Wednesday -V- Luton (FA Cup) OMDT

9 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

And? That's Greater London.

What more evidence can you want than their airport called it?

https://mapit.mysociety.org/area/2247.html

This is a link to the Greater London Authority map.

As you can see, Luton is about 20 miles away from being in Greater London. As a useful comparison, that's like saying Clay Cross is in Sheffield.

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Had to Google jute. Some bizarre words in that wiki answer! As threads go, most on OT wouldn't last as long as a gunny cloth bag. wtf?! :biggrin:

Speaking from experience here

Strung a row of tomato plants using jute - snapped as soon as fruit started to swell and they all ended up on the ground  :mad:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Speaking from experience here

Strung a row of tomato plants using jute - snapped as soon as fruit started to swell and they all ended up on the ground  :mad:

Is strung not past tense of string then? Would have worked much better. As for your fruit swelling in the garden, I fear for your neighbours.

:duntmatter:

15 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

We’re not the favourites - Luton are 11/8 and we’re 11/5...! 

Not entirely surprising given the two club’s fortunes since mid-October.

Worth barring in mind that Luton currently have Mick Harford in caretaker charge, and he is an absolutely hopeless coach (under 25% win ratio as a manager across several spells at different clubs).

We also have better squad depth and several experienced older heads that should know how to handle the heat of the occasion.

Taking the emotion out of it, Wednesday are well worth sticking a few quid on tonight IMO.

Edited by The Captain

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 15:25, darklord said:

Well my kids are all waiting to see us win a game (Or even score) and only win I've seen since we were in  league 1 was v Carlisle last year.

But as one that rarely can afford to attend it always feel special regardless of the result. 

Also I managed to punch a high long ball away from my son's head which he did at least enjoy lol

Bet he wasn't happy having you depriving him of a story and a massive bruise to show everyone at school

Expect nothing less than a reaction from the players. This team should be showing their quality, dominating the ball, playing on the front foot creating chances.

Do I genuinely think we will, probably not. No more  excuses  for this set of players, shape up or ship out. 

Heart says we win, head says Luton will be more up for it and we'll go out of the cup with very little fight, blame squad rotation, fatigue, tactics etc

Now I've had a moan, we'll go and win comfortably 5-0. 

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Expect nothing less than a reaction from the players. This team should be showing their quality, dominating the ball, playing on the front foot creating chances.

Do I genuinely think we will, probably not. No more  excuses  for this set of players, shape up or ship out. 

Heart says we win, head says Luton will be more up for it and we'll go out of the cup with very little fight, blame squad rotation, fatigue, tactics etc

Now I've had a moan, we'll go and win comfortably 5-0. 

If our players who are all better than Lutons can't be up for a possible away trip to Chelsea on the tv. Then there is something seriously wrong with them all.

Edited by pazowl55