Is anyone actually nervous for Friday?

As a rule I don't get too worked up about football games. Ones I do tend to get nervy about are the big ones where it matters and I think we have a chance. So I wasn't all that bothered before the play off final: Hull were clearly nailed on favourites (even if we turned up). I was nervous before the Huddersfield semi. During games I am fine if it is going badly, but can become a wreck if we go a goal up.

Not too bothered about Friday. If it goes wrong I shall no doubt get a slightly mocking email from a very old friend who now lives in France, but since it's nice to be in touch with him that won't bother me. Social media will no doubt be unpleasant, but my innovative solution, readily implemented is to avoid social media.

Have similar feelings.

Our form/performances are so pathetic going into the match that I have zero expectation and not all that many nerves.

Like in Jan, I'm just hoping that we avoid a battering.

5 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

As a rule I don't get too worked up about football games. Ones I do tend to get nervy about are the big ones where it matters and I think we have a chance. So I wasn't all that bothered before the play off final: Hull were clearly nailed on favourites (even if we turned up). I was nervous before the Huddersfield semi. During games I am fine if it is going badly, but can become a wreck if we go a goal up.

Not too bothered about Friday. If it goes wrong I shall no doubt get a slightly mocking email from a very old friend who now lives in France, but since it's nice to be in touch with him that won't bother me. Social media will no doubt be unpleasant, but my innovative solution, readily implemented is to avoid social media.

To be fair the blunts fans seemed to have calmed down so far this season compared to the constant mocking last season (at least the people I know), its almost as if they feel sorry for us (which is even worse!!!!) :duntmatter:

24 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Feel exactly same. We are pants. Just see what happens but there’s that little pilot light of crazy optimism burning deep inside.

That’s just gas mate lean forward roll your tummy abit and it’ll come out with a nice loud fffffaaaaaaarrrrrrpppp 

• Haha 2

We always go into these games in miserable form.

I honestly can't think of the last time we didn't. 

Even the famous O'Grady winner game in 2012 we went in off the back of 4 defeats or something. 

Thing is this team is so pathetically frail, you just can't see anything but a very long night. We've also got the moustached wonder in charge, who will be picking his team out of a hat.

It's hard to get nervous when you have zero expectation. 

• Haha 1

Fund Raising Quiz Night. Always a reight good laugh and usually totally blasted with excellent beer. Food provided. Phone off.

No nerves about football. What’s concerning is my current state of ambivolance ...not felt like this for quite a few years. That’s more worrying. 

Not nervous, just a sense of the inevitable with the way we've been defending. But also a feeling that if we do get turned over big style it will probably force Mr Chansiri into some sort of action regarding the manager. So...one door could close and another open. In any case I've seen too many Derbies over the years where the result has gone against form to keep an open mind about it.

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

It might be solids though, come Friday. Gonna stick a tenner on Fletch for 1st goal at 10/1. Only player worth a shirt v Norwich.

Going to stick a tenner on ‘any’ blunt to score. Saying that, with my betting luck, we’ll lose to an own goal lol 

4 minutes ago, Spookone said:

To be fair the blunts fans seemed to have calmed down so far this season compared to the constant mocking last season (at least the people I know), its almost as if they feel sorry for us (which is even worse!!!!) :duntmatter:

What's happening at S2 is a fairy story.

Lower league manager takes a mid-table squad to the top of the league.

No injuries, British manager so nobody's interested in him to tempt him away.

Thus McCabe gets away with spending nowt.

Third consecutive derby where FF will be missing...

It's just going for them at the moment, that's all.

Things aren't going for us presently.

Before Hooper's injury in 2017 we never had a defeat, since it we've never had a victory.

Chansiri dropped one retaining Carlos and engaging Jos, but the rest of it's largely bad luck.

Their turn will come.