Biggs - Bruce - Not a cure all

So changing the manager will not change anything really.

So Steve Bruce comes in and the first thing he does is change the line up giving us an experience backbone, he plays players in their favoured positions and players such as Bannan become attacking threats again instead of what he currently is a holding defensive midfielders covering for the fact Pelupessy is not good enough.

He get the whole squad to pick from not just the kids and the players not out of contract in the summer and unlike the current manager he believes that a footballer should be fit enough to play more than 1 game in 7 days. He also does not change a winning team or the back line every game keeping one formation not playing different ones every game. Players get used to playing a certain way and with certain players so are able to anticipate what their team mates will do in certain situations

Tell me again Steve Bruce, Me, the tea lady, Ozzie Owl any of us with no experience or years of it could do a better job of it with the players we have than the current manager. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

If we rejected bids for Westwood and Jones, that is outrageous.  

Knowing what we know now about our finances, which the club would have known about for longer, rejecting £3M for Westwood is mental.

Then there is the continued wages we have paid him that would have been freed had we sold him. 

Nothing surprises me anymore. 

After JL said KW was his third choice keeper as well. Let’s hold out for nothing in January and pee off what had been a great servant in the meantime. 

Seems like nothing changes in terms of fuckwittery at the top of our club.

If someone would have offered us 3 million straight cash for Westwood he would have been gone. 

There were probably all sorts of stipulations attached to it. If it even is the correct amount. 

Ok we may be daft sometimes. But that daft.

If something seems to strange to be true, then it probably is.

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

After JL said KW was his third choice keeper as well. Let’s hold out for nothing in January and pee off what had been a great servant in the meantime. 

Seems like nothing changes in terms of fuckwittery at the top of our club.

It’s so crazy you feel like you must be missing something. Bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If someone would have offered us 3 million straight cash for Westwood he would have been gone. 

There were probably all sorts of stipulations attached to it. If it even is the correct amount. 

Ok we may be daft sometimes. But that daft.

If something seems to strange to be true, then it probably is.

Stranger than giving Fletcher a 4 year contract?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It’s so crazy you feel like you must be missing something. Bizarre. 

Paper talk though isn’t it?

Itd be incredible if we actually turned down 3 million - and lost the chance to get a big wage off the balance sheet.

Yet we let Rhodes go out on loan?

Take most of it with a pinch of salt.

If true - the Chairman is even more crackers than I thought.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Billions? I heard he was paid in bucket loads of diamonds. 

The bucket of diamonds is based on an appearance clause. Fortunately we stopped playing him before it kicked in. 

One thing about Bruce that I like...there was some herbert at villa who wouldn't come to training because his electric gates were jammed shut.

He went down to his house and clambered over them to confront him by all accounts.

I doubt there'll be any skulking about or nonsense when he comes.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

One thing about Bruce that I like...there was some herbert at villa who wouldn't come to training because his electric gates were jammed shut.

He went down to his house and clambered over them to confront him by all accounts.

I doubt there'll be any skulking about or nonsense when he comes.

McCormack 

• Thanks 1

Selling for 3m and his wages gone would’ve been a hefty saving. Same for Jones assuming his wages were covered.

Could understand sticking to our guns a bit more if we were going to play him! But it’s been an issue for a couple of years as we’ve had several bids for players but we’ve always wanted more. Fair play if it comes off as we’ve been taken for mugs in the past but we’ve not got the balance right have we. If we’d compromised we’d save face and probably avoid all this nonsense with FFP. 

£3m for KW was actually more like £5.5m because you save his wages too. I believe it, we’ve seen DC cut his/our nose off to spite his face before. Has to find a way to move on in these situations.

The irony is, we may well land our best manager under DC’s tenure at the worst possible time.

As for the rest of it.....we have so many issues the task confronting any new manager is staggering. So much so, I suspect that two or three managers from now there will still be some residue of this situation left over.

Edited by Morepork