Luton Town 0 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday (FA Cup replay)

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Funny how he scored 10+ in the time before his contract was up yet barely hit anywhere near those figures for 4 years before or since. Eerie almost...

You don't really think he has been holding back all these years, that he suddenly thought to himself: "You know what, I'm going to start trying now..."

Utter bo11ocks. 

The bloke had a purple patch, that was it. 

Just now, SiJ said:

You don't really think he has been holding back all these years, that he suddenly thought to himself: "You know what, I'm going to start trying now..."

Utter bo11ocks. 

I'd actually look at it that he played a little bit better to try and secure a new contract. How on earth is that beyond some people, I'd do it myself if I was a footballer. I'm not levelling any criticism at him for it. 

1 minute ago, Hotten Owl said:

I was wondering this too and too busy cooking tea (findus crispy pancakes) to cook it either.

Anyone?

Extra-time then penalties if needed

In rounds up to and including the Fourth Round Proper, fixtures resulting in a draw (after normal time) go to a

replay, played at the venue of the away team, at a later date; if that replay is still tied, the winner is settled by a period of extra time, and if still necessary, a penalty shootout. Since 2016–17, ties have been settled on the day from the quarter-finals onwards, using extra time and penalties. From 2018–19, Fifth Round ties are also settled by extra time and penalties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup#Tiebreaking

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Utter bo11ocks. 

New X-files episode