Chelsea game - Ticket Information Here

1 minute ago, woodys said:

when even was it like a shed? in the 90's i remember it being uncovered terracing.... or is it at the opposite end to the old away end?

It's the opposite end to the old away end. Used to be the two terraces that were curved so had a big gap behind the goal at both ends, but now they've rebuilt them they seat the away fans in the corner of what used to be the main home end.

Can't think of many other grounds that have done this, having the away fans section on what used to be their hardcore home area, other than Brentford who completely switched the away fans to the opposite end.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, alanharper said:

That wasn't the point though was it. People would have got a Chelsea ticket with 500 points which only required attendance at 4 additional games out of 48 to achieve.

I've seen people (not on here) moaning that they've missed out on Chelsea tickets but they can't manage to get the extra points because they can't afford to go to other games so it's just not fair - when Chelsea will be one of the most expensive trips of the season! It's already cost me £78 for ticket and trains (that's with a railcard) plus I'll have to pay for travel to station, tube around London and a taxi home and that's before even looking at food and drink for the day. But they'd have definitely gone to that one when they "couldn't afford" £12 for a home cup game or a fraction of the cost for a more local away game...

I understand what you're saying, but for some people it's too expensive, I'm one, I go to every home match (work on turnstile so no cost) I can just about afford 3 or 4 away games a season so I choose the ones which in my opinion are the better ones (ie Lincoln pre season new ground or the bigger games ie 1st and last game, local or big cup matches).

Now if you put yourself in my situaction,  would you rather go to Millwall away on a Tuesday night or Chelsea away on a Weekend.

No brainer for me, sometimes I don't manage to get tickets to games I would like to because of points, some I can't afford but still the current points system is imo the best we can do , but saying some people choose to not go to Ipswich away but can afford Chelsea away is missing the point.

Btw I used to do nearly every away game, situations change though, some on here need to take that into account before judging others. UTO!

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It's the opposite end to the old away end. Used to be the two terraces that were curved so had a big gap behind the goal at both ends, but now they've rebuilt them they seat the away fans in the corner of what used to be the main home end.

Can't think of many other grounds that have done this, having the away fans section on what used to be their hardcore home area, other than Brentford who completely switched the away fans to the opposite end.

ah right yeah makes sense then 

the system for away games aint perfect but in general its a good system ,fans letting other fans use there id though maybe needs stopping somehow. ive said loads of times before there are loads of ways to boost your points, attend home cup matches in league n fa cup over 2 years should get u around 50points(10pts per game) loads of away games have got to general sale , leeds,blackburn reading list goes on some its quite easy to get 550 points plus , if it was say a closed shop where every away game was sold out to 650-700 points plus then the system would need changing as it is now it works very well. I went to hull ,blackburn,wigan away etc and watched utter garbage and like others we deserve to get the Chelsea tickets 1st 

• Like 1

I think it just shows the dedication of our hardcore of support 

6000 tickets sold and the majority of season ticket holders didn't even get the chance to buy one.

Yes we have a lot of hangers on, that turn up at Wembley etc, but our hardcore of home and away support never fails to make me proud 

4 minutes ago, torres said:

I think it just shows the dedication of our hardcore of support 

6000 tickets sold and the majority of season ticket holders didn't even get the chance to buy one.

Yes we have a lot of hangers on, that turn up at Wembley etc, but our hardcore of home and away support never fails to make me proud 

You lot better make a f.ookin' racket...win lose or draw.....

• Haha 1

Just now, torres said:

Best thing i think i have EVER read!!

Bravo!!

I'm rewritin' the whole Points system mate....due to me disappointment at missing out....

Season ticket holder of over 10 years standing....500 points

Season ticket holder of over 16 stone in weight..while still being under 5ft....200 points

Season ticket holder who's balding, over 60 and went away in the 70's .....100 points

Crikey..never mind attending...I'm in with a chance of f.ookin' playing!!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm rewritin' the whole Points system mate....due to me disappointment at missing out....

Season ticket holder of over 16 stone in weight..while still being under 5ft....200 points

Season ticket holder who's balding, over 60 and went away in the 70's .....100 points

Sounds like my new bird will be well away if she ever fancies getting a season ticket!

• Haha 1

When's the weigh in?

I can imagine a line of fat blokes outside the shop, with a tray of Beres pork pies each and some scales, going "just one more pie, I'm still a few ounces under the limit"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

When's the weigh in?

I can imagine a line of fat blokes outside the shop, with a tray of Beres pork pies each and some scales, going "just one more pie, I'm still a few ounces under the limit"

No need for a weigh in mate...you just see if they can get through that ridiculous turnstile on the corner of the Kop and South...

.....If they can't fit through ...they can get in.......

ERRR..'ang on need a rethink lol

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

Get her to eat yer underpants mate...she will be on 62 before buyin' a ticket!

And people laughed thinking what would i see in a 16 stone, small, balding lass that eats underpants!!!

Who's laughing now??? 

(spare ID going if anyone wants it)

Just now, torres said:

And people laughed thinking what would i see in a 16 stone, small, balding lass that eats underpants!!!

Who's laughing now??? 

(spare ID going if anyone wants it)

I'm askin' the wife if she is ok wiv me having a platonic relationship with a 3ft  tall fat Wednesday lass who suffers from alopecia..just in case we beat Chelsea and get Arsenal away

• Haha 1