Time to flex our collective muscle

24 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

The club needs a clear football philosophy, Like Bournemouth, Southampton, Watford. Either that be playing youth and stylish football like Bournemouth, or good scouting and development like Southampton, or Watford who have good scouting and rotate the head coach to get results. Wednesday has no clear plan throughout the club in regards to football strategy,  

This is the best bit of your post. I agree here. 

The other bits you might get a lot of stick for. 

16th isn’t good enough with the prices DC wants to charge us for everything.

He went ‘full gamble’ and now he’s spent all he can - now we’re stuck with these prices in this situation. 

how about being a bit more diplomatic?

Yea I know...I'm one to talk lol

But, bearing in mind, no one wanted this situation, no one wants to be in this situation, and Mr Chansiri being Mr Chansiri, I very much doubt shouting about it, protesting, even boycotting will move him, it may even harden his position.

So...send a petition, , to him, and also the local media outlets..Lets be honest, they take stuff from here anyway, so we might as well give it 'em.

The Petition should simply put forward our complaints and worries in a proper manner, questions about FFP and the plan for going forward next season.

He obviously doesn't have to answer, but if he doesn't..ALL the more radical stuff is on the table isn't it?

We can say...Well we tried doing it properly and got nowhere, So we were left with no option.

At least we have then taken the diplomatic route first...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Ok, I get that recent performances have not been great, but i look at the league and we are 16th. Could be better, but could be worse with a team in re-build and has been under embargo. I get that ticket prices are ridiculous, we shall see if that changes over time and when the season ticket prices come out will be a big test. But we are playing youth players (which we weren't before which caused Hirst and Clare to go), we have our stripes back and the club are doing fan zones and doing odd things that were wrong before.

I guess my question is, Protest? What? Is the situation that bad in 16th that we need a protest? really? What is your expectation of Sheffield Wednesday? Mine was about mid table. If we beat Rotherham we will be mid-table. I don't like losing but all this protest and must sack a manager every 12 months talk doesn't seem to be the answer to me. The club needs a clear football philosophy, Like Bournemouth, Southampton, Watford. Either that be playing youth and stylish football like Bournemouth, or good scouting and development like Southampton, or Watford who have good scouting and rotate the head coach to get results. Wednesday has no clear plan throughout the club in regards to football strategy, Jos in playing youth and talking about signing younger players is the first man to dare talk about this, If he goes, because we must stop up i get that, then if things don't change above the head coach then we will be here next year complaining and calling for another head coach to go.

I don't mind who does it, but the club needs a football philosophy created by football minds with football experience. I think Jos is thinking of this, but he can't be head coach and control this as well. The club needs re-organising and a long term plan putting together. I don't think just shouting for Jos to go outside the South stand will fix anything. If Jos left today, we are 16th, we would probably finish around 16th. We need a clearer strategy from the club, not just a new head coach.

Totally agree with the Bold and I would think most would like to see this club run more professionally  even if it takes a few years slow rebuild 

Given the now obvious failure of the initial plan promotion in 3 years 's  which in effect was an all in gamble  It's then debatable whether our owner is capable of devising a rebuild strategy 

Can we get the owner out with protests  i'm not sure as he could simply sit in Thailand and let us rot ala Charlton .  I've said before he appointed a CEO who has a degree in taking perpetual ever escalating protests on and ignoring them 

I seriously question  whether we had a plan for failure. I assume the FFP and new P&S have seriously impeded his plans.    So saying that HE has to decide to go then he has to find a buyer until then 

we have to hope things are being planned

re changing the coach even given the restrictions under this regime it's my opinion that we simply need a new face to lift us out of what i think is a tailspin to a bottom 5 battle  this could be temporary appointment 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

This is the best bit of your post. I agree here. 

The other bits you might get a lot of stick for. 

16th isn’t good enough with the prices DC wants to charge us for everything.

He went ‘full gamble’ and now he’s spent all he can - now we’re stuck with these prices in this situation. 

Agree he needs to bring ticket prices down. But the next window for that is probably when season ticket prices come out. If he were to bring them to championship average pricing and actually comes out and says we are in re-build under a new regime under Meire and Jos and whoever is head coach? Would it really be that bad? He needs to re-align expectations and pricing until we sort out the contracts and ridiculous signings we have previously made.

I feel there are issues about the manager, and then deeper issues about the running of the club. They inevitably intersect. The lack of response to managerial failure is a symptom of the deeper issues.

All the same they are distinct. The deeper issues won't solve themselves. But in JL we now have a manager who, sadly, seems quite unable to organise or even motivate his players. The one decisive and in its way effective tactical gambit he has used was the ultra-defensive approach which took a point this season in the derby and last season at Boro. Beyond that, there is nothing.

I do not think the current squad of players is anything like as bad as the results now being generated, and frankly our results are a bit better than our performances warrant. We have a squad that could properly led finish - well, maybeeven  top half, but certainly with no need to be in the relegation dogfight.

If JL stays I hope this post can be dug up and quoted for fun in a few months time, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Saturday 22nd December we play Preston at home. 

As the game passes the 60th minute, with us trailing 2-0, the few fans present will start leaving. We will finish the match 3-1 losers with less than 5,000 Owls fans to see the final whistle. 

This will be JL’s final match. 

We will meekly accept the change in manager, rather than demanding it now whilst it still might make a difference. 

Fans of other clubs would have demanded this weeks ago.  But that’s not the Wednesday way. 

Edited by i used to be sc_owl

25 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Agree he needs to bring ticket prices down. But the next window for that is probably when season ticket prices come out. If he were to bring them to championship average pricing and actually comes out and says we are in re-build under a new regime under Meire and Jos and whoever is head coach? Would it really be that bad? He needs to re-align expectations and pricing until we sort out the contracts and ridiculous signings we have previously made.

I for one am all for bringing prices down, been my pet subject on here ever since Chansiri put them up.

But weren't multi year season tickets put on sale a year ago on the promise those were the best deal.

Doesn't look good if you go back on that before even first game of some peoples tickets have been played.

Regarding the never-ending moan about prices - yes, I feel they are too high, but forget about them being reduced. The club is already losing money, and the tactic of cheap tickets for certain games fell flat. In fact, gates have shown that lower prices do not attract customers. 

Get real, people. The prices are here to stay, unforunately.

7 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

As the game passes the 60th minute, with us trailing 2-0, the few fans present will start leaving. We will finish the match 3-1 losers with less than 5,000 Owls fans to see the final whistle. 

We will meekly accept the change in manager, rather than demanding it now whilst it still might make a difference. 

Fans of other clubs would have demanded this weeks ago.  But that’s not the Wednesday way. 

Some people said the crowd reaction to the defeat at home to Norwich was 'toxic' and 'disgusting'.

Think if losing v Rotherham and playing badly the crowd will leave little doubt of their feeling about things. Probably join in myself which is something I dont normally do. 

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

Regarding the never-ending moan about prices - yes, I feel they are too high, but forget about them being reduced. The club is already losing money, and the tactic of cheap tickets for certain games fell flat. In fact, gates have shown that lower prices do not attract customers. 

Gates have shown that "One off" prices don't attract...nor do 4 or 5 match packages....The price needs to be lower for a full season...Thats what drives fans away...Thats the only way to bring them back in my opinion.

You EVEN have folk who can well afford it, not going...You EVEN have season ticket holders who have already paid...not going..

It needs something drastic...The product ON the pitch is garbage..So you have to look OFF the pitch

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Get real, people. The prices are here to stay, unfortunately.

The high ticket prices have been a PR disaster for the club. Were always going to a stick for people to beat the club with when results turned sour.

Would say to Chansiri can you afford not to lower prices. In past I would have moaned about a poor season but wouldn't have seriously crossed my mind not to renew season ticket .But part of me now thinks why should I go that extra 10% and go without a foreign holiday this year or upgrade my car to pay for the clubs mistake over past 2 years. 

9 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Have you been on another site for the last 2 months? This site has been full of the theme 'Jos out, Chansiri out'. for all that time. Fans have always started leaving at least 210 minutes before the end , even when we have been WINNING. Newcastle fans have been campaigning for change for 5 years, and they are a much better supported club than us. It hasn't happened. Blackpool campaigned for 'Oyston out' - where are hey now?

It's not a case of meekly accepting change. Change comes about more with external pressures such as performance, finance etc.

28 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

If that’s the case I can see the gates next season being the lowest since the 70s. Other than season ticket holders and away fans there is no one going now. 

The club needs a real drive to re-engage with the fans. It’s laughable that during the Bolton game we were still advertising £90 gold memberships

Edited by nilsson
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sibon said:

No. Not in that way:goalie:

As it is becoming clear that Jos wont be sacked, despite his pitiful performances this year, is it time for a proper show of strength?

I’m not a fan of chants against the club during games, or booing, or even scapegoating. I do think that we should do something though.

We could boycott the game, or turn up en masse 20 minutes in. Or all stay afterwards and make a hell of a noise to make ourselves properly heard.

Or we could just meekly accept this crap.

I’d be very interested in your opinions. How can we make ourselves heard?

Or we could get 35,000 there on Saturday against toy town and as one voice let the manager and the chairman know exactly what we think of them.

Support the club and the team but not the other two they are both a disgrace and the reason the club is sliding toward the relegation zone.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

how about being a bit more diplomatic?

Yea I know...I'm one to talk lol

But, bearing in mind, no one wanted this situation, no one wants to be in this situation, and Mr Chansiri being Mr Chansiri, I very much doubt shouting about it, protesting, even boycotting will move him, it may even harden his position.

So...send a petition, , to him, and also the local media outlets..Lets be honest, they take stuff from here anyway, so we might as well give it 'em.

The Petition should simply put forward our complaints and worries in a proper manner, questions about FFP and the plan for going forward next season.

He obviously doesn't have to answer, but if he doesn't..ALL the more radical stuff is on the table isn't it?

We can say...Well we tried doing it properly and got nowhere, So we were left with no option.

At least we have then taken the diplomatic route first...

I like this approach. An open letter from the fans. Circulate on social media and suggest that a "like", "retweet" or "share" constitutes your approval for the letter to be sent on your behalf and therefore is not just an OwlsTalk thing - get some numbers to put behind it. Letter should be written by someone with excellent English skills and contain some direct questions for response.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Or we could get 35,000 there on Saturday against toy town and as one voice let the manager and the chairman know exactly what we think of them.

Support the club and the team but not the other two they are both a disgrace and the reason the club is sliding toward the relegation zone.

You’re expecting thousands of POTGers to turn up on Saturday and pay £39 on the south?

12 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Count me out. I'm being dragged off for a dirty weekend wi our lass. 

Don't know which is worse at the mo. 

Hillsborough, or Scotland wi our lass. 

I recall being asked to kiss a young woman somewhere dirty, so I took her down to Bramall Lane.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have got some French friends coming over and conned them by saying its a protest about fuel prices 

Going to be confusing when the stewards try and shift them