Cardiff in for Forestieri

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Meh.

Really couldn't care if he goes.

Always injured or out for one reason or another.

Great talent but I doubt we will see him hit the sort of highs he did in his first season.

Personally, I think we need a complete clear out. Far too many players on big wages, who are past their best. 

Yep far too many of our players signed lucrative extensions and I think far too many are comfortable. It’s an epidemic running through the club.

Needs a massive clear out and a start again. Hopefully we can stay up, steer clear of FFP and loads of them will be off in the summer when their contracts are up.

Bannan and Reach the only two I want to stay. Under a fresh management and direction they are two top players at this level. Unfortunately if we are fooked with FFP they are the only two who would fetch some coin. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can we find the thread after he refused to play for the club and a very select few of us argued he should have been sold then. 

I don't agree with dredging up past posts (unless it puts me in a good light) .. but I can't help but agree here....he should have been got shot of.

£5m would cost the buying club around £10M for a two yr deal with wages. Injury would be a concern for most clubs except the mega clubs who might take a chance but he ain't good enough for them.

A buying club would think, fooookin ell we could end up like Wednesday paying £2m wages for FA.

Or stay here if wages ain't good enough,  we would need to give him away for 2/3M to tempt a buyer

And that's assuming we have 100% ownership....he does come from the 'Watford connection'

Might be why we have allegedly turned big money down in the past.

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can we find the thread after he refused to play for the club and a very select few of us argued he should have been sold then. 

Agreed he should have gone then at the peak of his value. 

I said that at the time. 

Instead, we have an older, injury prone player who is temperamental at best. 

Never repaid the club for his new contract and it’s loyalty to him. 

Worth max £5-6m if we are lucky. 

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I don't agree with dredging up past posts (unless it puts me in a good light) .. but I can't help but agree here....he should have been got shot of.

Agree. You’ve got to move players on at the height of their value. Like Reach. He will never be worth more than what he is now. 

As great as hindsight is, and it’s not something I preached at the time, we should have sold whilst his stock was high.

Two failed promotions & a player that wanted out. Any other team would have sold him, or agreed to, before he got to a point where he refused to play...got big bucks for him and used that to invest in the squad.

Like I said. Hindsight is great. But you see the likes of Derby who have had multiple failed promotion tries...and fails, they reassess...sell players that they have to and bring in fresh blood.

We would have HATED it at the time. And I do have the benefit of hindsight now. But I’m not DC or his advisers and I don’t earn my money to run a successful football club. What’s obvious to a fan a year and a half later should have been picked up at the right time by the people in charge.

Id put a few players in this category. DC’s no selling policy is biting us because we’re now stuck with too many players, wrong side of 30,  on big wages who we can’t get rid of and maybe can’t afford to even play. Players who haven’t played in ages and other managers know were desperate to sell or shift for fractions of their genuine value.

Only player we’ve sold is Hunt. Ironically, that was probably one of the last players who should have gone if we knew we couldn’t replace him in the market.

• Like 1

Just now, FlyingOwl said:

As great as hindsight is, and it’s not something I preached at the time, we should have sold whilst his stock was high.

Two failed promotions & a player that wanted out. Any other team would have sold him, or agreed to, before he got to a point where he refused to play...got big bucks for him and used that to invest in the squad.

Like I said. Hindsight is great. But you see the likes of Derby who have had multiple failed promotion tries...and fails, they reassess...sell players that they have to and bring in fresh blood.

We would have HATED it at the time. And I do have the benefit of hindsight now. But I’m not DC or his advisers and I don’t earn my money to run a successful football club. What’s obvious to a fan a year and a half later should have been picked up at the right time by the people in charge.

Id put a few players in this category. DC’s no selling policy is biting us because we’re now stuck with too many players, wrong side of 30,  on big wages who we can’t get rid of and maybe can’t afford to even play. Players who haven’t played in ages and other managers know were desperate to sell or shift for fractions of their genuine value.

Only player we’ve sold is Hunt. Ironically, that was probably one of the last players who should have gone if we knew we couldn’t replace him in the market.

Nothing to do with hindsight or his value at the time. He refused to play for the club. 

Pack yer bags lad. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep far too many of our players signed lucrative extensions and I think far too many are comfortable. It’s an epidemic running through the club.

Needs a massive clear out and a start again. Hopefully we can stay up, steer clear of FFP and loads of them will be off in the summer when their contracts are up.

Bannan and Reach the only two I want to stay. Under a fresh management and direction they are two top players at this level. Unfortunately if we are fooked with FFP they are the only two who would fetch some coin. 

I’d even consider letting bannan go for the right place 

We need a complete overhaul and changed philosophy in the way we play