Time to flex our collective muscle

8 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

NO new manager will be able to solve the issues Jos currently faces.

BUT every out of work manager and his dog will apply because they want to be Employed!

Yes they will. Don’t talk nonsense. 

All leave on 80 minutes......oh sorry we already do.

Seriously though, other than staying away altogether which doesn’t help the team it’s difficult to see what will get Chansiri moving in the right direction.. 

How about a planned turning of backs for 5 minutes during a televised game. That wouldn’t be missed by the media.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Nah,black balloons is where its really at,20,000 of em being waved,that'll show the buggers we mean business..............................;-)

Do you know of a latex company that may produce them?

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

5 minutes ago, Blatter said:

All leave on 80 minutes......oh sorry we already do.

Seriously though, other than staying away altogether which doesn’t help the team it’s difficult to see what will get Chansiri moving in the right direction.. 

How about a planned turning of backs for 5 minutes during a televised game. That wouldn’t be missed by the media.

:biggrin:

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

didn't we do some sort of protest back in the 90s where someone blew a whistle and we were all supposed to turn our backs to the pitch …..I don't think it was success and I don't think walking out after 20 minutes will either . …..a far better bet is to sing something about" we want chansiri out "but I doubt many would do that . 

Most of these protests just turn out to be half hearted, and quite frankly, embarrassing If you don’t like what you are paying for, stay away It’s not as dramatic, but it’s better for your sanity In the long term, the club still gets the message

I dont like idea of organised protests.

I am not a big fan of Chansiri and JL but think organised protest is too much.

Not saying I would never support an organised protest but would have to be on something like what happened at Blackpool for me to join in.

For me if losing a playing rubbish in next few games the crowd will leave people in no doubt what they think about things which is fair enough.

Ok, I get that recent performances have not been great, but i look at the league and we are 16th. Could be better, but could be worse with a team in re-build and has been under embargo. I get that ticket prices are ridiculous, we shall see if that changes over time and when the season ticket prices come out will be a big test. But we are playing youth players (which we weren't before which caused Hirst and Clare to go), we have our stripes back and the club are doing fan zones and doing odd things that were wrong before.

I guess my question is, Protest? What? Is the situation that bad in 16th that we need a protest? really? What is your expectation of Sheffield Wednesday? Mine was about mid table. If we beat Rotherham we will be mid-table. I don't like losing but all this protest and must sack a manager every 12 months talk doesn't seem to be the answer to me. The club needs a clear football philosophy, Like Bournemouth, Southampton, Watford. Either that be playing youth and stylish football like Bournemouth, or good scouting and development like Southampton, or Watford who have good scouting and rotate the head coach to get results. Wednesday has no clear plan throughout the club in regards to football strategy, Jos in playing youth and talking about signing younger players is the first man to dare talk about this, If he goes, because we must stop up i get that, then if things don't change above the head coach then we will be here next year complaining and calling for another head coach to go.

I don't mind who does it, but the club needs a football philosophy created by football minds with football experience. I think Jos is thinking of this, but he can't be head coach and control this as well. The club needs re-organising and a long term plan putting together. I don't think just shouting for Jos to go outside the South stand will fix anything. If Jos left today, we are 16th, we would probably finish around 16th. We need a clearer strategy from the club, not just a new head coach.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Ok, I get that recent performances have not been great, but i look at the league and we are 16th. Could be better, but could be worse with a team in re-build and has been under embargo. I get that ticket prices are ridiculous, we shall see if that changes over time and when the season ticket prices come out will be a big test. But we are playing youth players (which we weren't before which caused Hirst and Clare to go), we have our stripes back and the club are doing fan zones and doing odd things that were wrong before.

I guess my question is, Protest? What? Is the situation that bad in 16th that we need a protest? really? What is your expectation of Sheffield Wednesday? Mine was about mid table. If we beat Rotherham we will be mid-table. I don't like losing but all this protest and must sack a manager every 12 months talk doesn't seem to be the answer to me. The club needs a clear football philosophy, Like Bournemouth, Southampton, Watford. Either that be playing youth and stylish football like Bournemouth, or good scouting and development like Southampton, or Watford who have good scouting and rotate the head coach to get results. Wednesday has no clear plan throughout the club in regards to football strategy, Jos in playing youth and talking about signing younger players is the first man to dare talk about this, If he goes, because we must stop up i get that, then if things don't change above the head coach then we will be here next year complaining and calling for another head coach to go.

I don't mind who does it, but the club needs a football philosophy created by football minds with football experience. I think Jos is thinking of this, but he can't be head coach and control this as well. The club needs re-organising and a long term plan putting together. I don't think just shouting for Jos to go outside the South stand will fix anything. If Jos left today, we are 16th, we would probably finish around 16th. We need a clearer strategy from the club, not just a new head coach.

I hope you have got broad shoulders

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

That is the thing that disappoints me most of all. I was hoping that a clear strategy would be put in place so that whoever the head coach was it would continue as we developed. TBH I thought that strategy was moving forward in CC's first season but as with most plans you have to be fearless and not look to the short term which is exactly what happened as we sought not to lose games rather than go out and win them. How we turn it round depends on DC appointing a coach who wants to play attacking football and stick with the ethos...let's face it if Bournemouth can do it then we certainly can and as we know once we get rolling in the right direction then we will get behind the team and it will snowball.

• Like 1

The best way to protest would be not renewing season tickets when the time comes around.

The pay on the gate prices have already priced out a section of supporters, a big hit on season tickets would be a nightmare for Chansiri (And any club outside the top flight).

Anyone who is a season ticket holder right now isn't really achieving anything by not bothering going - He's already had your money so you may as well go. That said, it doesn't stop being vocal inside the ground.

None of that will happen though - Too many people will say "Yeah, but we had a day out at Wembley and it's better than when Dave Allen was here"

Is it really though? If Chansiri sticks around for another couple of years the combination of high prices and poor management at top levels will only lead the club back down the same path.

I don't think any realistic supporter ever expects us to be the next Manchester City, but for goodness sake it doesn't excuse the mistakes being made time and time again, which whilst ever people continue to help fund will do nothing except make Chansiri believe he's doing a good job.

Either suck it up and stop moaning or do something about it like that lot across the City would do, or even those up the M1, who made their voices clearly heard when they wanted Cellino gone.