Chairman’s statement

23 minutes ago, pussface said:

Yes Cardiff weren’t as thrifty as many thought when it came to wages and sign ons for example.

Yet it won’t be difficult to attain that you don’t need to break the bank to finish 13th, as this ridiculous statement from our esteemed Chairman claims.

If you look at Huddersfield when they were promoted then I think after bonuses they were in the top 4 making losses that season.

Brentford are propped up by their chairman on the basis of redeveloping where their stadium is currently.

None of our players ever earned 40k plus but apart from all that your post was spot on.

He should have waited until the transfer window was over for this statement. Showing other clubs how desperate we are, will not bring the best bids for players we want to sell. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

The box's are already set up with table and chairs. They just need plates, cutlery and the lights switching. Each box has a very young waiter/waitress to serve them who is on the minimum wage. The food is bought wholesale and mass produced. There are no more overheads, its a very simple thing to set up. The club also make a heavy mark up on drinks prices which are additional to the cost of the box. The point is if you sell the 30 box's at lets say 25k (thats about 60% less than what DC wants for them) thats an income of 750k with further spin offs from good business people.

Total and utter over simplified nonsense, there's bar staff, security, cooks (unless this wholesale food cooks itself), cleaners, waiters, the food is eaten in the main suites not the boxes so you have about 50 tables to dress etc. There's a drinks allowance with anything over settled on the day.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

The way you do that is to write them a proper letter outlining your position.

I would think previous meetings with them to get the embargo lifted would have included that.

May be an attempt to go public ?

Not saying that's a good idea, I'm just trying to get my head round why he would release this statement at this time.

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Total and utter over simplified nonsense, there's bar staff, security, cooks (unless this wholesale food cooks itself), cleaners, waiters, the food is eaten in the main suites not the boxes so you have about 50 tables to dress etc. There's a drinks allowance with anything over settled on the day.

Please don't think I'm setting you up with this question... it's pure.

Without going into detail... have you got a background in business... Where you must provide a profit?

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Our Recruitment is done by Doyen , its no secret. DC said he had severed links with them , BUT one of their main men , Paxo is DC`s right hand man at Hillsbro.

He's not working for the subsidiary of Doyen that he was working for, it was wound up in 2016, he's directly employed by DC.

Edited by toppOwl

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would think previous meetings with them to get the embargo lifted would have included that.

May be an attempt to go public ?

Not saying that's a good idea, I'm just trying to get my head round why he would release this statement at this time.

All he's done is confuse the fanbase and if it's a sideswipe at the EFL ..god help us.

I think he'd be better off leaving late night pissed up broadcasts to me.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

All he's done is confuse the fanbase and if it's a sideswipe at the EFL ..god help us.

I think he'd be better off leaving late night pissed up broadcasts to me.

Good idea.

Can you start tomorrow ?

lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Bullshit... I can't believe you're getting away with this... what's your agenda?

Look into, the info on the winding up is listed on Companies House website, DC said at the last steering group that he's an employee of SWFC, if you don't to believe it cos it doesn't fit your agenda then fine by me.

Edited by toppOwl

Just now, toppOwl said:

Look into, the info on the winding up is listed on Companies House website, DC said at the last steering group that he's an employee of SWFC, if you don't to believe it cost it doesn't fit your agenda then fine by me.

So paxo is a lone wolf totally divorced from doyen?

No wonder you sat there telling the owner that 1867 just needed tweaks.

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

really?  did you say that about his other statements that directly contradict this one ?  or do you believe this and not the others ?

love to know your bank account and password  just to randomly pick my lottery numbers for a friend 

re boxes that is indeed true so why alienate businesses of the sake of it?  Oh hang on the make a loss  silly me 

LOL.

All about opinions, in football terms he is inexperienced. And yes of course I have seen his other statements.

He has to walk a fine line on what he says in a competitive landscape. Overall it is my opinion, which is on the whole positive, yes some mistakes, but mainly due to inexperience. Anyway we have what we have  so until we get a Abramovich or similar we carry on.

5 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I took thepiss when you suggested him as our boss and he came north to Derby but you were right.

Truth is usually in the middle/midlands.

I can't take the credit for that mate as I would never have suggested Lampard for our job. I thought it was a gamble on Derby's part as he was an unknown entity in management but would have strong contacts for advice and loan players. 

He has got them playing a good style of football but they are suspect out of possession. 

2 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Without going to find the thread, unless your a moron, there is a decent profit on any box being sold at £20/25k per season. 

Ps I do t mean you are a moron, I mean ness the person running that part of the business is a moron lol 

£25,000 a season based on over say 30 matches if you include cup games, works out at £833 a match, the boxes hold up to 12 people so around £70 a head for hospitality, waitress service, programme, match ticket in good seats, three course meal and tea and coffee. Its not gonna make anyone a millionaire.

A report by Swiss Ramble who is a football financial expert (he can be found on Twitter) found that over the past decade 87% of a clubs cash came from the chairman with just 7% from all operational activities. Its available on line to read.

The worth of boxes has been totally over egged on here by some.