Bruce - Football Focus today

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I suppose there is also the role DC plays in this He did say that he hoped to sort out the financial situation in January, so maybe that is taking more time than he thought. Perhaps that restructuring is dependent on Bruce taking the job?

Judging by his reported wage, the restructuring would probably be easier if he didn’t take the job.

Really hope Football Focus have got this one wrong. 

Totally understand Bruce wanting Christmas off with the year he's had, losing his parents so he wanted to spend it with his family. 

However him not coming in until the end of January hints at a lack of commitment to me, and does suggest he might be leaving his options open. He should have looked at our recent results and know we are capable of an outside chance for 6th. It would be one of his greatest achievements. I'm sure he can suggest a couple of players he wants, but how can he know properly until he's had a few training sessions working with the players? By the time he's had this, it will be too late to make changes.

2 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Correction.  Dan Walker’s wife is a wednesdayite.  Dan supports Crawley Town.

Pays attention to swfc tho for obvious reasons.

He was a student in Sheffield and went to our home games back when they used the north west triangle. Think it was only a tenner. 

Has a soft spot for us for sure. 

12 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Aye but there’s a difference between holding out for one of the great coaches/footballing minds of this century and a revolving door second division manager who failed in his last job.

Too much waiting around in my opinion, move onto other targets, who preferably don’t want paying £2 million a year.

I agree that it would be disappointing for him not to start until the end of January but I think it is best to reserve judgement on this until there is more news on it as other reports suggest the beginning of January. 

As for failing in his last job, I suppose not getting a club the size of Villa promoted is a failure but he only missed out by 1 game. The style of play and early results under Dean Smith showed improvement but this has leveled out of late and they don't look anymore likely to get promoted without Bruce than they did with him at this time. Also worth taking into account the terrible year he had on a personal level.

1 hour ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Correction.  Dan Walker’s wife is a wednesdayite.  Dan supports Crawley Town.

Pays attention to swfc tho for obvious reasons.

He once said he supported us on the TV.

1 hour ago, Carbone said:

Really hope Football Focus have got this one wrong. 

Totally understand Bruce wanting Christmas off with the year he's had, losing his parents so he wanted to spend it with his family. 

However him not coming in until the end of January hints at a lack of commitment to me, and does suggest he might be leaving his options open. He should have looked at our recent results and know we are capable of an outside chance for 6th. It would be one of his greatest achievements. I'm sure he can suggest a couple of players he wants, but how can he know properly until he's had a few training sessions working with the players? By the time he's had this, it will be too late to make changes.

Probably wants Good Friday, Easter Monday and May Day off, but then again he did walk out on the blunts, so must have some sense. I don’t get this ‘parents’ thing, when it happened to me I needed something to take my mind off it, everyone to their own I suppose.

On 29/12/2018 at 12:34, SiJ said:

End of January? 

So...our great plan is to bring in the new manager after the January transfer window has shut? 

Sounds about right. 

Are Agnew and Clemence going to watch another 8 games before actually coming in? 

Chansiri will charge them £46 per game, quids in. 

On 30/12/2018 at 00:35, TheEnd1976 said:

Appointment of Steve Bruce will be announced Sunday or Monday 

8 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Bruce will be announced on Wednesday.

On 29/12/2018 at 20:08, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He'll be appointed 2nd of January.

On 29/12/2018 at 12:47, camffiti said:

my prediction of Jan 9th will be reyt ;-)

On 29/12/2018 at 12:29, HIGHERSTATE said:

Announced apparently Bruce to take over at the end of Jan..delayed due to family committments

And i always thought owlstalk itk was the place to go for news

• Haha 1

Have a good source that informs me we are announcing on the 31st Jan that Bruce will be taking over in the summer, and the club are going to tease it all of January like we are going to sign a superstar player 

Reason because Bruce booked Vegas for March and a Caribbean cruise for May weeks ago