Chairman’s statement

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

i didn’t,  I was saying if any club can’t make a profit on a box at £20/25k then the person running that side of the business is a moron.

i did try and make that clear at the end of my comment 

Yes you did.

I apologise.

Chucking morons about wether it's the fans or club is inflammatory and not helpful.

22 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

We need £15m to avoid an embargo according to numerous football finance experts.

We need to sell 5,000 lots of £3k, or 3,000 lots of £5k.

We sold less than 10 of Club 1867 v1.

This will need to be spectacular. As someone said earlier, what if we are selling the ground, but to the fans? Id pay £5k to own a seat that I never have to pay to sit in again. Just need another 2,999 others now

Easy answer.

D.C. says he has the money but P&S stops him from using it.

So, D.C, himself, buys 3000 issues of 1867 scheme at £5000 per pop and donates the seats to schools etc.

£15 million raised and gates up by 3000 screaming kids will raise the atmosphere.

Don't want the kids sat near me though.lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Easy answer.

D.C. says he has the money but P&S stops him from using it.

So, D.C, himself, buys 3000 issues of 1867 scheme at £5000 per pop and donates the seats to schools etc.

£15 million raised and gates up by 3000 screaming kids will raise the atmosphere.

Don't want the kids sat near me though.lol

Dont want them sat in the same stand as me. WTF:

He needs to learn when we need to sell. If any good money offers come in then take them! We won't go down and we can rebuild.

I am really scared that he has no intention of selling though, based on the fact that we've sold noone under his reins.

Reach is our most saleable asset and has to be moved on.

Can't really fault what he has said. Do think he is an honest guy and yes I trust him.

Cash wise obviously stuffed unless we sell players so just sell them and start again.

All the comments on here about boxes and ticket prices are just pointless selling all the boxes would make no difference to revenue really compared to the wages and transfers we have spent.

So just sell a few players and keep our heads down for a couple of years.

5 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Can't really fault what he has said. Do think he is an honest guy and yes I trust him.

Cash wise obviously stuffed unless we sell players so just sell them and start again.

All the comments on here about boxes and ticket prices are just pointless selling all the boxes would make no difference to revenue really compared to the wages and transfers we have spent.

really?  did you say that about his other statements that directly contradict this one ?  or do you believe this and not the others ?

love to know your bank account and password  just to randomly pick my lottery numbers for a friend 

re boxes that is indeed true so why alienate businesses of the sake of it?  Oh hang on the make a loss  silly me 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

I dont think its right to charge highest ticket prices in the league and say mid table is ok.

17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

You might be surprised.

Championship is a reyt mess!!

Yes Cardiff weren’t as thrifty as many thought when it came to wages and sign ons for example.

Yet it won’t be difficult to attain that you don’t need to break the bank to finish 13th, as this ridiculous statement from our esteemed Chairman claims.

The losses 'allowed' under P&S are not in line with the current game or state of the finances in the Championship, however, there's no denying that commercially as a club we have got many things wrong.

We employed a top guy from Shahktar and saw no difference. What is happening now is those errors are catching up with the club and the restraints set by the league just further compound those mistakes. The club knew the rules, were bullish in their commercial endeavours and now need the fans to bail them out. 

Nothing he releases under any membership scheme will fill the gap, we need an 8 figure some to make a dent in just staying out of an embargo.

This is what having the right business and football people around him at the club would have avoided too.

All that said, whatever is released i'll be seriously considering buying, ive been very vocal against how he's ran the club, but i do believe he genuinely wants the club to be a family and knows it's a 2 way relationship. Holding his hand up and asking for help is absolutely something i can get behind and respect.

3 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

You're very right and very wrong here.

Where you're very wrong imo..is that the world loves a trier.

If he could be seen to be trying very hard to maximize income... we'd be on board.

But he's doing the opposite. If ... for instance he was selling players to balance the books..we'd say..reyt..we can see where you're coming from.

But he hasn't..has he?

If he was selling corporate and getting little feedback or profit .. we'd understand..... but he's doing neither.

He's a decent person with lots of money.. but he's wasted on something he simply doesn't understand.

TBF he's not the first and he won't be the last... I'm sure.

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

But if you have two companies offering the same service, employee the same amount of people and delivery the same experience in this case a match day one charges £48,000 the other charges £19,000 as a business not a fan which company will you use. 

That's not really what I'm getting at, but in answer to your question, I don't think a box at either Sheffield club has much of a value from a corporate point of view, aside from maybe 2/3 games a season.

I'm not sure a client from London is going to be seduced by a couple of box tickets to Wednesday or Utd v Brentford.

Box purchases at our level will be driven by well- off fans, not by anyone making a strategic business decision.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You're very right and very wrong here.

Where you're very wrong imo..is that the world loves a trier.

If he could be seen to be trying very hard to maximize income... we'd be on board.

But he's doing the opposite. If ... for instance he was selling players to balance the books..we'd say..reyt..we can see where you're coming from.

But he hasn't..has he?

If he was selling corporate and getting little feedback or profit .. we'd understand..... but he's doing neither.

He's a decent person with lots of money.. but he's wasted on something he simply doesn't understand.

TBF he's not the first and he won't be the last... I'm sure.

Im just baffled by the timing of it. There's a reasonable feel good factor at the moment.

Big cup game to look forward to.

Managerial appointment universally applauded.

Injured players getting back to fitness.

Previously excluded players back in contention and playing well.

Then along comes DC like a great big mood Hoover and reminds us we're up the creek without a paddle in a few months.

Just unnecessary ramblings of little value that can only have a negative impact.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Im just baffled by the timing of it. There's a reasonable feel good factor at the moment.

Big cup game to look forward to.

Managerial appointment universally applauded.

Injured players getting back to fitness.

Previously excluded players back in contention and playing well.

Then along comes DC like a great big mood Hoover and reminds us we're up the creek without a paddle in a few months.

Just unnecessary ramblings of little value that can only have a negative impact.

Agree it is at completely the wrong time, unless it's some sort of dig at the EFL and P&S.