Carlos on BBC Radio 5 live , Thursday 18 Oct at 2100

His agents hve some clout to get a geezer like him on Tv and radio as much as they have with his record is unbelievable. To work as summariser is simply amazing his comments are absolute garbage make little sense and difficult to follow.

Just wonder how long before this will wear off and media totally forget about him. unfortunately it will stay with me forever.

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

His agents hve some clout to get a geezer like him on Tv and radio as much as they have with his record is unbelievable. To work as summariser is simply amazing his comments are absolute garbage make little sense and difficult to follow.

Just wonder how long before this will wear off and media totally forget about him. unfortunately it will stay with me forever.

charisma  that and he doesnt give one sentence answers- which makes life easier for his lazier interviewers 

It er comes across as a bit desperate. 

Seems to have been popping up everywhere in the last few months.

Wouldn't shock me if someone takes a punt on him at some point. This is football after all. 

For me Carlos is talked about more than most ex managers because for a time he talked the talk and we all believed him as it was happening on the pitch too.

Also maybe our first foreign manager with a bit of the gift for talking and charming somewhat.

I do however not have any time for him now, he's in my past.

Some ex managers I'll have time for, such as Big Ron even though I do feel he shat on us somewhat.    Trevor Francis, some think he is culpable to our demise but I disagree and always wondered if he'd go on and do something after us, but no.   Others like Yorath, Wilson, Jones etc flattered to deceive and ultimately the club were bigger than they were.   Megson lost any chance of a further career by coming to us, but like he said - he COULD have been the legend to get us back up to the promised land, and he tried and failed, knowing that success would have made him a legend.

Carlos, i'm afraid no - let's leave this guy alone now.   He owes us nothing, we owe him nothing but he's not SWFC.

First season was great.

Second season was meh though points wise we did better...

Third season was crap. 

Main takeaway from his time here is he can't handle pressure in the key moments. When the expectation was relatively low, we played some great football and emerged as the outside bet for promotion. 

Next season the expectation went up and we changed into a attritional side who grinder out victories...though bizarrely recruited players to play the brand of football we'd adopted in the first season.

The third season was a disaster, capped off by him getting relieved of his duties when he had a new job lined up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

If he'd had left us after Huddersfield, I'm sure there would be a great deal more positive sentiment from fans. I know I wouldn't be irked by him as much as I am now.

Unfortunately the only thing he does is remind me of a semi-smooth talking conman

I think your 100% spot on about that. 

33 minutes ago, SiJ said:

First season was great.

Second season was meh though points wise we did better...

Third season was crap. 

Main takeaway from his time here is he can't handle pressure in the key moments. When the expectation was relatively low, we played some great football and emerged as the outside bet for promotion. 

Next season the expectation went up and we changed into a attritional side who grinder out victories...though bizarrely recruited players to play the brand of football we'd adopted in the first season.

The third season was a disaster, capped off by him getting relieved of his duties when he had a new job lined up.

Agree with this.

It won't be popular on here but I listened to him on the wireless tonight and he came across as very eloquent and informed - not just his trademark charm without substance but actual tactical opinion.

We should have parted with him after the Huddersfield game and his record shows he is not a long-term manager but for me that 1st season was as enjoyable as any in the past 15 years+ other than the League One promotion seasons and the standard of football much better than anything since the Premier League days. Yes he had more money to spend than any other manager since then but our budget was still not top 6 in this division, especially in that 1st season as much of the wasted money came after that. 

He'll get another job. Probably a Championship club. It is weird how some media outlets talk about him. I suppose we were so used to him that all the over analysis of his analogies when he was at Swansea was just a bit boring. We'd heard it all before. Shows how things can change in football because if he had have got the job done, let's be honest he'd be able to come back here as a legend.

Hopefully that will be Jos' honour. :luhukay: