Chelsea game - Ticket Information Here

59 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Somebody mentioned the fact that the club can't tell if the ST-holder who purchased the ticket actually attended the match or not. I've just bought tickets to an ice hockey match in Pittsburgh and the ticket is automatically loaded onto my mobile phone - there isn't even an option of having a printed physical ticket. Presumably if things went that way with match tickets here in the future then the club could be able to see if the ticket buyer was the one who actually turned up. I doubt many people would buy a ticket and then give their phone to someone else for the day.

Be a laugh though if he leaves them err selfies with his Mrs in the photo gallery 

3 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

I heard a er, 'high profile' wednesdayite discussing how she had someone else's account number for her ticket at the game on Saturday. Im sure thats pretty common but i wonder if the club couldn't do more?

That's the issue I'm getting at.

Season ticket holder with 600 points gets ticket, but doesn't go, gives it to a friend and gets 10 TPP. Season ticket holder without enough points sits in the home end of an away game, doesn't get the 10 TPP, but goes to the game.

Next big game that same season ticket holder has 10 points less than the required amount and misses out.

The system on a whole is trying to be fair, (I get that), but it needs tweaking a little and a better staggered sales process could make the system even better.

Anyways I'm done, it is what it is.

This club really deserves to be in the prem with the support it has.

26 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Season ticket holder with 600 points gets ticket, but doesn't go, gives it to a friend and gets 10 TPP. Season ticket holder without enough points sits in the home end of an away game, doesn't get the 10 TPP, but goes to the game.

Next big game that same season ticket holder has 10 points less than the required amount and misses out.

The system on a whole is trying to be fair, (I get that), but it needs tweaking a little and a better staggered sales process could make the system even better.

By a "Better" staggered sales system...do you mean a definitive time limit for each category..like say someone with 500 points missed the cut off..someone with 470 would then have priority?

I honestly don't see how they can do it better...

Theres a week to go before the game...The tickets have sold out after the first couple or 3 of categories...

What do you propose...honest question.

There will be a "Way" around most I think..and with the amount of fans who follow Wednesday, they will probably find it.

I'm as disappointed as you are mate, but you have to respect that the vast majority of Owls who have got tickets..have earned them

42 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It's not that much of a commitment. 2 years of holding a season ticket, and if you'd attended another 4 of the 6 home cup games and approx 35 away games we've played in the last 18 months you'd have had 500 points and got a Chelsea ticket. 

You also said earlier it's a "closed shop" - when the majority of away games go as far as the lower points ranges or general sale, some don't even sell out.

Sorry you missed out but it could be said that if you don't meet the easily achievable requirements when 6k others do then you don't deserve a ticket. 

Just had a count and there have been a possible 6 home cup games and 42 league and cup away games played so far in the current TPP period.  So anyone who couldn't manage to attend 4 of those 48 games (fair enough, some of them would have been impossible to go to without a higher TPP total but most would have been achievable) and then cries about not getting tickets for the big games frankly only have themselves to blame. 

I've seen some people moaning that they can't go to extra games because of cost etc. which is fair enough - but oddly enough they'd have happily stumped up the cash to go to Chelsea on a Sunday evening when it's live on BBC1!

• Like 2

Manc Owl , I agree the system needs a tweak . I wondered whether the points could be awarded according to miles to travel , e g ,Brentford , or difficult times /circumstances , eg Luton . They would merit 10 pts , Blackburn say 5 , Rotherham , Piggies say 2 , or some sort of system that recognises the effort put in to get to games . 

I'm not moaning by the way as I have my ticket for Chelsea . Just think more thought could be put in to the system generally .

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Just had a count and there have been a possible 6 home cup games and 42 league and cup away games played so far in the current TPP period.  So anyone who couldn't manage to attend 4 of those 48 games (fair enough, some of them would have been impossible to go to without a higher TPP total but most would have been achievable) and then cries about not getting tickets for the big games frankly only have themselves to blame. 

I've seen some people moaning that they can't go to extra games because of cost etc. which is fair enough - but oddly enough they'd have happily stumped up the cash to go to Chelsea on a Sunday evening when it's live on BBC1!

Could not agree more

It's the same at any big game. 

We could sell out Wembley 3 times over if we get there again. It would cost £150.00+ it would be on telly, it wouldn't be at 3pm Saturday.

''Fans'' would be doing anything to get to the game.

Ask them to pop over to the home matches a few times a season and it's like we play on the moon.

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Theres a difference between moaning and being disappointed mate.

Say for instance you work shifts....and you work alongside a blade...You swap the alternate Saturday of the weekends...You need the Saturday overtime to buy the little extras...like season tickets.....As it happens this big game falls on the Sunday...United are away the Saturday...not a problem is it?

There are reasons other than not being ars*ed why some fans can't make all the Cup games and most of the away games...Some cut their cloth accordingly..simply circumstances

20 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Manc Owl , I agree the system needs a tweak . I wondered whether the points could be awarded according to miles to travel , e g ,Brentford , or difficult times /circumstances , eg Luton . They would merit 10 pts , Blackburn say 5 , Rotherham , Piggies say 2 , or some sort of system that recognises the effort put in to get to games . 

I'm not moaning by the way as I have my ticket for Chelsea . Just think more thought could be put in to the system generally .

That wouldn't help Manchester owl ......................................................only 2 points for travelling all the way from Manchester to Rotherham. lol

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, alan48 said:

You get a point if it's raining 

2 points if it your wife's birthday and you have to get back early

3 points if you should be looking after the kids, but you just tied them to the sofa while u nip to Forest 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Theres a difference between moaning and being disappointed mate.

Say for instance you work shifts....and you work alongside a blade...You swap the alternate Saturday of the weekends...You need the Saturday overtime to buy the little extras...like season tickets.....As it happens this big game falls on the Sunday...United are away the Saturday...not a problem is it?

There are reasons other than not being ars*ed why some fans can't make all the Cup games and most of the away games...Some cut their cloth accordingly..simply circumstances

That wasn't the point though was it. People would have got a Chelsea ticket with 500 points which only required attendance at 4 additional games out of 48 to achieve.

I've seen people (not on here) moaning that they've missed out on Chelsea tickets but they can't manage to get the extra points because they can't afford to go to other games so it's just not fair - when Chelsea will be one of the most expensive trips of the season! It's already cost me £78 for ticket and trains (that's with a railcard) plus I'll have to pay for travel to station, tube around London and a taxi home and that's before even looking at food and drink for the day. But they'd have definitely gone to that one when they "couldn't afford" £12 for a home cup game or a fraction of the cost for a more local away game...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

That wasn't the point though was it. People would have got a Chelsea ticket with 500 points which only required attendance at 4 additional games out of 48 to achieve.

I've seen people (not on here) moaning that they've missed out on Chelsea tickets but they can't manage to get the extra points because they can't afford to go to other games so it's just not fair - when Chelsea will be one of the most expensive trips of the season! It's already cost me £78 for ticket and trains (that's with a railcard) plus I'll have to pay for travel to station, tube around London and a taxi home and that's before even looking at food and drink for the day. But they'd have definitely gone to that one when they "couldn't afford" £12 for a home cup game or a fraction of the cost for a more local away game...

Your point was getting to away games..my point was circumstances dictate my lad for instance can't......If folk can afford it and can't be ar8ed they haven't got an argument...I'm simply stating something about the point you made about away games and how sometimes simple circumstances make it hard to do....

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Your point was getting to away games..my point was circumstances dictate my lad for instance can't......If folk can afford it and can't be ar8ed they haven't got an argument...I'm simply stating something about the point you made about away games and how sometimes simple circumstances make it hard to do....

Yet they'd have definitely been able to go to Chelsea at short notice but not the others... 

(talking about the people complaining and not targeting your lad by the way. And we've played away games in this period on all seven days of the week, and the home cup games on Fridays, Saturdays, and Tuesdays. Sometimes it's more a case of won't go rather than can't go, until the big games come round and then it's just not fair that they can't get a ticket)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yet they'd have definitely been able to go to Chelsea at short notice but not the others... 

(talking about the people complaining and not targeting your lad by the way. And we've played away games in this period on all seven days of the week, and the home cup games on Fridays, Saturdays, and Tuesdays. Sometimes it's more a case of won't go rather than can't go, until the big games come round and then it's just not fair that they can't get a ticket)

How is a week and half short notice?

"My lad has got 2 kids and his wife doesn't work...he works overtime wherever he can....I bought his season ticket this year..Cos ive been taking him since he was 4, we have a right laugh win, lose or draw...

Nor is he complaining, and if you read the thread neither am i..Its a fair system....Well actually thinkin' about it...I'm getting there...Cos IVE actually bought 3 f.ookin' season tickets in 2 years...

How many points is that?

Your points about "Some people" are fair enough...My point is a particular circumstance, that I'm sure is not an isolated one

Edited by asteener1867

1 hour ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Either way you would miss out? Just think overall there isn't a fairer system that does not get too complicated.

Photo I'd etc etc would cause issues at turnstiles and delays etc.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Either way you would miss out? Just think overall there isn't a fairer system that does not get too complicated.

Photo I'd etc etc would cause issues at turnstiles and delays etc.

Photo ID at Hillsborough turnstiles.....

"Yep...Its a fat bald f.ooker..pass friend" lol

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Think it's basically the entire 'Shed' end.

I do like the fact that it's still called 'The Shed' despite now being modern and anything but shed like. 

when even was it like a shed? in the 90's i remember it being uncovered terracing.... or is it at the opposite end to the old away end?