Reach Theory

4 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Listening to Bullen's comments about wrapping up Reach in Cotton wool, I think they're protecting our most valuable/saleable asset from serious injury to sell him to the highest bidder in the madness of January transfer window. This is how I think they're going to fund a promotion drive from Steve Bruce! 

Thoughts? 

Blink GIF - Blink WideEye Look GIFs

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Listening to Bullen's comments about wrapping up Reach in Cotton wool, I think they're protecting our most valuable/saleable asset from serious injury to sell him to the highest bidder in the madness of January transfer window. This is how I think they're going to fund a promotion drive from Steve Bruce! 

Thoughts? 

Or maybe he's got a tight hamstring 

I think reach as show cased his talents enough over the last two years somebody of his nature and the fee him will command will be known about already 

Let’s be right it’s not a free transfer to a lower league move looking to catch an eye is it 

7 hours ago, Stoop said:

This kind of thing happens all the time 

I have it on good authority that the reason Gary Hooper isn’t playing is because he’s off to Bristol in January. Apparently the deal was lined up last Christmas but Bristol didn’t have the money then and they promised us they’d have it in a years time. That’s why he hasn’t played for a year because we don’t want a potential injury scuppering the deal

He might as well go, doing us no good him being here!

7 hours ago, Beholder said:

Selling Yr best players to fund a promotion drive is like cutting off yr arms to make you run faster. 

Liverpool in recent years have sold Suarez and coutinho who were their best players at the time. They seem to be doing ok.

7 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Maybe, I’d be happy for him to leave if we got more than 10 million for him any less not bothered , not ideal selling him but if it helped us 

Most teams do it they sell their big players and recruit clever again that’s how most teams stay away from ffp sometimes you have to let your best toys go and dc seems to be having issues letting go.

I honestly thought that was just common sense

I love the logic of some people; Adam Reach the player who has, more or less, our best and most consistent player from the last 2 (if not 3 seasons) picks up a knock that if he stresses it, will become a potentially long term injury, so the automatic thought is that we want to sell him, not that the club think he's better off missing 1-2 games rather than 10-12 weeks.

Flawless logic. :ghoulguy:

I don’t know what will happen this summer but I just want to see our best players all on the same pitch, in the positions they should be in, playing in a system that gives us a chance to play some decent attacking championship football for a couple of months until they start tearing this side up. One last hurrah for this group of players just to see what could have been. 

Call me a soppy sod but I’d keep hold of Reach for now just for that reason alone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beholder said:

Selling Yr best players to fund a promotion drive is like cutting off yr arms to make you run faster. 

Not necessarily and if Bruce has insisted in having some money to bring players he wants in - it’s the obvious way to achieve that.

And if selling one of our best players allows a more solid team which finishes higher and the end of the season then it would be a good move.

9 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Thoughts? 

Remember when we sold dalian Atkinson to villa and brought in 3 players (Paul Williams,Danny Wilson ???? ) and won promotion... it’s feesible! 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

Remember when we sold dalian Atkinson to villa and brought in 3 players (Paul Williams,Danny Wilson ???? ) and won promotion... it’s feesible! 

Certainly do,thought the world had ended when we sold DA.

I can see it now Nuhiu to Man City for 25M,job done DC :Chansiri: