Our next manager???.

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

So far it is restricted to a group of old men who were good managers 10 years ago.

Where are the young managers?

2 years ago I posted about bringing in Dean Smith or Paul Cook, I saw the way it was going to end then, as I said then "It'll all end in tears'.

What on earth are you on about?

Two years ago....Nov 2016..... we were on our way to finishing fourth.

Some folk are never satisfied.

You obviously wanted Carlos out. You got your way. Happy?

42 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I tell you what.

I'll stop living in hope.

You stop living in expectation

We'll both move to realism.

And ....we'll be in exactly the same situation.

It’s when you live in Castleton that you’re really fooked, as it’s beyond Hope. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Whilst we're all clutching at straws..... 

Could Stevie Haslam become our wilder?? 

In reality we need a wheeler dealer in that knows how to deal with an obstinate chairman and can steady the ship with what we have. Then sell off the assets in January (I know many on here  will be up in arms over the thought) and bring in some solid cheap deals with the right mental attitude /attributes to take us safely to mid table that relish a battle and will put a shift in. 

We've seemingly missed the one who was a tailor made safe pair of hands to secure our championship status this season to ROI......and who more importantly was actually interested in coming here.

We only recruit managers out of work, or who haven't worked for several years  so that reduces the options, so when the inevitable does happen, can expect some obscure  european lower league nomark, which will likely  be a waste of time. 

By no means too good to go down, don't expect we will but suspect procrastination will cost us a closer shave than it needs to be. If the worst does happen, then will be fully deserved and can have no complaints.

Edited by striker

Whoever it is I hope its a contract to the end of the season. Then complete rebuild next season.

We need experience, a young exciting manager would be killed her with the club and fans as they are at the minute. 

I wanted Mccarthy, but would take a Megson, O'niel type till May. Jakanovic ideally but he'd never come

I'm a football Dinosaur. For me Football is simple. You pick a style of play and unless you're playing Manchester City or somone of that calibre you stick to it. (The Bl4d3s are not of that calibre Jos)

If your lucky enough to have competition for places then you rotate, but you keep the spine of the squad together each week. These players have to have fitness levels to be able to cope with this.

You don't change your back four if you can avoid it.

If you've picked players on the subs bench, you have them warming up during the game for ninety minutes during the game. If you see someone isn't pulling their weight during the game you bring them off. If the player you bring on does not resolve the problem position, you bring him off.

If your players are good enough they are old enough. You should always have the door open to players coming through from your youth team. You'll only find out if they are good enough if they play.

If the opposition Manager turns up at Hillsborough and trys to ref the game you don't let him, and you try and ref the game yourself and get the fourth official involved if the ref seems to think your side is trying to rough up the Premier League has beens, when in actual fact it's the other way round.

You work on chance creation, winning free kicks in the right areas. How to defend set pieces and how to create chances from set pieces.

You play to the strengths of the players you have in the squad, and you buy players to improve your first eleven.

If you see your forwards are disinterested in running back from off side positions when we're trying to play more direct then you bring them off.

You don't allow players to run through midfield unchallenged, if you're midfielders allow this you warn them of the danger, and if they still can't see it, you bring them off.

You want your captain to be in the back four and you expect him to take control of defensive situations developing in front of him. He'll need another CB to cover for him. You have to choose your captain and other players here wisely as you can't go around swapping and changing them or taking them off during the game. Stability is key here, and as the centre backs don't have to go running up and down the field if you're playing well then they should be able to play week in week out, if you've made the right signings in the first place.

Over the years I've seen all of the above from a hand full of successful manager's at Hillsborough.

I don't think we have bad players in our squad, but the first team is clearly being mismanaged again.

I agree with the comments in the opening thread.

There is only one Manager who can turn this mess around.

And his name: Gary Megson

That said, given how devisive his name appears to be at Hillsborough. As an alternative I'd also happily see Ian Holloway given a chance, but I fear the players will eventually have us in exactly the same position we're in today in twelve months time.

You also don't allow the away fans to decorate Hillsborough to their liking and if you see this kind of thing going on, you get the stewards to remove it.

DSC_0203.JPG

Edited by Ozymandias Owl

3 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Like I said in OP, same old Dinosaurs.

One of them could do a job as DoF though.

A dinosaur who worked recent wonders at Ipswich despite the heavy restraints.

We shot at the moon and missed. There will be no more stellar signings, and one by one our best players will be sold.

Now really isn’t the time to be gambling on an up and comer. We’re basically Ipswich now, and chucking MM for Hurst proved to be a disastrous move. We need stability, as at the moment we’re not a viable championship club, both on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, Comeonwednesday said:

Let’s face it we cannot afford to sack Jos and replace him with someone from outside the club so we need to look inside.

Bullen, Haslam, Thompson, Jos’ sidekick, Weaver, no thanks, don’t fancy any of ‘em.

So, now what do we do

Get shut of Jos and Reynierse (presumably we would have to pay their contracts up, at least for a year?) and give the job to Hutchinson.

He has said he desperately missed football when he had ‘retired’ and really relishes the involvement which he clearly does not have at the moment. Even if he went to QPR he would only play a third of the matches.

He has the charisma and talent to steady the ship and stop the slide down the table.

This would be a no/minimum cost option and at least he would then play himself (when fit) and probably others with the necessary experience and skill to get us out of this terrible mess we are in.

I know Pudil, Jones, Boyd and Palmer are not fantastic players but they are better than the hapless three who are currently occupying key roles in the side.

Mr Chansiri has a duty to act and he needs to do it now.

This is completely insane but no less insane than those calling for our manager to be replaced by mid table mick who was chased out of Suffolk with pitchforks for being so wretched.

1 minute ago, pussface said:

A dinosaur who worked recent wonders at Ipswich despite the heavy restraints.

We shot at the moon and missed. There will be no more stellar signings, and one by one our best players will be sold.

Now really isn’t the time to be gambling on an up and comer. We’re basically Ipswich now, and chucking MM for Hurst proved to be a disastrous move. We need stability, as at the moment we’re not a viable championship club, both on and off the pitch.

‘We need stability’

SO LETS SACK THE MANAGER AND COACHES.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be honest I thiink Hector has been a relative success. Though obviously yesterday succumbed to become one of the lads in his defending for two minutes!

I'd imagine someone has to leave in January.

We're in embargo and then we're not.  Something must have happened and I presume it's the promise of outgoings or wage bill cuts.

yeah! we are 'fumbling in the dark' with this issue, as i posted before the rest of football will know more than us, and i expect that's because it's not great news.

but if it is correct it might well have us fielding offers of £3/4m for £8m+ value players because of the situation.

you don't get top dollar in a 'fire sale'.

This situation does require some experience and a thick skin. Basically Luhukay but someone who acts as a more relatable figurehead and a clear communicator as I think this has been an issue for a while. Although the players might not like that old school method. I think the best man for the job just got another one!

16 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

‘We need stability’

SO LETS SACK THE MANAGER AND COACHES.

we don't 'need stability', if we stabilise where we are at present, picking one point up from 18 we'll finish bottom, not only go down, we need to improve, if we can't, then hold the manager accountable as would any and all football clubs, even the amateur ones. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Whilst we're all clutching at straws..... 

Could Stevie Haslam become our wilder?? 

In reality we need a wheeler dealer in that knows how to deal with an obstinate chairman and can steady the ship with what we have. Then sell off the assets in January (I know many on here  will be up in arms over the thought) and bring in some solid cheap deals with the right mental attitude /attributes to take us safely to mid table that relish a battle and will put a shift in. 

Surely someone like Hurst with experience would be ahead in the queue 

Just now, Bluesteel said:

This situation does require some experience and a thick skin. Basically Luhukay but someone who acts as a more relatable figurehead and a clear communicator as I think this has been an issue for a while. Although the players might not like that old school method. I think the best man for the job just got another one!

The players don't like it now, or some of them don't at least. Having someone brusker might make things even worse?

There's no easy answer to this one.

Every time a club gets a new manager it's a gamble.

Situation we're in is probably an even bigger one.