Our next manager???.

8 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we don't care how successful you, and/or your dad are, you're NOT WELCOME at s6 because some of our narrow minded fan base won't accept your dads piggy links, and anyway we've masses of alternatives to chose from.

I told my Dad at the time it would be no good for my future career.

I am available and work cheap though.

1 minute ago, Malkmus said:

At Hillsborough he would have to build a new team for next season with no money while doing the fans bidding of playing all of the players set to leave at Christmas / the Summer.

Oh and identify which 1/2 of the current saleable assests and fan favourites to cash in on.

(for me Bannan)

Its not a job anyone would want (except for mercenaries) and remember as soon as he looses a couple the fans will call for his head...

If we go down, it won’t be a case of getting in an experienced manager to get us straight back up We will be shorn of our best players, plus all of the out of contract players, and be operating on a shoe string. Under those circumstances, it will be a 2 or 3 year rebuilding a young group in that lower league, and then, we could could consider someone like Paul Hirst

14 minutes ago, dnhc said:

you'd be better living in 'realism' unless hope with give us enough points at the end of the season, and it won't.

realism tells us we've taken ONE POINT FROM THE LAST 18, whilst hope say's 'we played better at times'.

I tell you what.

I'll stop living in hope.

You stop living in expectation

We'll both move to realism.

And ....we'll be in exactly the same situation.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

You're normally a balanced poster snoots but this is mostly baseless tag lines.

Do we have, for example, any evidence of being unable to play players due to contractual issues? In fact, everything I am aware of points to Jos not playing players because he doesn't want to. Nothing else. 

I think the implied kicks you give the club are a bit baseless.

Baseless posts? On this site? 

Never!

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I told my Dad at the time it would be no good for my future career.

I am available and work cheap though.

NO, and NEVER apply again, you may turn out to be the most successful manager ever at getting promoted from this division to the premier, but  WE DON'T WANT YOU, we'd rather be relegated than have you, or anyone like you.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I tell you what.

I'll stop living in hope.

You stop living in expectation

We'll both move to realism.

And ....we'll be in exactly the same situation.

i'm already living in realism, jump in it's shyte, but there are less 'shocks and upsets' ahead as you weren't expecting anything better.

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we go down, it won’t be a case of getting in an experienced manager to get us straight back up We will be shorn of our best players, plus all of the out of contract players, and be operating on a shoe string. Under those circumstances, it will be a 2 or 3 year rebuilding a young group in that lower league, and then, we could could consider someone like Paul Hirst

if jos proves to be not the correct appointment, the the next one HAS TO be the correct one, or you get the feeling the game is up.

1 hour ago, G.Reaper said:

When we parted company with Carlos last season, i suggested Steve McClaren as a replacement who was reportedly keen to come to SWFC. Anyone care to note where QPR currently sit, arguably with inferior resources to Wednesday? Just saying :luhukay:!!!!! WAWAW

He’s like Bruce - a decent record at this level but people just don’t like him.

Same with McCarthy to a lesser degree.

Classic case of emotions and subjective feelings overruling stats and past successes.

Not saying I would have him here but he has done well so far with an average QPR side - a fact that cannot be ignored. 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

4 minutes ago, dnhc said:

if jos proves to be not the correct appointment, the the next one HAS TO be the correct one, or you get the feeling the game is up.

No I don’t fancy a 3 year rebuild in League One either, but that’s what it will be if we go down We have to save our Championship status at all costs, and sticking with Jos looks too much of a gamble

Let’s face it we cannot afford to sack Jos and replace him with someone from outside the club so we need to look inside.

Bullen, Haslam, Thompson, Jos’ sidekick, Weaver, no thanks, don’t fancy any of ‘em.

So, now what do we do

Get shut of Jos and Reynierse (presumably we would have to pay their contracts up, at least for a year?) and give the job to Hutchinson.

He has said he desperately missed football when he had ‘retired’ and really relishes the involvement which he clearly does not have at the moment. Even if he went to QPR he would only play a third of the matches.

He has the charisma and talent to steady the ship and stop the slide down the table.

This would be a no/minimum cost option and at least he would then play himself (when fit) and probably others with the necessary experience and skill to get us out of this terrible mess we are in.

I know Pudil, Jones, Boyd and Palmer are not fantastic players but they are better than the hapless three who are currently occupying key roles in the side.

Mr Chansiri has a duty to act and he needs to do it now.

Just now, dnhc said:

so with our form at the end of last season you expected us to go on an extended run, taking just one point from 18 and not yet ended the run?

No not really.

I thought the new manager bounce would probably wear off and we'd bob about somewhere in mid-table this season. Maybe a little bit higher if we could sign a couple. 

We're a little bit below where I thought we'd be. But I didn't know we'd be losing 6 or 7 players and signing none at that stage. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

No I don’t fancy a 3 year rebuild in League One either, but that’s what it will be if we go down We have to save our Championship status at all costs, and sticking with Jos looks too much of a gamble

i have to (almost) agree, but i'd stick with jos for another week or two.

not sure who'd i'd appoint (either short term) to fire fight, or longer to rebuild after the firefight.

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

So far it is restricted to a group of old men who were good managers 10 years ago.

Where are the young managers?

2 years ago I posted about bringing in Dean Smith or Paul Cook, I saw the way it was going to end then, as I said then "It'll all end in tears'.

We gotta sack the current manager first cannot see this happening till January 

7 minutes ago, dnhc said:

IF you're talking of bringing in a firefighter till the end of the season, he'd want PAYING, i'm not sure we have that 'room' do we?

I would be looking to bring someone in on a contract until the end of next season.

Think someone like Holloway would take that 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

No not really.

I thought the new manager bounce would probably wear off and we'd bob about somewhere in mid-table this season. Maybe a little bit higher if we could sign a couple. 

We're a little bit below where I thought we'd be. But I didn't know we'd be losing 6 or 7 players and signing none at that stage. 

no tbh i thought we'd have a lil' more 'wiggle room' than it appears we have, perhaps/HOPEFULLY after we sell at Christmas we'll be able to bring loans in, but i'm not sure what 'quality' of loan will be available at that time.

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

no tbh i thought we'd have a lil' more 'wiggle room' than it appears we have, perhaps/HOPEFULLY after we sell at Christmas we'll be able to bring loans in, but i'm not sure what 'quality' of loan will be available at that time.

To be honest I thiink Hector has been a relative success. Though obviously yesterday succumbed to become one of the lads in his defending for two minutes!

I'd imagine someone has to leave in January.

We're in embargo and then we're not.  Something must have happened and I presume it's the promise of outgoings or wage bill cuts.