Wednesday -V- Luton (FA Cup) OMDT

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You do realise that Luton haven't lost in 12 games and are flying high at the top of their division. 

There was no guarantee we were going to smash them today. 

Not a great performance by any stretch, but the way some people are going on you'd think we'd lost 5-0 at home. 

Yes, Yes , No... and absolutely not.

I just expected a better performance than that.... and so did many others by the look of things

2 minutes ago, Owl in Nottingham said:

If you thought they were there for the taking.....you must have thought they were mediocre....so how does that make us outclassed?

I get that you might feel we should beat a team like that...and I would agree...but outclassed is harsh  

The clue's in the words.... We weren't ( meaning  WERE NOT )  try reading my post again

" We weren't outclassed, no... but it's another trek to Luton, that we don't need right now, and we could have sorted that problem by at least having a go... they really were there for the taking today, and we never bothered em. "

Edited by quinnssweetshop

1 minute ago, Freshfish said:

Not sure Bannon out is a problem. Would like to see a bigger and more physical pairing in there, with some pace. It's all too slow. 

We need to bring someone in. 

What do we have available at the moment? 

Joey, Reach and er ? 

Wasn’t a great performance but nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Luton looked well organised and showed some grit without creating anything. Some people seriously need to chill out. There will be bigger shocks than this over the weekend.

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Was poor. Let Luton control the game which wasn't great.

Reach was worse player by far looked like him and Hector had been on booze all night. 

The lads looked leggy and in hindsight we should have multiple changes.

Hector, Palmer, Pelupessy, Matias, Bannan and Nuhiu all had worse games than Reach. 

Reach was the only one who did anything.

4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Also thought he had a good game. Is it just me or were their players all huge? Reminded me of playing U12 footy against teams from pit villages where they’d all be 6ft+ with a full beard

and that was just the women

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Good battling performance against a dire, hard-working, organised, outfit.

Sometimes you have to acknowledge the opposition’s grit and determination to hang on in there. But yes, not much quality up front today.

We tried though. Well done Wednesday.

Good to hear the voice of reason.

Pointers for me were that Hutch makes a big difference allowing midfield to move forward more confidently.

Fletch always looks a handful for the opposition where as Nuhiu seems to drift wide on the right and try and do that hold possession thing... which just isn't working for him anymore.

Hector was not as good as he normally is. 

Accumulation of things makes us look a bit off it. But not terrible, or outclassed and certainly the booing is embarassing. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Not sure Bannon out is a problem. Would like to see a bigger and more physical pairing in there, with some pace. It's all too slow. 

I thought i was on my own thinking that 

i realise he's the messiah to some but I really think he's too lightweight  constantly shrugged off the ball again today   consequently overtires in challenge and now injured

this is an area we really need to address and have needed to for years 

ooops .. lol ... the problem is when BB * lol * is isolated and gets chased down or pushed off the ball. When he's got other stronger players around him he performs a zillion times better. If he isn't an option then maybe trying something different would be better. Hector + Onomah in the middle and two proper wingers.

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
14 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

We weren't outclassed, no... but it's another trek to Luton, that we don't need right now,

Why don't we need it right now?

Are we in Europe, the latter stages of the league cup?

We have a huge squad, players chomping at the bit to play after injury.

Edited by Bulgaria

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

I thought i was on my own thinking that 

i realise he's the messiah to some but I really think he's too lightweight  constantly shrugged off the ball again today   consequently overtires in challenge and now injured

this is an area we really need to address and have needed to for years 

For me, he plays in an advanced attacking midfield role, or he doesn't start. 

He's too small and lightweight to be trying to boss the central midfield area. 

1 minute ago, Freshfish said:

ooops .. lol ... the problem is when BB * lol * is isolated and gets chased down or pushed off the ball. When he's got other stronger players around him he performs a zillion times better. If he isn't an option then maybe trying something different would be better. Hector + Onomah in the middle and two proper wingers.

we may have no option but to try someone over 5ft 6in in midfield   we miss 6 footers like err lee

4 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Hector, Palmer, Pelupessy, Matias, Bannan and Nuhiu all had worse games than Reach. 

Reach was the only one who did anything.

Matias maybe and Hector wasn't great either.

But reach kept stumbling over ball and like a lot just looked a bit fatigued.

Unfair to single out Nuhiu though. And Pelupessy was better than Reach too at least he didn't trip over the ball or lose it.

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Why don't we need it right now?

Are we in Europe, the latter stages of the league cup?

We have a huge squad, players chomping at the bit to play after injury.

Stop being brainwashed by managers that say players get tired.

lol I'm not brainwashed.

It's a FA CuP game against a League 1 side who hardly get a few thousand. So it'll probably cost the club, more than they make out of it
The players need to concentrate on staying in the Championship, rather than risking injury from not being prepared on a cold winters night.
I'd sooner cut these injuries down... Bannan, Hutch etc was proof today.

We hardly gave a to55 today... a wasted chance.