JOS SAYS WE'RE LIVING IN THE PAST

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

Gentlemen, face facts, our defence is, and has been for a number of years, CRAP.

Our defence equalled our clubs clean sheet record 3 seasons in a row under Gray and Carlos

4 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Whether Jos leaves or not is totally immaterial. A quick look at the league table shows where our troubles lie, and have for the past six seasons at least. We are alongside Stoke City, who are in 10th place, and we have scored as many goals as us. We have a young keeper who, despite the criticism, is performing excellently. Unfortunately, he is keeping out one of the Wednesday favourites, and so mus carry the blame! Nevertheless, week after week, we score, then sit back and relax, and lo! we're suddenly behind. Most of the goals seem to have been coming from the centre of the defence, which usually is wide open. We have conceded more goals than any other Championship club, yet we complain that Hooper and Lee are not playing - both attacking players.

Gentlemen, face facts, our defence is, and has been for a number of years, CRAP. We blame this on rotation, but this is simply a means of fitting the proper round pegs in the round holes. How we do this I don't know, but then I'm not Manager at SWFC thank the Lord.  

Thought singing for Westwood the other game was a bit off but not sure about this statement.

5 hours ago, Jamie_W said:

We aren’t expecting to be winning cups, Jos. We expect our best squad to be picked and playing to the best of its ability. Your version of Wednesday is not achieving either of these things. We should thank you for giving some young players a chance, but in short, get out.

the very last thing anyone can call a wednesday fan is a 'POT HUNTER', none of us support wednesday because we expect us to win something, though we live in eternal hope.

in all the decades i've been watching us apart from promotions we've won one league cup, so we're hardly the side to follow for those with great expectations'. 

HOWEVER, we do hope that our side will take the field with some idea, with some will to win, to wear the clubs shirt with pride and passion (though some will omit passion). we do expect the bloke sending them out to have some idea of how to set a side up to play together, to step in and alter matters when not going well.

tbh jos, all i've seen so far is a bloke who can 'PARK A BUS', and was lucky enough to have had nuhiu at the back end of last season needing a new contract.

we've seen some 'baba' here at s6 for managers over the years, you're putting your name right up there with the worst of them, but rightly, or wrongly in their thinking, i'm struggling to think of one who looked like he hadn't a single idea in his head, and you have that look all the time. 

38 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Whether Jos leaves or not is totally immaterial. A quick look at the league table shows where our troubles lie, and have for the past six seasons at least. We are alongside Stoke City, who are in 10th place, and we have scored as many goals as us. We have a young keeper who, despite the criticism, is performing excellently. Unfortunately, he is keeping out one of the Wednesday favourites, and so mus carry the blame! Nevertheless, week after week, we score, then sit back and relax, and lo! we're suddenly behind. Most of the goals seem to have been coming from the centre of the defence, which usually is wide open. We have conceded more goals than any other Championship club, yet we complain that Hooper and Lee are not playing - both attacking players.

Gentlemen, face facts, our defence is, and has been for a number of years, CRAP. We blame this on rotation, but this is simply a means of fitting the proper round pegs in the round holes. How we do this I don't know, but then I'm not Manager at SWFC thank the Lord.  

dawson made a bad mistake at the weekend, no one will know that more than him, but it's likely he has enough 'credit' in the bank to overcome it (and i think it showed in the crowds reaction, as i heard no abuse of him).

football fans will (in general) will always want to 'ATTACK', but you are correct our defence 'IS CRAP' but there is a 'defensive' m/f failing in front of that (most of the time), and a forward line that can't hold a ball up, or play together.

i do wonder overall, that our first thought when 'selecting' a defender is IF he is a 'ball player' and can pass, rather than 'DEFENDING' needing to be his 'primary skill'?

The side may need freshening up to become a real playoff or top 2 side not to survive!!! 

All squads need changes every season. The fact is our side is far better than its current situation. The same players have proven they can defend properly and we have a better set of defenders now including the young players yet they defend at the moment like a bottom placed Sunday league side. Jos has two ways to defend 1 absolute without being able to attack or 2 open the flood gates and that doesn't even come with a king Kev Newcastle style attack (which would at least be entertaining).

Jos has failed from day one. Carlos should have been sacked sooner so we would have had real options. Then moved comfortably  away from danger. Instead he ended up having to gamble on a guy who admits he had never seen an English game. Unbelievably he must be the only person on the planet who had never watched a Premiership game!

If the club don't act now we risk being caught short again and being left with no real options.

Chansiri has made a lot of bad choices, I do feel he wants the best for the club and for success. Just need him to learn quickly.

I'm not advocating Jos, I think he's awful. However, sir Alex won the premier League getting the last drop out of his ageing squad. He left knowing they were at the end and hed have to do another rebuild . 

Those saying that Jos inherited a team that came 6th and 4th, forget that when he took over were languishing at the bottom end and the coach who had got them to those lofty positions had also struggled and quit/was pushed. 

The squad needs a complete overhaul and I think part of the problem is in the dressing room where lots of players know they are going to surplus to requirements very soon. They're picking up a wage for doing nothing. 

It's difficult because Jos knows he has to blood youngsters but they're not fully ready yet. They're hardly the class of 92 that Fergie was able to call on. But even then he still had the likes of Bruce, Pallister, Mclair and Hughes hanging around and making appearances guiding the young ones. 

Can he blame me for living in the past with the present & future he's currently serving us?

Show you're aggressive and hungry to succeed, get up and shout the team into action when they wee wee about out there on the pitch... hands in pocket retreated as far back as you can on your bench... so defensive and defeatist and doing those post-match reviews admitting things didn't go well... Well, time to fess up and do something about it during the match!

5 hours ago, Rogers said:

Hopper and Lee are still in the squad aren’t they? 

Loovens was a welcome exit for many 

Do these 3 players take you from top 6 and playing attractive football, to bottom half playing non attacking boring drivel 

Hooper and lee are seemingly permanently injured. Lees needs loovens or someone like him to hold his hand.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
14 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Lets give them 5 year deals!

We'll be top of the league at "Walking Football"

Where did I ever say 5 year deals? Would be superb additions for a season and a half though. They were Derby’s best two players less than 2 weeks ago at Hillsborough.  But if you would prefer to watch Pelupessy tvvat about in midfield then ok lets say I’m wrong.:dry:

On 11/12/2018 at 01:49, Walesbar owl said:

Well why not show him what's it like living in the past

Football crap ,crowds like in the dark years  in 70s 

7,440 turned up against Oxford

Keep turning crap out ,then crowds will be same as the past

Jos says we're living like it is 3 years ago.

Unfortunately for him (and us) we're still paying top of the table prices for the pleasure of watching Fox and Baker as wing backs. 

If Jos were English some on here would call him a dinosaur ..he's not much younger than Claudio Ranieri (for the benefit of younger readers, he won the prem a couple of years ago, with a small town club called Leicester City)

Me? Jos is hopeless...no ageism involved or needed.

I'm living in the past....I think most Wednesday fans are..The bloody present?..Its a travesty....

If Wednesday fans were not living in the past, what would we aspire to?..Living in this f.ookin' dogs breakfast?

We go there actually HOPING to move backwards, back towards the time when a manager actually picked his BEST team, back to a time when most fans could recite the teamsheet knowing only who was fit and who wasn't....

Back to a time when a manager didn't pick the team by pulling names out of a hat, but on ability...

How can you look to the future, when all you see is crap...

Yea....I'm living in the past...It beats dying in the present

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 12:39, Hirst1867 said:

Our defence equalled our clubs clean sheet record 3 seasons in a row under Gray and Carlos

And we have one solitary player left in the side from that record breaking defence,We had Westwood,Hunt @ RB  Loovens LEES, Sasso if required and Pudil was left back