Bruce - Football Focus today

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This is weird The appointment of Bruce, though not my number one choice by any means, made sense in the short term, because he’d be able to wheel and deal in this window So what happens if Bullen now leads us away from the drop zone, wouldn’t we better waiting until the summer before deciding on a new manager?

And conversely what happens if we lose our next six games on the bounce? Fans will be berating the club for putting all our eggs in one basket. 

Odd agreement if true. 

2 hours ago, rawowl said:

I’m sure Bruce will be involved heavily with transfer dealings without him being involved in training or matchdays. 

I dont see the big panic. 

Its almost as if the t'internet and mobiles phones no longer exist i'ntit 

Guest addedtime
13 minutes ago, squonk said:

Its almost as if the t'internet and mobiles phones no longer exist i'ntit 

But why be involved but not involved 

Just now, stocksyuto said:

To be fair it could work out well bullen could have us near top 6 by end of jan if we stay consistent then Bruce comes in and gives us that final push to get play offs 

Well we could just stick with Bullen if he gets us that far, and save ourselves a bundle

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I was happy to wait until New Year was over but another month is ridiculous . Time to move on.

Be patient Bob and cheer thi sen up. We are winning AGAIN. 

Guest addedtime
11 minutes ago, squonk said:

Because he might just have compassion for a grieving family 

I know its a difficult concept 

In which case he shouldn't be involved. You are either the manager or not. I've twice had compassionate leave from work after my parents died. I was off work. Not doing bits and pieces

Given the timing, in relation to the transfer window, he needs to either be confirmed as our manager, or we look elsewhere. What happens at the end of January If we can’t agree terms? What’s to stop him taking the job, but then we allow him until the end of January to deal with family matters. His assistants, working alongside Bullen, can work on any transfer dealings until Bruce is able to return Waiting for six weeks, four of them spanning the transfer window, is simply not acceptable

Edited by gurujuan

57 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If this is indeed the case we really need a bit of confirmation from the club surely, just to let us know what’s going on. Probably to much to ask though. 

Why do we need to know though ?  lol crazy if you think you have that right.

34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Given the timing, in relation to the transfer window, he needs to either be confirmed as our manager, or we look elsewhere. What happens at the end of January If we can’t agree terms? What’s to stop him taking the job, but then we allow him until the end of January to deal with family matters. His assistants, working alongside Bullen, can work on any transfer dealings until Bruce is able to return Waiting for six weeks, four of them spanning the transfer window, is simply not acceptable

I will just add, maybe it will have little effect, and all our transfer dealings will be dealt with by the recruitment team. By all accounts, they are still in place, so may even have a list of deals they would like to complete. I’m sure that Steve Bruce wouldn’t be happy with that, but quite frankly, unless he’s our manager, it has fizz all to do with him

It’s an unnecessary risk, to not have a manager in place by the beginning of January As I said, what’s wrong with him taking the job now, and then given permission by Wednesday to take a few weeks to sort out his private affairs We cannot go through January without a full time manager