Reach Theory

Listening to Bullen's comments about wrapping up Reach in Cotton wool, I think they're protecting our most valuable/saleable asset from serious injury to sell him to the highest bidder in the madness of January transfer window. This is how I think they're going to fund a promotion drive from Steve Bruce! 

Thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Listening to Bullen's comments about wrapping up Reach in Cotton wool, I think they're protecting our most valuable/saleable asset from serious injury to sell him to the highest bidder in the madness of January transfer window. This is how I think they're going to fund a promotion drive from Steve Bruce! 

Thoughts? 

Sounds like nonsense that mate. More like they are proecting him as hes an important assest and they dont want to risk a long term injury.

Im struggling to get this excitment about selling our better players. 

Maybe, I’d be happy for him to leave if we got more than 10 million for him any less not bothered , not ideal selling him but if it helped us 

Most teams do it they sell their big players and recruit clever again that’s how most teams stay away from ffp sometimes you have to let your best toys go and dc seems to be having issues letting go.

4 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Thoughts? 

Feel sorry for you 

4 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Thoughts? 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold in January, but if a deal was already lined up there's no way he'd have even been in the squad yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Working for Norwich. 

Derby do it most years and stay amongst the pack. 

Leeds have just lost their best player.

Its football. Has to happen.

Leeds are the example they have gained so much money for selling players and recruited well , Do you think Leeds fans are bothered about Chris wood now? Don’t think so they are sitting pretty with a group of players no one knows 

Edited by stocksyuto

This kind of thing happens all the time 

I have it on good authority that the reason Gary Hooper isn’t playing is because he’s off to Bristol in January. Apparently the deal was lined up last Christmas but Bristol didn’t have the money then and they promised us they’d have it in a years time. That’s why he hasn’t played for a year because we don’t want a potential injury scuppering the deal

Edited by Stoop
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Norwich sold James Maddison to Leicester for £25m. Reach has to be worth at least £15 - 20m on that basis.

Still wouldn't want him to go. It's taken him a couple of years to establish himself in our team and would probably take a new player the same. I think like Bannan he is happy here. Contracted to us till June 2021. 

Non of us want him to go but we need the money and if it keeps us clear of ffp and we can make signings then it’s probably for the best, He’s not the be all and end all of the team 

Reach took time to develop doesn’t mean every player takes that long , look at forestieri he made a impact from the start

Edited by stocksyuto
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Norwich sold James Maddison to Leicester for £25m. Reach has to be worth at least £15 - 20m on that basis.

Still wouldn't want him to go. It's taken him a couple of years to establish himself in our team and would probably take a new player the same. I think like Bannan he is happy here. Contracted to us till June 2021. 

If we get £15-20m for him I’d be more than happy to see him go. 

19 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Thoughts? 

That’s because your reading into something negative to protect yourself from thinking anything positive 

what I think is he was a bit tight after the boro game and tightened up in the WBA game do they brought him off as a precaution 

not sure why I think that....oh wait because that’s what Bullen said and I’ve no reason to look for a conspiracy theory 

• Like 1