part of life.

I just left a bar where a 32 yesr old woman  asked the landlord to translate that she didn't just want a 1 night stand and that she wanted to fizz for 6 months and I'll be honest, it shook me up a bit..... home now and eating Nik Naks.

Grasp the baton and take this muppet to task......

I'm off to Chelsea (from Spain) and sick to death of these spinelesscunts who spin against the club I love.....

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/man-who-tried-to-buy-sheffield-wednesday-declared-bankrupt-1-3565464

They used to private message each other.

Better to die doing than cry thinking!

WAWAW

7 minutes ago, flo said:

I don't think he is arguing over the fact that it's 7%. 7% is a significant amount of money when you consider the income a football club generates. 

Not spread across all operational activities it isn't, if boxes were that lucrative grounds would be full of them. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Not spread across all operational activities it isn't, if boxes were that lucrative grounds would be full of them. 

Might be wrong but I always understood that executive boxes were big money makers.

These days when clubs want to build new stands, the priority seems to be more about corporate facilities than increasing capacity.

im sure I read a report that Liverpools new stand had a short return on investment because they’ve included so many boxes and corporate facilities in the design.

Sheffield isn’t a wealthy area, so there’s only a finite number of individuals or companies interested in boxes.

Edited by sheffsteel