JOS SAYS WE'RE LIVING IN THE PAST

Primary qualification for Wednesday fans is we are obliged to live in the past. Greatest football team of all time (statistically) was the 1929 side. No one will ever equal the success of that side (Man U 1999 are in second place), so what’s his point? I’ll give him his tram fare to the aerodrome and no mistake. Bring back Bob Brown.

I wouldn't say he's wrong.

Not many fighters in our team.

Probably the most unathletic and lopsided team in the league.

Needs years to fix - this is why Jos could have been a solid option to oversee it. He just needed to survive till the summer.

But quick fix Bruce will be here signing 33yr old Curtis Davies and 30 year old David Meyler and thats if we're lucky.

We'll probably finish 15th with no signs of excitement until he signs Tom Huddlestone at 32 year old in the summer. Wooooooooo

Oh god, Jos please stay

I won’t celebrate any blow losing his job, and some of the stuff on here is OTT, but I’ve absolutely no idea how he has survived. My best guess is that Bruce is the man, but the issue is his pay. Suspect he will be on more money through the Aston Villa garden leave, than we will pay. As a result, why would he take another job. And don’t forget Calderwood, Clemence, Agnew etc. All come with a cost. Furthermore, our recent track record of negotiations with Villa aren’t the best (Hutton and Bennett). 

My concern is that we will fluke a win somewhere and that will add some kind of justification to him remaining. And buy him another month. The Xmas fixtures are tough, and we need that dead cat bounce as a matter of urgency. 

• Like 1

There are shades of the past about this situation  ‘right job wrong time’ anyone?

imo the only possible excuse for Jos not tending his garden is the people we have approached have either laughed at the explained situation or suddenly remembered they have a holiday booked 

You k ow what? He can get to fooook. I'm living in the present when it comes to Wednesday, a present where I'm paying the highest prices in the league to watch kids who aren't up to the job while seasoned pro's sit on their backsides earning more in a month than anyone on here earns in a year. I long for the time he's in our past. I want him out ASAP because he's ruining football for me. 

• Thanks 1

You would like to think it was lost in translation again, but quiet frankly he knows and we know it wasn’t.

We just need Katrien to come out and call us all customers and the circle will be complete.

We desperately need Jos out of the club, I’ve never seen a more stubborn individual in all my life.

Awful appointment in the first place, wish he would go back and live in his past of semi retirement before he decided he needed one more pay day from us.

Awful Awful Awful 

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

2-3 years in the past - with the more or less same squad that made it to the play offs. Minus Hunt 

Doesn’t make a strong case for his manangement skills 

Minus Hooper, Lee, Loovens, Wallace, Westwood for whatever reason,  others like Pudil are older, slower and coming to the end of their careers. 

It might be similar on paper, but on the pitch it's nowhere near the same really.

Jos is completely full of sh#t, but so is the squad he's inherited.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Needs years to fix - this is why Jos could have been a solid option to oversee it. He just needed to survive till the summer.

But quick fix Bruce will be here signing 33yr old Curtis Davies and 30 year old David Meyler and thats if we're lucky.

We'll probably finish 15th with no signs of excitement until he signs Tom Huddlestone at 32 year old in the summer. Wooooooooo

Oh god, Jos please stay

Nice try Jos.

• Haha 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Oh god, Jos please stay

Tom Huddlestone is better than ANYONE that we have in our midfield and Davies is BETTER than all our defense. I’d be over the moon!!

I can't get my head around this personally. We are awful at the moment but I don't think we can say Jos has a good squad available. No one knows who he can and can't pick, despite what is said by the club. Don't trust them as far as I could throw them. 

However, I was screaming for CC to go for nearly a year. We blew our chance and didn't realise it would be so difficult to sustain financially. We are a fractured shell of what we had and in that respect, Jos is right, we are living in the past a bit if we think we should HMSpiss a tough league with the current squad. 

Happy for Jos to go but I'm not screaming for it because no one knows what he or the next person is up against. Not a happy camp at Hillsborough and that goes way beyond Jos. 

Edited by Mystic Neg