Chelsea game - Ticket Information Here

5 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I prefer a system where it allows those who have shown loyalty/commitment AND those who are prepared to  queue early to actually have a chance to get one of these headlining games.

Surely those who have a higher TPP balance have shown loyalty and commitment and deserve the chance to go?

They system we have in place is the fairest way we can do things and allows those who have bought season tickets, gone to away games and made the effort to go to cup games home and away the chance at first dibs.

I can understand your frustration at missing out but I certainly disagree about the loyalty/commitment comment.

13 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I think they need to stagger the ticket sales differently. 

Alllowing those with 500 points the whole weekend to buy the tickets and leaving those with 490, such as myself literally 30 seconds before they were all sold out is a bit harsh.

It's now a closed shop. 

I prefer a system where it allows those who have shown loyalty/commitment AND those who are prepared to  queue early to actually have a chance to get one of these headlining games.

Or you could have just bought a ticket or tea shirt or summat to get the extra ten points?

4 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Surely those who have a higher TPP balance have shown loyalty and commitment and deserve the chance to go?

They system we have in place is the fairest way we can do things and allows those who have bought season tickets, gone to away games and made the effort to go to cup games home and away the chance at first dibs.

I can understand your frustration at missing out but I certainly disagree about the loyalty/commitment comment.

The problem with the system is that friends who buy tickets for games say Forest away and then can't turn up, don't return the tickets to the club, they sell them to friends/family. They then still keep the 10 TPP, when in reality that 10 TPP should go to the friend/family member or someone who wanted to go to the game that was next in line.

I agree that it should be staggered with Season Ticket Holders/ Membership and then general sale, but how season ticket sales are staggered need to be looked at.

15 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Alllowing those with 500 points the whole weekend to buy the tickets and leaving those with 490, such as myself literally 30 seconds before they were all sold out is a bit harsh.

It's now a closed shop. 

Systems as fair as it can be, and thats from someone who missed out this morning...I can't afford home AND away..I get away when I can.

Lad I go with has to work alternate weekends...if he doesn't work weekends he can't afford a season ticket...Waddya do?

I don't mind the system, I do however mind, some who sorta laugh up their sleeves cos they can manage the lot...good luck to 'em, but to force it down the throats of the less fortunate is unhappily a sign of the route some of "The Wednesday family" seem to enjoy taking

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Unfortunately you only get TPP for games attended. Otherwise my TPP would be much higher.

Apologies didn’t realise that. Thought they went on at the time of purchase. Don’t you get points for purchases from the club shop? Or do they only go on once you wear the t shirt? 

Only joking!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Systems as fair as it can be, and thats from someone who missed out this morning...I can't afford home AND away..I get away when I can.

Lad I go with has to work alternate weekends...if he doesn't work weekends he can't afford a season ticket...Waddya do?

I don't mind the system, I do however mind, some who sorta laugh up their sleeves cos they can manage the lot...good luck to 'em, but to force it down the throats of the less fortunate is unhappily a sign of the route some of "The Wednesday family" seem to enjoy taking

Don’t usually disagree with you. But, I don’t think that’s the case. The problem we have in society now, is that those who work and spend their money are constantly faced with those who don’t wanting the same or better. Had a guy in pub last week whose not worked for twenty years telling me about his new 55” plasma tv, and what a snip it was at £700.

it feels a bit like this on here. I really can’t see that there’s a fairer system than what we have. When we used to queue up outside the ground all night for tickets you had people moaning they were on nights!

i appreciate people can’t afford to go home and away every week. I’ve been there. But it’s only fair that those do put the effort in and the money get first dibs for these games. A few of the lads I travel with can’t afford it but use what bit of spare cash they have to do it. Hats off to em I say.

System is fair but open to abuse. 

I wonder how many of the 6000 in attendance are actually season ticket holders with 500 + TPP. 

Not knocking it. If I thought it was going to sell out I might have done the same.  I missed out today but that’s how it goes 

8 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Don’t usually disagree with you. But, I don’t think that’s the case. The problem we have in society now, is that those who work and spend their money are constantly faced with those who don’t wanting the same or better. Had a guy in pub last week whose not worked for twenty years telling me about his new 55” plasma tv, and what a snip it was at £700.

it feels a bit like this on here. I really can’t see that there’s a fairer system than what we have. When we used to queue up outside the ground all night for tickets you had people moaning they were on nights!

i appreciate people can’t afford to go home and away every week. I’ve been there. But it’s only fair that those do put the effort in and the money get first dibs for these games. A few of the lads I travel with can’t afford it but use what bit of spare cash they have to do it. Hats off to em I say.

hes been ripped off :carlos:

6 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Tried buying tickets for family stand next to away supporters but Chelsea site won't let me buy because of my address. Makes sense for security but double gutted now. 

Had a look at that yesterday mate...but decided sitting on me hands would ruin the day...been practisin' "Fackin' Norvan Mankey" all morning but the wife says i look a tw *t

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Manchester_Owl said:

It's now a closed shop. 

So what you are saying is contact you before they sort the various cut offs.

1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:

No system will please everyone but we have a fair system, the points scheme works well. I sometimes miss out but as I don't go to all away games seems fair to me.

57 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Don't quite see where we disagree Plonk mate...you know a bloke who bough a telly...I have a son that has to work alernate weekends lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Manchester_Owl said:

It's now a closed shop. 

Sorry you have not got a ticket.

Can't see how they can make it any fairer, would assume most for the earlier category went early and not many sold over weekend. Just a supply and demand issue I guess. 

One thing I notice is the fact that some fans can’t build up points at away games simply because all the tickets have gone to season ticket holders . We all know some on here actually state they buy tickets but don’t go to the game just to build up points , that can’t be right can it ? . Other than that I don’t see how the club could make it any fairer.

21 minutes ago, torres said:

So what you are saying is contact you before they sort the various cut offs.

That would be great thank you. Lol.

Look all I'm saying is that the system needs tweaking, i.e the staggering of sales.

The allocated time for those with more points seem to be a lot longer, for example if you had 500 points you had the whole weekend to buy tickets. Those with 490 points would have had from 9AM until 1PM, if there were any left.

This takes out the competition of those willing/prepared (or more organized) to queue early, whether that be online or in person.

Final point is that 6000 season ticket holders with 500 or more points seems strange to me given the amount of season ticket holders we have and the amount of away games I know I've been to.