Our next manager???.

24 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Our next manager must appease both the Chairman, CEO and the SWFC business and League requirements.

• Must not spend any money
  • Must sell best players.
  • Must let some players leave for nothing but can't use them while they're hear.
  • Can't pick players with clauses or bonuses. 
  • Can't bring own coaching staff as budget too tight.
  • Must built top 6 championship  side with youth team
  • Must be on the books or an associate of some shady agency. 
  • Did we mention you have no transfer budget?
  • Must improve slack squad discipline and proffesionalism. 
  • Can't say anything bad about the club in the press.
  • Can't pick own transfer targets. Which is just as well anyway because, I don't know if we mentioned it but you won't have one si gel penny of transfer budget until you have sold the family Jewels by which time the fan boys will lynch you and we'll get a new bloke in and he'll have nothing to spend either.
  •  

Whilst also appeasing the fan base. 

• Must sack squad discipline and proffesionalism and allow slack players to do what they want to appease middle age fan boys who think they are their freinds because they spoke to them once at a reserve game.
  • Mustn't be on the  books of some shady agency. 
  • Must pick 'best players' whether fit or not. Suspended by the FA or not. Whether in the country or not. 
  • Must shout a lot in dug out. Wave arms animatedly. (Air kicks hugely well received. )
  • Must make gags in press conference and make people laugh but also sound cocky and mention Henersdson relish, steel and how much the derby means.
  • Must not expose youth players (anyone under 23) to toxic Hillsborough but not also not sign anyone who's ever had a knock or is over 28. 
  • Must play attractive football. We'd rather lose 4-3 and be entertained.
  • Except when we're losing when we say we don't care about attractive football we've only ever been bothered about winning.

Anyone with a decent reputation will be queuing around the block for this gig. 

ha ha class

When we parted company with Carlos last season, i suggested Steve McClaren as a replacement who was reportedly keen to come to SWFC. Anyone care to note where QPR currently sit, arguably with inferior resources to Wednesday? Just saying :luhukay:!!!!! WAWAW

6 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I know I'm going off at a tangent, but he went to a club where he was expected to change the footballing culture without any significant investment. Pep Guardiola would have looked out of his depth in similar circumstances.

Hursty had been a management success at every level prior to Ipswich. One failure doesn't mean he's out of his depth. He is the kind of manager I'd love at S6 but he would need time to build a squad of the type of player he needs and to get us playing the way he wants.Trouble is a lot of us would be on his back after just a couple of defeats.

He would face similar challenges here which wouldn’t be ideal. Jos is perfect for now, on a hiding to nothing and not complaining in having to do it. 

Results will  pick up, if we had chance to bring Hurst in as a coach / number 2 though I’d love him to take over after we’d navigated through next season or two. 

S36 Owl said:

Our next manager will come from exactly the same place as the last two ................... Doyen 

That is truly frightening as they will find some manager in Europe who has been unemployed for two years and has zero knowledge or track record in the Championship.

But these parasites will get their fee.

On the other hand we can all push DC in whatever way to say that the next manager has to have knowledge of and a track record in the Championship.

There’s not much out there to be honest. 

Don’t really fancy a Bruce/McCarthy/Megson type.

Would love Jakonovic but no chance he’d come. 

Young English managers? Hurst? Who else is there? 

Our best bet is probably another unknown foreign manager and hope he has a similar impact to Carlos in the first 2 years. 

I just can’t see Jos getting the sack!!!

its as though Chansiri would see this as a failure on his part so he is going to keep giving him chance after chance, 

We will probably beat Bolton and that will again convince DC to keep going with him but deep down he knows a change is required ASAP 

Most clubs would have made a change after the Utd game to give a new man 2 weeks to get his new ideas across and evaluate the players but DC made a huge error here IMO and missed the chance to give the whole club and players a massive lift

WAWAW

Edited by waddleisgod

4 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

There’s not much out there to be honest. 

Don’t really fancy a Bruce/McCarthy/Megson type.

Would love Jakonovic but no chance he’d come. 

Young English managers? Hurst? Who else is there? 

Our best bet is probably another unknown foreign manager and hope he has a similar impact to Carlos in the first 2 years. 

If Chansiri has any nouse at all he would be asking Jokanovic and Gray to come in  and see how they feel about it. 

The Wednesday job is not that terrible, there’s a starting eleven that can be formed that can win games in this league.

There’ll be some money for loans in January, and they can wheel and deal too 

42 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Our next manager must appease both the Chairman, CEO and the SWFC business and League requirements.

• Must not spend any money
  • Must sell best players.
  • Must let some players leave for nothing but can't use them while they're hear.
  • Can't pick players with clauses or bonuses. 
  • Can't bring own coaching staff as budget too tight.
  • Must built top 6 championship  side with youth team
  • Must be on the books or an associate of some shady agency. 
  • Did we mention you have no transfer budget?
  • Must improve slack squad discipline and proffesionalism. 
  • Can't say anything bad about the club in the press.
  • Can't pick own transfer targets. Which is just as well anyway because, I don't know if we mentioned it but you won't have one si gel penny of transfer budget until you have sold the family Jewels by which time the fan boys will lynch you and we'll get a new bloke in and he'll have nothing to spend either.
  •  

Whilst also appeasing the fan base. 

• Must sack squad discipline and proffesionalism and allow slack players to do what they want to appease middle age fan boys who think they are their freinds because they spoke to them once at a reserve game.
  • Mustn't be on the  books of some shady agency. 
  • Must pick 'best players' whether fit or not. Suspended by the FA or not. Whether in the country or not. 
  • Must shout a lot in dug out. Wave arms animatedly. (Air kicks hugely well received. )
  • Must make gags in press conference and make people laugh but also sound cocky and mention Henersdson relish, steel and how much the derby means.
  • Must not expose youth players (anyone under 23) to toxic Hillsborough but not also not sign anyone who's ever had a knock or is over 28. 
  • Must play attractive football. We'd rather lose 4-3 and be entertained.
  • Except when we're losing when we say we don't care about attractive football we've only ever been bothered about winning.

Anyone with a decent reputation will be queuing around the block for this gig. 

the above will  be true of all football clubs just about but for man. citeh, it's called expectation.

our problems lie in a governing body that brought in (for more than 50% of the time) the wrong player, at fantastic money, with a heavy % of them either  not fit, not good enough, or not wanted, add to that just about none were 'allowed' to leave (even if we could have found someone else to pay them the daft money).

until we are run in a different manner throughout the club, we aren't going anywhere.

btw 'the derbies' are the most important games of the season to 99% of the clubs supporters, why wouldn't the fans want a manager/coach to be switched onto that fact. 

49 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Paul Hirst looked completely out of his depth at this level

exactly its laughable he gets a mention for job , we are in that much a mess and I doubt chansiri has a plan b , if jos leaves he wont bring another manager in he will leave bullen in charge, but at min id have bullen any day ,at least he would have 5-6 extra players to choose from, maybe he could use david jones to help him as he clearly aint upto it on the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

If Chansiri has any nouse at all he would be asking Jokanovic and Gray to come in  and see how they feel about it. 

The Wednesday job is not that terrible, there’s a starting eleven that can be formed that can win games in this league.

they might have to be willing to settle for IOU's.

17 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

This

23 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yep, couldn't agree more. 

13 minutes ago, dnhc said:

the above will  be true of all football clubs just about but for man. citeh, it's called expectation.

I'm lucky in that sense. I live in hope rather than expectation.

Hope stops me getting depressed. Expectation is the enemy of happiness.

our problems lie in a governing body that brought in (for more than 50% of the time) the wrong player, at fantastic money, with a heavy % of them either  not fit, not good enough, or not wanted, add to that just about none were 'allowed' to leave (even if we could have found someone else to pay them the daft money).

until we are run in a different manner throughout the club, we aren't going anywhere.

Exactly my point really.

btw 'the derbies' are the most important games of the season to 99% of the clubs supporters, why wouldn't the fans want a manager/coach to be switched onto that fact. 

Why indeed. 

Luckily  our current manager was switched on to that fact.

Something he went to great lengths to point out in the pre-derby press conference. The fact he was aware of how much the derby meant and how it was a game we simply couldn't lose.

But it was twisted on it's head and made out that he didn't "get it" -despitr 15 minute solid video evidence to the contrary just because he didn't say "I hate the pigs me. I'll never drink int Banner again if we loys this"