Our next manager???.

I know he made a mess of his last opportunity at Ipswich but I still think Paul Hurst would be a good fit for Wednesday. He knows the club, knows English football & he’s available at the right price. I also bet he’d be keen as mustard to make us a force in the division. 

Edited by Concrete Owl
Afterthought.

1 minute ago, Concrete Owl said:

I know he made a mess of his last opportunity at Ipswich but I still think Paul Hurst would be a good fit for Wednesday. 

I wanted this lad pre Jos and still think even with Jos there he’d be good addition to come in and join coaching set up. 

Until the current rent manager is sacked however he, like my beloved club have my full support. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

But...but...He's English, he knows the league. ...the culture. .. He's young people. ...did  I mention he was English? ..but...but...

Having said he struggled at this level, he showed enough promise in League One, to be a potential candidate, if we go down

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Our next manager must appease both the Chairman, CEO and the SWFC business and League requirements.

• Must not spend any money
  • Must sell best players.
  • Must let some players leave for nothing but can't use them while they're hear.
  • Can't pick players with clauses or bonuses. 
  • Can't bring own coaching staff as budget too tight.
  • Must built top 6 championship  side with youth team
  • Must be on the books or an associate of some shady agency. 
  • Did we mention you have no transfer budget?
  • Must improve slack squad discipline and proffesionalism. 
  • Can't say anything bad about the club in the press.
  • Can't pick own transfer targets. Which is just as well anyway because, I don't know if we mentioned it but you won't have one si gel penny of transfer budget until you have sold the family Jewels by which time the fan boys will lynch you and we'll get a new bloke in and he'll have nothing to spend either.
  •  

Whilst also appeasing the fan base. 

• Must sack squad discipline and proffesionalism and allow slack players to do what they want to appease middle age fan boys who think they are their freinds because they spoke to them once at a reserve game.
  • Mustn't be on the  books of some shady agency. 
  • Must pick 'best players' whether fit or not. Suspended by the FA or not. Whether in the country or not. 
  • Must shout a lot in dug out. Wave arms animatedly. (Air kicks hugely well received. )
  • Must make gags in press conference and make people laugh but also sound cocky and mention Henersdson relish, steel and how much the derby means.
  • Must not expose youth players (anyone under 23) to toxic Hillsborough but not also not sign anyone who's ever had a knock or is over 28. 
  • Must play attractive football. We'd rather lose 4-3 and be entertained.
  • Except when we're losing when we say we don't care about attractive football we've only ever been bothered about winning.

Anyone with a decent reputation will be queuing around the block for this gig. 

Lets see.....

Must immediately drop any under-performing player while maintaining a settled line up

Must blend youth in gradually but under no circumstances put any of them on as a substitute when we're winning 2-0 with 5 minutes to go

Must be a disciplinarian who applies the rules to everyone, but who must bow down before the 'senior' players

Mustn't have favourites who are undroppable but must always use certain players if they are fit

Must take a long term view of squad rebuilding while never losing more than 2 successive games

How can that possibly be an unreasonable expectation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Having said he struggled at this level, he showed enough promise in League One, to be a potential candidate, if we go down

Can't have him now finished in the game. ...we need experience when we go down...someone who can handle big chatacters. ...someone back to basics.....4-4-2 get in the mixer.....not a bit of a kid.. What? He's from Sheffield?......why didn't you say....get him in....perfect for the job...does he know how much the derbies mean? Terrific.....Let's get him now! Etc etc 

In my very humble opinion I don't think Jos will be gone too soon.

I think he will be given the next Window, hopefully get rid of either Westwood, Hutch and send Onomah back to Spurs and use £20k a week of the money saved on a forward with pace and a better Def/mf .

I wont hold my breath tho over Westwood or Hutch doing the decent thing.

20 minutes ago, Concrete Owl said:

I know he made a mess of his last opportunity at Ipswich but I still think Paul Hurst would be a good fit for Wednesday. He knows the club, knows English football & he’s available at the right price. I also bet he’d be keen as mustard to make us a force in the division. 

How does he know the club?

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Paul Hirst looked completely out of his depth at this level

I know I'm going off at a tangent, but he went to a club where he was expected to change the footballing culture without any significant investment. Pep Guardiola would have looked out of his depth in similar circumstances.

Hursty had been a management success at every level prior to Ipswich. One failure doesn't mean he's out of his depth. He is the kind of manager I'd love at S6 but he would need time to build a squad of the type of player he needs and to get us playing the way he wants.Trouble is a lot of us would be on his back after just a couple of defeats.