Bruce - Football Focus today

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It’s an unnecessary risk, to not have a manager in place by the beginning of January As I said, what’s wrong with him taking the job now, and then given permission by Wednesday to take a few weeks to sort out his private affairs We cannot go through January without a full time manager

Exactly.

If he is the only that DC wants then we will have to be patient. I gather Bruce has agreed terms so he could sign today and then come in at the end of January. I am sure he can still have a say in the January transfer window, although I don't think many will come in. As for outgoings, DC will run each past him, can see him being happy if players leave that he wants to work with including Westwood.

3 hours ago, squonk said:

Because he might just have compassion for a grieving family 

I know its a difficult concept 

The bereavement / compassion matter is understandable.

But timescales - another 4-5 weeks, seems a bit excessive.

We've been down that route with Joe Kinnear before, call me cynical but I'll only believe Steve Bruce is our manager when he is our manager. 

A great signing if we can get him.

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

End of January? 

So...our great plan is to bring in the new manager after the January transfer window has shut? 

Sounds about right. 

Are Agnew and Clemence going to watch another 8 games before actually coming in? 

Agnew and Clemence are clearly freeloading closet fans who are trying to eek out as many free by matches under the pretence that they may eventually be employed by the club. DC-get then a couple of Iplayer memberships and have done. 

6 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I think Clem has slipped up here. I can’t see us waiting that long. 

The story was he was spending Christmas and New Years celebrations with family. Unless he’s suddenly become Robert the Bruce and is holding out for Hogmanay, I think someone’s got their story wrong here. 

Next it will be held up for Valentine's Day, then Easter. I expect his appointment just before the playoffs start.

46 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s an unnecessary risk, to not have a manager in place by the beginning of January As I said, what’s wrong with him taking the job now, and then given permission by Wednesday to take a few weeks to sort out his private affairs We cannot go through January without a full time manager

He'll be appointed 2nd of January.

8 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Yes seen a couple of pictures going round social media of him having pictures with Rangers fans.

Let’s have a look then 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Disagree. I don’t think it will be end of Jan but if he’s the best candidate and nothing is really spoiling I’d rather we took the time 

True, but he isn’t the best candidate no matter what Let’s hope, if it is Bruce, this is sorted next week

Edited by gurujuan