Our next manager???.

24 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

This is completely insane but no less insane than those calling for our manager to be replaced by mid table mick who was chased out of Suffolk with pitchforks for being so wretched.

he was chased out of suffolk by clowns thinking 'tiptap' was the cure all to their problems, whilst mick actually got the chop for not being able to produce a miracle with a budget of five bob and a blackies egg for the umpteenth year running.

remind me how much they've improved since getting shut of the talentless dinosaur? where are they in the table?

31 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

‘We need stability’

SO LETS SACK THE MANAGER AND COACHES.

Ever heard of the phrase backing the wrong horse?

Cardiff fans are gutted they didn’t give Russell slade or Paul Trollope longer to get things right. They had to settle for Warnock and his promotion ideas 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

What on earth are you on about?

Two years ago....Nov 2016..... we were on our way to finishing fourth.

Some folk are never satisfied.

You obviously wanted Carlos out. You got your way. Happy?

NO, far too late, at that time any team that put us under pressure would win, Rotherham etc, but before that, alarm bells were ringing for me.

The players were fit after the Gray years, we were organised and only needed fine tuning. Instead Carlos came and all that went out of the window, the discipline in the team went in favour of FLAIR, which worked for the 1st half of Carlos's 1st season, then it became obvious to me and others that we had been sussed out, clog the m/f, close down Bannan and Lee and you would stop Wednesday.

We never moved on from there, that's why I wanted a change then, it was Francis all over again.

We never seem to learn, always making the same mistakes and hoping for a different result. In this division size, power and pace will always succeed, over small and technical.

IF we ,as a club want to move forward then we have to wake up to the fact of WHO we are now, not in the past, and plan for the future, the next 5 seasons, not the next 5 games.

7 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

We could do a lot worse than Paul Warne.

He seems like a decent bloke, but I’m not sure he’s done enough to manage a club of our size Go down, and maybe young managers can be considered, with a 2 or 3 year rebuilding job needed. Now though, we have to do everything within our power to try and stay in the division, even if it results in sticking plasters

11 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

We could do a lot worse than Paul Warne.

Who knows. Might do a job.

Problem is that lose a few games on the spin and he'd be "too inexperienced"...."doesn't know the division" ..."jobs come too soon in his career" etc etc. 

Young managers probably need more patience than the older ones if we're honest. But they rarely get it. They certainly wouldn't get it here. 

Look at the young lad Hurst at Ipswich. 

Similar age and experience. Done decent jobs at Grimsby and Shrewsbury. 

Goes to Ipswich to apparently change the football style and philosophy...gets the boot after just 15 games because it wasn't instant.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The players don't like it now, or some of them don't at least. Having someone brusker might make things even worse?

There's no easy answer to this one.

Every time a club gets a new manager it's a gamble.

Situation we're in is probably an even bigger one.

True it might, but perhaps a different character might get a different response if they keep everyone involved (assuming they can financially). but I think if someone can get most people (fans) pulling in the same direction and say the right things to the support that would help. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Problem is that lose a few games on the spin and he'd be "too inexperienced"...."doesn't know the division" ..."jobs come too soon in his career" etc etc. 

Young managers probably need more patience than the older ones if we're honest. But they rarely get it. They certainly wouldn't get it here. 

Goes to Ipswich to apparently change the football style and philosophy...gets the boot after just 15 games because it wasn't instant.

To be fair, you have to win at least a few games.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

They won’t get it in this division, especially here, where contrary to popular opinion, I don’t believe DC sees this as a three rebuilding process In fact, I reckon he’s still clinging to the hope that Jos will go on a run that carries us into the play off places. Results, and more importantly, performances, have made that extremely unlikely

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

good point but that's the game now

IMHO DC created this extra pressure with the desire to spend whatever it takes to get 'promotion in 3 years 'quote which was bolstered by that first season of fresh air and optimism 

I