Wednesday -V- Luton (FA Cup) OMDT

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

For me, he plays in an advanced attacking midfield role, or he doesn't start. 

He's too small and lightweight to be trying to boss the central midfield area. 

agree  thats 3 of us :biggrin:

this 'quaterback' role is infuriating  get him in the action 15-20 yards further up the pitch with a forward pass in his instructions not this heel turn backpass thing he has going on 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

For me, he plays in an advanced attacking midfield role, or he doesn't start. 

He's too small and lightweight to be trying to boss the central midfield area. 

I'm hoping that Bruce sees this and plays him in 3 but more advanced with Hutchinson and Pelupessy behind him.

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

lol I'm not brainwashed.

It's a FA CuP game against a League 1 side who hardly get a few thousand. So it'll probably cost the club, more than they make out of it
The players need to concentrate on staying in the Championship, rather than risking injury from not being prepared on a cold winters night.
I'd sooner cut these injuries down... Bannan, Hutch etc was proof today.

We hardly gave a to55 today... a wasted chance.

So you would be happy if we just got knocked out in the first round of every cup competition just in case someone got injured?

As much as I respect your opinion matey, I just can't get my head around this negativity with the cups..

I would wager much dosh that most fans over the age of 30 would say their best days as an owl were certain cup games in 91 and 93.

I just feel that fans, especially younger ones have now been brainwashed into thinking cups are insignificant after hearing managers, owners and such ilk bleating on about too many games, tiredness bullshit.

Rant over.

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

So you would be happy if we just got knocked out in the first round of every cup competition just in case someone got injured?

As much as I respect your opinion matey, I just can't get my head around this negativity with the cups..

I would wager much dosh that most fans over the age of 30 would say their best days as an owl were certain cup games in 91 and 93.

I just feel that fans, especially younger ones have now been brainwashed into thinking cups are insignificant after hearing managers, owners and such ilk bleating on about too many games, tiredness bullshit.

Rant over.

Totally agree with you rant or no rant !! 

22 minutes ago, Owl in Nottingham said:

Good to hear the voice of reason.

Pointers for me were that Hutch makes a big difference allowing midfield to move forward more confidently.

Fletch always looks a handful for the opposition where as Nuhiu seems to drift wide on the right and try and do that hold possession thing... which just isn't working for him anymore.

Hector was not as good as he normally is. 

Accumulation of things makes us look a bit off it. But not terrible, or outclassed and certainly the booing is embarassing. 

Agreed mate.

7 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Rant over.

Funnily enough it was the 5 match cup run against Arsenal that set me off on this Wednesday obsession. Went to all except Highbury. 

We will most likely end up mid-table this season. I would love to see us have a decent cup run...and none of this playing the youngsters. Play the best team always. I have never complained at the prices...so I deserve to see the first XI not the reserve players. 

Well my kids are all waiting to see us win a game (Or even score) and only win I've seen since we were in  league 1 was v Carlisle last year.

But as one that rarely can afford to attend it always feel special regardless of the result. 

Also I managed to punch a high long ball away from my son's head which he did at least enjoy lol

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Rant over.

Yeah, I'm 54 mate, and a realist

We don't have a healthy squad, it's winter, and we played crap, like most everyone else saw.

A tired and Leggy performance in front of a quiet gate. 

Nothing too unsurprising about today. 

Should have got one in the first 45 minutes , and I firmly believe if we had we'd have won the game with no real worry. 

A season of low confidence which is slowly being rebuilt. Not a switch that can just be flicked.

Today was a possible banana skin which we have avoided. 

A week now for the new coaches to work with the lads get their ideas across and prepare for Hull.

38 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Pub league team raised their game, we lowered ours a bit = bore draw.

A few plus points; clean sheet for Dawson, another 90 mins under belt, together, for first team, and unbeaten run goes to 5. Agnew said on radio after, Hutch had a slight groin ache & BB took a knock on the knee. 

A proper non event. Move on to Hull. 

I think they looked a tidy outfit tgh  they got what they were set out to do 

few very good saves from their keeper but we hadnt the quality to carve them open 

4 hours ago, darklord said:

Well my kids are all waiting to see us win a game (Or even score) and only win I've seen since we were in  league 1 was v Carlisle last year.

But as one that rarely can afford to attend it always feel special regardless of the result. 

Also I managed to punch a high long ball away from my son's head which he did at least enjoy lol

My son's first game was Luton at home 0-0 in 2004/5. We got season tickets the following year and he's gone ever since.  There's still hope. :biggrin:

Mind you I feel sorry for him sometimes. 

• Haha 1

Thought it was an even game which wasn't unexpected given Luton's current position and unbeaten run. We had the better chances despite Luton being very organized, especially 1st half. Second half we were getting in more but without the finish.

Reach and Bannan stood out for good play, Hector looked a disinterested liability. Hutch and Joey are chalk and cheese, Hutch is better.

Our corners were rubbish and we lack pace down the wings

Matias had a couple of good chances but, like Fletcher with his, didn't take them. Good to see Winnall, thought he looked lively.

Overall, I thought we just edged it on play but couldn't find the finish we needed.

Luton's fans were loud

Thought the boos at the end were a bit pathetic