Chelsea game - Ticket Information Here

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Theres a difference between moaning and being disappointed mate.

Say for instance you work shifts....and you work alongside a blade...You swap the alternate Saturday of the weekends...You need the Saturday overtime to buy the little extras...like season tickets.....As it happens this big game falls on the Sunday...United are away the Saturday...not a problem is it?

There are reasons other than not being ars*ed why some fans can't make all the Cup games and most of the away games...Some cut their cloth accordingly..simply circumstances

I’ve worked shifts most of my life. When the fixtures came out in June I would like how the home games panned out with my shift patterns, and put leave days in well in advance. Managed that for 25 years of being a sr holder, had to miss a few but it was worth it.

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’ve worked shifts most of my life. When the fixtures came out in June I would like how the home games panned out with my shift patterns, and put leave days in well in advance. Managed that for 25 years of being a sr holder, had to miss a few but it was worth it.

That hardly takes it all into account these days Plonk....

I know what you mean...I did the same...Worked the Saturday we were away....off the following week.......You must have been lucky to get EVERY saturday off..even taking leave days into account....fact is these days..Matches are at different times...Matchdays are changed with little notice...Its changed big time mate

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

Just been looking at photos of Stamford Bridge from the 60’s, I’d forgotten what a dump it was back then. Two stands either side, one open end and other partially covered by “the shed”, running/greyhound/speedway track round the pitch. I’d completely forgotten how bad it was...and it was still as bad up to the 80’s...it would have been like asking first division sides to come and play us at Owlerton dog track! And it still only holds 41,000+ hope it’s full on Sunday. We’ll give ‘em a game this weekend and force a replay, then give ‘em the same treatment Arsenal got a couple of seasons back. Double pay day at the turnstiles!

• Like 1

I wanted one but I've not been to enough games. Only 3 more and I'd have been ok. It's my own fault and that's that. I've barely been to any away games over the last few years and I've paid the price. There literally is no fairer way of selling tickets. The lads n lasses who go to more games than me deserve their reward. 

On 18/01/2019 at 19:37, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

There's a picture of 6000 Huddersfield there in 2006 I think it was, it's the full end minus a strip of probably 3 seats wife for segregation each side.

Is she a big lass?

I usually get one sat next to me on aeroplanes.....

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Before the revamp we took 22k for the 6th round in 1967.

Was that a replay after a draw at Hillsborough? Or am I one year out....again! Seems a lot for a midweek replay, or did we draw at theirs and lose the replay at ours? They were in the final in 67 against Tottingham if I remember reyt. I’m going to have to check up now...the hours I spend lookin up useless factoids on bloody computers:picnic:

Wrong again...we lost 1-0 at Chelsea in 67. Then it was 68 we drew 2-2 at Hillsborough in the 5th round and lost replay 2-0.

49,000+ at Hillsborough for the 2-2 draw and 50,000+ at Chelsea for the replay. Wondered who scored for us that day? Anyone remember? I know I was at the first game but memory failing:sad:

56 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Was that a replay after a draw at Hillsborough? Or am I one year out....again! Seems a lot for a midweek replay, or did we draw at theirs and lose the replay at ours? They were in the final in 67 against Tottingham if I remember reyt. I’m going to have to check up now...the hours I spend lookin up useless factoids on bloody computers:picnic:

We had a very serious injury that day when one of ours took a tumble down an escalator. Never found out how he recovered.  

20 hours ago, archieswfc said:

I wanted one but I've not been to enough games. Only 3 more and I'd have been ok. It's my own fault and that's that. I've barely been to any away games over the last few years and I've paid the price. There literally is no fairer way of selling tickets. The lads n lasses who go to more games than me deserve their reward. 

Fair play to you with that attitude.   I got one but only by virtue of going to all the home cup games in the last few seasons as I also don't go away generally (as it's unrealistic in my split household)

Edited by Salmonbones