Chelsea game - Ticket Information Here

1 hour ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I think they need to stagger the ticket sales differently. 

Alllowing those with 500 points the whole weekend to buy the tickets and leaving those with 490, such as myself literally 30 seconds before they were all sold out is a bit harsh.

It's now a closed shop. 

I prefer a system where it allows those who have shown loyalty/commitment AND those who are prepared to  queue early to actually have a chance to get one of these headlining games.

So for instance ...I live a 15 minute drive from Hillsborough...You're in Manchester?...I get a distinct advantage in the queing for tickets don't I?

Its the fairest system I can think of mate....Its disappointing, but thats summat Wednesday hardly ever fail in delivering, swallow it, shout 'em on via BBC....and hope we get Arsenal next

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

So for instance ...I live a 15 minute drive from Hillsborough...You're in Manchester?...I get a distinct advantage in the queing for tickets don't I?

Its the fairest system I can think of mate....Its disappointing, but thats summat Wednesday hardly ever fail in delivering, swallow it, shout 'em on via BBC....and hope we get Arsenal next

Arsenal away ? 

4 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

That would be great thank you. Lol.

Look all I'm saying is that the system needs tweaking, i.e the staggering of sales.

The allocated time for those with more points seem to be a lot longer, for example if you had 500 points you had the whole weekend to buy tickets. Those with 490 points would have had from 9AM until 1PM, if there were any left.

This takes out the competition of those willing/prepared (or more organized) to queue early, whether that be online or in person.

Final point is that 6000 season ticket holders with 500 or more points seems strange to me given the amount of season ticket holders we have and the amount of away games I know I've been to.

The points total carries for 2 years....460 points....for  season tickets...a modicum of away games and you get one for Chelsea....I think its as fair as tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Look all I'm saying is that the system needs tweaking, i.e the staggering of sales.

The allocated time for those with more points seem to be a lot longer, for example if you had 500 points you had the whole weekend to buy tickets. Those with 490 points would have had from 9AM until 1PM, if there were any left.

This takes out the competition of those willing/prepared (or more organized) to queue early, whether that be online or in person.

Final point is that 6000 season ticket holders with 500 or more points seems strange to me given the amount of season ticket holders we have and the amount of away games I know I've been to.

In fairness to the club on this  - i think the weekend came at an unfortunate time. 

Normally its a morning/afternoon of sales sessions between cut offs.

500 is relatively* small in terms of points when you think about it. *(still excellent support)

It's a season ticket holder for 2 years  - 460 points that has been to 4 extra games in near enough 2 seasons. Whether this be home cup ties or away games.

I’ve no chance of away tickets these days, with small allocations, despite doing nearly 80 grounds over the years. Can’t get to many away now due to kids etc, but all that said, there is simply no fairer system than the one we have at present, and I’ve no complaints. 

Only tweak I would make would be enhanced priority points for 3 year season tickets and points for money spent in the shop and/or kiosks. 

• Like 1

Out of interest I’ve been trying to sus out where the away support is housed at Stamford Bridge. According to diagrams on google they only have 4,500 seats allocated in corner of shed end and extending across towards the goal at the shed end. Does anyone on here know where the rest of our mob will be? Roof? Executive boxes? Advertising boards? Good luck if you’re going, have a great day/weekend away whatever the result! UTO

Oh...and I hope you get a seat somewhere!

1 minute ago, Daveabuk said:

Which tier is better for atmosphere? I sit on the North far side standing so occasionally i do scream my heart out and bounce. Have 2 tickets for the top and bottom to choose from. 

If you are feeling lucky, have a pop at the bottom - never know your luck

• Haha 2

Somebody mentioned the fact that the club can't tell if the ST-holder who purchased the ticket actually attended the match or not. I've just bought tickets to an ice hockey match in Pittsburgh and the ticket is automatically loaded onto my mobile phone - there isn't even an option of having a printed physical ticket. Presumably if things went that way with match tickets here in the future then the club could be able to see if the ticket buyer was the one who actually turned up. I doubt many people would buy a ticket and then give their phone to someone else for the day.

19 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Out of interest I’ve been trying to sus out where the away support is housed at Stamford Bridge. According to diagrams on google they only have 4,500 seats allocated in corner of shed end and extending across towards the goal at the shed end. Does anyone on here know where the rest of our mob will be? Roof? Executive boxes? Advertising boards? Good luck if you’re going, have a great day/weekend away whatever the result! UTO

Think it's basically the entire 'Shed' end.

I do like the fact that it's still called 'The Shed' despite now being modern and anything but shed like. 

2 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I think they need to stagger the ticket sales differently. 

Alllowing those with 500 points the whole weekend to buy the tickets and leaving those with 490, such as myself literally 30 seconds before they were all sold out is a bit harsh.

It's now a closed shop. 

I prefer a system where it allows those who have shown loyalty/commitment AND those who are prepared to  queue early to actually have a chance to get one of these headlining games.

How can it be a closed shop when points get refreshed every two years?

Like loads have said this system is as fair as it possibly can be and doesn’t penalise people who live outside Sheffield.

If you had done one more game in 2 years (that includes home cup matches) you would have had one - there has to be a cut off somewhere.

37 minutes ago, sternlad said:

The rest will be crammed in those cars they used to have parked behind the goal.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Think it's basically the entire 'Shed' end.

I do like the fact that it's still called 'The Shed' despite now being modern and anything but shed like. 

We can change the words of "I've got a Shed to "We've got your shed. :tango:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jomaco said:

Anyone know if they put extra tube trains on for games, or are there massive queues after?

I don't think so. I used to live a few stops further on the same line and as far as I can remember the timetable was just a standard one. Trains are every five minutes on the District Line, so I expect the queues to get back into the station after the game would be long.

1 hour ago, Manchester_Owl said:

It's not that much of a commitment. 2 years of holding a season ticket, and if you'd attended another 4 of the 6 home cup games and approx 35 away games we've played in the last 18 months you'd have had 500 points and got a Chelsea ticket. 

You also said earlier it's a "closed shop" - when the majority of away games go as far as the lower points ranges or general sale, some don't even sell out.

Sorry you missed out but it could be said that if you don't meet the easily achievable requirements when 6k others do then you don't deserve a ticket. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, torres said:

In fairness to the club on this  - i think the weekend came at an unfortunate time. 

Normally its a morning/afternoon of sales sessions between cut offs.

500 is relatively* small in terms of points when you think about it. *(still excellent support)

It's a season ticket holder for 2 years  - 460 points that has been to 4 extra games in near enough 2 seasons. Whether this be home cup ties or away games.

I am just embarrassed I haven't done 4 extra games in the last 2 years 

You should of course get double points if you live more than 125 miles from the ground

He says living 130 miles away 

The conundrum is the closed shop it can bring about, but I could have done QPR away this year, I could have done the cup games, but I was not going to waste my money on Jos uninspired games

The way it goes and its on TV so not the same but I get to see it